Tool vs Mastodon

Mastodon.

Tool are great and all, some of their songs are AMAZING, but Mastodon are more interesting and more proggy, which I like.

Anyone else struggling to get into Fear Inoculum? Finding it hard to pick out any hooks so far

Anyone else struggling to get into Fear Inoculum? Finding it hard to pick out any hooks so far

It's definitely a departure from their earlier albums. Much softer lyrically. Their instrumentation is tighter than ever though IMO. The title track, Descending, Tempest and Invincible are all great.

Personally, I was just happy to get a new album at all, but it's an acquired taste for sure and I can see how some may not like it and have a hard time getting into it.

It's definitely a departure from their earlier albums. Much softer lyrically. Their instrumentation is tighter than ever though IMO. The title track, Descending, Tempest and Invincible are all great.

Personally, I was just happy to get a new album at all, but it's an acquired taste for sure and I can see how some may not like it and have a hard time getting into it.
Thanks man, I’ll definitely persevere with it

Neither. Although if forced to choose, Tool. Mastodon got really lame and shitty really quick.

This. Or Black Sabbath.
Anything after Blood Mountain is pretty meh to me. I liked Tool when I was younger but got burnt out because I heard them too much.

Anything after Blood Mountain is pretty meh to me. I liked Tool when I was younger but got burnt out because I heard them too much.

Same. I had some friends/roommates who were diehard fans. I haven't listened to a full album from either band in a long, long time but I gotta admit both bands were amazing when I saw them 2002/2003ish. Tool at Red Rocks in CO was a top 5 concert experience. What a spectacular venue that place is.

Back