Tony Ferguson expresses frustrations about not getting title-shot during 12 fight win streak.

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
"Nobody spoke up for me to get a title fight, 12 fights in the making. What did I do wrong?" Tony Ferguson expresses frustrations at his treatment during his time in the UFC and goes on a long rant about his last 8 years.

He says the fans like to paint him as a meme but feels lots of other fighters have followed what he is doing now. He says he was wearing suits and sunglasses before most people in the UFC.

He’s an exciting finisher, JB disciple that should’ve been pushed hard by the UFC due to his fighting style and heart... but, he comes off as a cringe inducing doucherocket human being, the UFC didn’t want him anywhere near a belt...

Sadly his best has come and past

and I’m a huge fan of Tony

Tony had 2 Undisputed title fights ruined by injury. 1 by him and 1 by Khabib. He had another ruined by a pandemic.

He had 3 interim title fights. He won 1. Lost one. And outright turned down another.

Tony got his chances and wanted to wear sunglasses inside or fight Pettis instead of Holloway for an interim 155 title.

Nobody should feel bad for Tony.

he is over rated with a padded record. With names like kevin lee, cowboy and pettis all of whom are journeyman and everyone acting like they wee killers
He has 2 wins over former champions in RDA & Pettis.

Khabib also has just 2 wins vs former champions in RDA & Conor.

Now if you want to give Poirier & Gaethje credit as being champions via interim, then Tony must also be considered a former champion which refutes your initial opinion altogether. Especially considering Gaethje's best win is far & away Tony.

Checkmate

Cowboy was sort of a journeyman. He was never one of the elites in the division. He always lost to those guys.

Pettis was emphatically not a journeyman.

Cowboy holds wins over several former champs, he also fought for the belt.

Hes not a journeyman and Im not a Cowboy fan by any stretch.

Cowboy holds wins over several former champs, he also fought for the belt.

Hes not a journeyman and Im not a Cowboy fan by any stretch.

Fair points. I view him as a busy, game, busy fighter who was never elite. But yeah, calling him a journeyman might not be quite right either.

At this stage in their careers both are journeymen fighting for paychecks and not title aspirations.

Pettis was once a champ.
And cowboy was once a top contender.

Now theyre nowhere near contenders no, I was replying to the ridiculous statement below.

"he is over rated with a padded record. With names like kevin lee, cowboy and pettis all of whom are journeyman and everyone acting like they wee killers"

so bad at speaking i couldn't watch past a few minutes. tito level bad.

Back