Top 5 MMA grapplers ever

If you're not putting Khabib in the top 5, then you're probably trolling.

I have it:

1. GSP
2. Khabib
3. Maia
4. Werdum
5. Can't decide on a definitive #5... DC's certainly in the running, along with Jones, Jacare, Big Nog and others

I would put Shields at 5. He beat Maia (though it was a close fight that could’ve gone either way) in what was mostly a grappling match.

2 pages in without a mention of this guy?

kazushi-sakuraba.jpg

ApB9EWcrnY8jSFaKQAFPrnwLcGl0p1Ah6FGU46UJaXO8uYIk912-04KLb6mZttqdG8II0Bj558_mkSl2CjvskDBvrOFPnoOXHBVTUAgOU68

P4P #1 grappler all-time

He would be Top 5 sub artist but as a pure grappler he’s on the outside. He got the piss beat out of him many times in pursuit of subs. Not really a technique you would preach.

Surprised at no mention of Mir

That logic is retarded lol

"Khabib sucks because he couldn't sub Al Iaquinta"

I know you're trying to troll, but you're also just a moron hahaha
Iaquinta is a far better grappler than Hardy

Speaking of Danaher lineage, Serra trained with John for over a decade and Al is a purple belt under him despite not spending much time in the gi.

Hardly comparable to a complete British scrub who I could tap out in 10 seconds.

In this we will look at both the wrestling and grappling of these fighters.

1) Gsp: a man with a karate background would go on to have the greatest takedowns ever seen in combat sports. He used his explosiveness and timing to put anyone on the mat. He out wrestled the best wrestlers of his time so I think he is an obvious choice. He is also arguably the best submission artist and top player OAT.
2) DC: Olympic wrestler, great gnp and control and his takedowns are phenomenal. He, at his peak, was quick powerful and efficient. His strength allowed him to submit and tko many men on the ground.
3) Maia: goat bjj guy
4) cejudo: gold medal, what else can you say?
5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

Agree? Disagree? What is your list?

Maia is easily the best MMA grappler of all time.

The guy has dogshit standup and always has been a top 10 fighter in his classes for basically ever at this point

Khabib grappling >> GSP.

George isn't nearly as good as khabib on the ground. And most of his takedown are well timed double leg. He doesn't have the variety of takedowns and chain wrestling like khabib.
He also faced WAY better grapplers than Khabib did

DC has overrated grappling. He has amazing TDs, but not that great on the ground

1) Jon Jones
2) Khabib Nurmagomedov
3) Daniel Cormier
4) Cejudo
5) GSP

Hard to pick exact order, but:
  • Khabib
  • GSP
  • Werdum
  • Maia
  • Jacare

Khabib lost 1 round in his career and he grappled for 99% of it. He took people down anywhere and in any fashion. One leg, standing up, keeping good distance near the cage? Whoops, you fucked up and gave Khabib your ankle. It was astonishing how quickly he could go from a lower leg to full mount. GSP was great, but he really only had a double leg. If we're talking about the best pure grappler, it's Khabib and then everyone else.

I think GSPs Grappling is outdated so i take

1.Khabib
2.Jon Jones

Back