Tony Ferguson expresses frustrations about not getting title-shot during 12 fight win streak.

he is over rated with a padded record. With names like kevin lee, cowboy and pettis all of whom are journeyman and everyone acting like they wee killers
To quote the great 2EZ of the forums of sherdog on the internet of earth,
"A former champ and two former title challengers: journeyman."

You do understand that making statements like that kill all your credibility, right?
It is factually untrue by definition of the word YOU chose.

Journeyman (boxing) - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Journeyman_(boxing)

In boxing, kickboxing and mixed martial arts, a journeyman is a fighter who has adequate skill but is not of the caliber of a contender or gatekeeper.​

So you were using "hyperbole" if we are being kind, but even then you just listed 3 fights that would have gotten almost anyone a title shot so it just serves to further drive home the counterpoint.
The only "padding" on Tony's win streak was the Vannata fight who was a late replacement when Chisea pulled out.

Love watching him fight but anybody with any sense knew he was uber cringefest and as soon as he lost he'd lose his Elvis schtick.

In fact, if he and Sonnen should have a cringe baby...
DishonestBabyishAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

I will say it again. Tony record is padded as fuck with journeymen like pettis, cowboy and lee. I dont care if pettis was a champion, he wasnt one when tony beat him, lee has 1 round in him and almost finished tony too and idc how many wins cowboy has he is an easy fight for anyone thats why any and everyone calls him out for a fight to build their name
Blah blah, you don't know what journeyman are. Dana been skullfooking your brain with wwe style that 'it's real to me, dammit'.

I never mentioned khabib once, it seems tony weirdo fan boys cant handle the truth like tony himself
I can tell rat’s fans when I read their posts. All their opinions and criticism of other fighters serve the purpose of making Khabib look good. It’s too bad that you are too stupid to realize that saying Tony’s records are padded actually hurts Khabib’s legacy since lot of their opponents correspond other than obviously Conor and Dustin. How can he be the goat or pound for pound no.1 when he has less wins over top 10 guys than Adesanya and Usman, while only facing “bums” who also contributed to Tony’s padded record before becoming champion.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can he be the goat or pound for pound no.1 when he has less wins over top 10 guys than Adesanya and Usman, while only facing “bums” who also contributed to Tony’s padded record before becoming champion.

tenor.gif

Note I'm a fan of both guys and still a bit disappointed we never got that scrap.

Cowboy was sort of a journeyman. He was never one of the elites in the division. He always lost to those guys.

Pettis was emphatically not a journeyman.
He beat bendo, Alvarez, barboza, and arguably beat lawler at ww one fight removed from his title. He has lots of other quality and ranked wins. He had some well documented stinkers of course as well.

For me Tony falls into a category with people like Conor and Ronda where I love to watch them fight but can't listen to them talk.

For me Tony falls into a category with people like Conor and Ronda where I love to watch them fight but can't listen to them talk.

I suppose you don't like Amanda Ribas' laugh either!

<{dayum}>

Pettis was a champ and at one point considered top 5 P4P..

So was Renan Barao. A few years later, beating him isn't considered some great achievement. Pettis hadn't put 2 wins together in 4 years before facing Tony.

Cowboy fought for the title and was in the top 10 of LW and WW for almost 5 years.

Love Cowboy, but he was on a 3 fight win streak against lesser comp. He wasn't beating the top 5 or anything. Just because you were right up there once doesn't mean you always are. Don't compare Cowboy in 2019 to the Cowboy 4 years prior who had just had an incredible run to a title shot against RDA.

Kevin Lee at the time was dominating everyone.

His best win at the time was either Chiesa or Trinaldo, neither of which are top 5.

Tony's streak lasted as long as it did with more than a little help from the fact that he was fighting lesser competition. I'm not saying Tony is a bad fighter or anything, bu the reality is he never fought any top 5 fighters except for RDA, and when he finally did, he got beaten badly.

I agree. It is very sad that politics got in the way of him from being champion. For instance, he shouldve gotten title shot against RDA instead of alvarez. And he wouldve won.

He beat bendo, Alvarez, barboza, and arguably beat lawler at ww one fight removed from his title. He has lots of other quality and ranked wins. He had some well documented stinkers of course as well.

Fair. And even the fight he lost against Benson was sorta iffy.

Cowboy holds wins over several former champs, he also fought for the belt.

Hes not a journeyman and Im not a Cowboy fan by any stretch.
Fedor and Anderson were two of the greatest fighters ever but both are journeyman level now and so are Pettis and Cowboy.

i agree with him. he had the marketing value and the skill. he should have gotten a shot long ago. ferguson vs connor would have been big money.

Fedor and Anderson were two of the greatest fighters ever but both are journeyman level now and so are Pettis and Cowboy.

Literally no clue what you're talking about. Why are you mentioning Fedor and Anderson?

Noone is saying Cerrone and Pettis are killers in 2020, journeyman level or whatever sure, call them what you want.

The conversation started because someone they always have been journeyman.

Literally no clue what you're talking about. Why are you mentioning Fedor and Anderson?

Noone is saying Cerrone and Pettis are killers in 2020, journeyman level or whatever sure, call them what you want.

The conversation started because someone they always have been journeyman.
Tony beat Pettis and Cerrone long after their primes. Timing is everything . Tony’s best win is a decision over RDA 7 months after Eddie finished him in 1 round. If Tony would have beat RDA on a winning streak (like Khabib did) it would mean more. Tony is always too little too late.

Reactions: 2EZ
Tony beat Pettis and Cerrone long after their primes. Timing is everything . Tony’s best win is a decision over RDA 7 months after Eddie finished him in 1 round. If Tony would have beat RDA on a winning streak (like Khabib did) it would mean more. Tony is always too little too late.

Sigh, clearly you still havent read.

Noone in this thread said Pettis and Cowboy were in their primes when they fought Tony.

I dont even know what point you're making here?

I can tell rat’s fans when I read their posts. All their opinions and criticism of other fighters serve the purpose of making Khabib look good. It’s too bad that you are too stupid to realize that saying Tony’s records are padded actually hurts Khabib’s legacy since lot of their opponents correspond other than obviously Conor and Dustin. How can he be the goat or pound for pound no.1 when he has less wins over top 10 guys than Adesanya and Usman, while only facing “bums” who also contributed to Tony’s padded record before becoming champion.
tony is trash and will never be the champion and that one fact is hurting your soul to the core. I was not even comparing tony to khabib because i dont consider them remotely equal, tony is not even fit to tie khabib shoes.

Back