Today feels like a Belated Fleck day

James Eagle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing came up looking for him, so, I guess I should start this thread.

Bela is a musical genius. He mostly plays banjo, but he can play any stringed instrument. What sets him apart from most everyone are his compositions, he writes amazing songs. He’s so good, he married the heir to one of the oldest guitar manufacturers, Washburn. Bela has a band, The Flecktones, but first I’ll show you him on the transatlantic sessions

Falani

https://youtu.be/JvSbqkLQpKk?si=iFo4SZr1dQWpKCFN

Bela is so good, he got the best bass player in the world to be in his band. Victor is a beast. There’s a lot of great bass players, a few gods, Victor is one

He got some guy from the future to play the drums with a guitar.

Saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones way back in the 90's. Classy little joint with everyone sitting down at tables. There were moments where I literally laughed out loud in amazement at what I was watching. Victor and Bela did this bit where they faced each other and played each others instrument, Bela hitting Victor's bass and Victor playing Bela's banjo. At various points, each musician did a bit of a solo performance while the other two were offstage. Victor played Amazing Grace on the bass and blew me away. I spent the next week teaching myself how to do that with the harmonics etc...

Saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones way back in the 90's. Classy little joint with everyone sitting down at tables. There were moments where I literally laughed out loud in amazement at what I was watching. Victor and Bela did this bit where they faced each other and played each others instrument, Bela hitting Victor's bass and Victor playing Bela's banjo. At various points, each musician did a bit of a solo performance while the other two were offstage. Victor played Amazing Grace on the bass and blew me away. I spent the next week teaching myself how to do that with the harmonics etc...

He’s so damn good folks begged to be a part . One of the most underrated bands, the Flecktones

Back