News Top Rank calls off two fight cards over lack of COVID-19 testing, blames Donald Trump

Doing well in comparison to other Western countries, i.e. Italy, Spain, UK (unfortunately London will be hit badly).

Weather here is going to be nice too, sunny and 20C, so I’m expecting lots of news reports of people going out.

Agreed about masks. There is a shortage of all masks, in particular the N95 which offers the most protection. I feel they may hold back on pushing people to wear them till they can control the supply better.

Agree.
Sure the N95 would be nice if there was supply, but even a scarf would be much better than nothing I think.
There are a lot of videos how to make masks at home easily.

Germany has not done good. We just did better than most others and we were lucky this happened before we were able to cut down our hospitals dramatically, which was planned for some time already.
Weather is getting nice this weekend, I hope people will stay disciplined.
We are still not pushing face masks hard enough, at least our Pandemic agency recommends them now, changed yesterday.

I really cant believe how stupid the recommendation for facemasks were. I mean its so easy to do, compared to all the other stuff...all countries where its been better controlled - facemasks. Lets just not try one of the easiest things first...

havent yous tested shit loads of people early, relative to most of the rest of western Europe? you seem to have a high infection rate but relatively low death rate. I’d say that I’d quite successful based on much of the rest of western Europe. In Britain we are looking at you guys as to what we should have done.

I assumed that's part of it but if they do too much of that people will just think they're lying.
There seems a high state of paranoia over there. The right and the left have zero crossover, acting as sworn enemies. You even watch right or left news, so actually live in alternate realities. Madness!

There seems a high state of paranoia over there. The right and the left have zero crossover, acting as sworn enemies. You even watch right or left news, so actually live in alternate realities. Madness!
Yeah US media is quite different to here. It can catch you off guard. Emily Maitlis who famously grilled Prince Andrew was interviewing a Republican spokeswoman over Donald Trump's response to the virus and she was left speechless at times because she couldn't deal with the well rehearsed alternate reality that was being thrown at her. She got gaslighted which she isn't used to.

That's America. We have groups and an always "us against them" mindset.
It even starts early on with stupid school rivalry stuff. We train kids from an early age " they are different than us...we are better for no tangible reason... dont like them. You are superior just because you think so"

havent yous tested shit loads of people early, relative to most of the rest of western Europe? you seem to have a high infection rate but relatively low death rate. I’d say that I’d quite successful based on much of the rest of western Europe. In Britain we are looking at you guys as to what we should have done.

I am quite glad to be in Germany at the moment, compared to other places, dont get me wrong.
Nobody was prepared and its quite tough to know what are the right things to do.
We did a good job in testing earlier than most and our contact tracing was also ok in the beginning.

I think this could have been seen coming much earlier, so the containment measures taken, like social distancing, started too late. And I said before here, I am glad I do not have to take any of these decisions right now.

What I really dont understand, and maybe thats why I do not want to give too much praise to our "readiness", we do not have protective gear for our hospitals? What?
We cant explain to our people to wear a mask, just in case?
Our local state testing facilities have difficulties exchanging their data?
Our main health institute is not thinking about studies to collect data about the transmission way, antibodies, etc.
But they come out on a monday saying numbers may go down, knowing the data from the weekend is not going to be complete.

sorry for my rant, just cant believe what I see when I see some of our "best" people...

That's America. We have groups and an always "us against them" mindset.
It even starts early on with stupid school rivalry stuff. We train kids from an early age " they are different than us...we are better for no tangible reason... dont like them. You are superior just because you think so"

Not only in America. But you are quite good at it.

Germany has not done good. We just did better than most others and we were lucky this happened before we were able to cut down our hospitals dramatically, which was planned for some time already.
Weather is getting nice this weekend, I hope people will stay disciplined.
We are still not pushing face masks hard enough, at least our Pandemic agency recommends them now, changed yesterday.

I really cant believe how stupid the recommendation for facemasks were. I mean its so easy to do, compared to all the other stuff...all countries where its been better controlled - facemasks. Lets just not try one of the easiest things first...
here wearing something that covers your mouth and nose, as well as gloves, became mandatory in any indoor public space earlier this week.

the thing to note is that the mask isn't protecting whoever is wearing one. you don't need a military grade filter on your face. we need to wear masks, even shitty ones, so that our spit doesn't spread quite as easily when we're out for essentials like food. if infected people wear masks, the odds of infecting people around them are lowered significantly. and since this shit takes about 7 days to develop symptoms, most people don't even know they're infected, so they're spreading it unknowingly. the masks help out, a lot.

stay the fuck home unless you have to go out to buy food. when you do go out to buy food, wear a mask or a scarf over your face. if you can, be the only person in your household that does the shopping and buy everything for your parents and grandparents as well. that's how we beat this thing. by staying put and not breathing directly into one another.

here wearing something that covers your mouth and nose, as well as gloves, became mandatory in any indoor public space earlier this week.

the thing to note is that the mask isn't protecting whoever is wearing one. you don't need a military grade filter on your face. we need to wear masks, even shitty ones, so that our spit doesn't spread quite as easily when we're out for essentials like food. if infected people wear masks, the odds of infecting people around them are lowered significantly. and since this shit takes about 7 days to develop symptoms, most people don't even know they're infected, so they're spreading it unknowingly. the masks help out, a lot.

stay the fuck home unless you have to go out to buy food. when you do go out to buy food, wear a mask or a scarf over your face. if you can, be the only person in your household that does the shopping and buy everything for your parents and grandparents as well. that's how we beat this thing. by staying put and not breathing directly into one another.

Where is "Here"? Good thing you need to wear masks, in Germany we are still not there.
based on the data available, I totally agree with you.

Where is "Here"? Good thing you need to wear masks, in Germany we are still not there.
based on the data available, I totally agree with you.
slovenia.

yeah, i was at the store yesterday and only saw one dickhead without a face mask. some people are obviously wearing them improperly, not covering their nose, or having them way too loose... but still. the majority covers their face and gets the fuck out quickly.

there was a girl at the door of the store telling everyone who entered they must wear plastic gloves, which were available there. a dude was disinfecting and wiping down all shopping carts. this was in one of the biggest store chains in the country, i must say i was pretty impressed.

i have no clue if we'll ever be completely rid of the damn thing, but keeping people away from eachother and forcing them to wear some sort of protective clothing should slow down the spread at least. what a weird timeline we're living in.

Not only madness but a spoiled population. Totally unprepared for real struggle.

Wait, that's not normal? Do your stepdads not touch you in the sensitive areas over there either? Being American is fucking weird.

The various experts are also contradicting one another, Michael Osterholm, who I think is a top expert has said that all the hand washing is useless and that the evidence is sparse that we pick up the virus from touching our faces. He said the n95 masks were very good, others were saying that masks will "only make your face sweaty". When we have advice like this, it is confusing. One thing I know from my past is that most of the time when I've gotten sick I was in either a crowded environment or an environment that i'm not usually in like a packed bar or even a bus after a hard workout with my immune system weak.

I read about a guy once who left society, he had some sort of disorder where he just didn't need any human contact, but he lived in a cold part of the country, stated there were many times that he thought he'd freeze to death but that he never got sick out of like 20 years of being out there.

The various experts are also contradicting one another, Michael Osterholm, who I think is a top expert has said that all the hand washing is useless and that the evidence is sparse that we pick up the virus from touching our faces. He said the n95 masks were very good, others were saying that masks will "only make your face sweaty". When we have advice like this, it is confusing. One thing I know from my past is that most of the time when I've gotten sick I was in either a crowded environment or an environment that i'm not usually in like a packed bar or even a bus after a hard workout with my immune system weak.

I read about a guy once who left society, he had some sort of disorder where he just didn't need any human contact, but he lived in a cold part of the country, stated there were many times that he thought he'd freeze to death but that he never got sick out of like 20 years of being out there.

Do it man!

intro.jpg

how dare you trigger my
Do it man!

intro.jpg
how dare you trigger my paranoia and read my mind. it's my ultimate dream, i just need a way to stop sucking the big titty of the city.

Wait, that's not normal? Do your stepdads not touch you in the sensitive areas over there either? Being American is fucking weird.
americans are paranoid, you don't destroy a continent, it's peoples and enslave others and feel quite right with yourself. and.., we're quite encouraged not to trust anyone as well. it's strange how reports of all crimes fell off the news pages with everyone falling all over themselves talking about corona, it's like the criminals just dissapeared and quarantined or something.

americans are paranoid, you don't destroy a continent, it's peoples and enslave others and feel quite right with yourself. and.., we're quite encouraged not to trust anyone as well. it's strange how reports of all crimes fell off the news pages with everyone falling all over themselves talking about corona, it's like the criminals just dissapeared and quarantined or something.
Being a Native you know a lot about that perspective, a perspective that a lot of us might push to the back of our mind. I was just thinking about that earlier tho, a lot of time to think these days. It's a good point. America is normal to me b/c I'm American. I'm a white guy, I don't know the struggle that others go through. I'm ignorant to the rest of the world. I don't travel, I'm good w/ geography but I've never been outside the country.

The only thing I really know about is Native ppls b/c I'm from Iroquois country and you learn a bit w/ growing up here. And living in a black neighborhood you know a lot of black ppl and learn to understand a different culture a bit better. But other than that I'm pretty ignorant to the rest of the world in general. I'm not proud of it but it is what it is and it's one of the things that I would change about myself.

Even a surgical mask for normal interaction will protect others around you by eliminating you projecting droplets into the environment, you don't need an N95 mask for that. Since it's not actually an airborne virus, the N95 isn't necessary.

In terms of protecting the wearer an N95 is preferred as it will provide a bit more protection then a surgical mask would, but, it does NOTHING to protect your eyes, or you from yourself. ie) unless you excercise good technique the mask isn't going to save you, and, in fact may increase your risk simply because unless you are used to wearing protective gear it increases the number of times you touch your face to readjust the mask. --In addition, I believe that the don't bother with masks rhetoric was fueled in no small part by the reality that there simply doesn't exist enough masks in North America for everybody to have a case of them. Hospitals are running short already. Public figures don't want to create a situation where it's the fucking Purge for people trying to source masks. I'm still waiting for my Jack Daniels Hand Sanitizer though... that'd be dope.

The virus can live for about 3 days on paper/cardboard, or <24hours on copper for example so you can touch a contaminated surface long after it's been contaminated, and then touch your mouth/nose or rub your eyes, and you CAN become ill.

It is very difficult to eliminate 100% of the risk, because it can persist on a fomite for days. Unless everything you bring in to your home can be delivered and then sequestered for 4 days there is risk that when you touch the packaging on that bag of sugar for example that you may be exposed to the virus if the kid stocking shelves happened to cough on it. Because of hoarding, staples are flying off the shelves, and may not have been on the shelf for an hour, let alone 4 days, so the only way to be 100% safe is to treat everything you bring in to your life as contaminated, and knowing that, I know that there is no way I could manage it.

You're going to keep your produce/fruit in quarantine for 4 days? Hard nope.

Even a surgical mask for normal interaction will protect others around you by eliminating you projecting droplets into the environment, you don't need an N95 mask for that. Since it's not actually an airborne virus, the N95 isn't necessary.

In terms of protecting the wearer an N95 is preferred as it will provide a bit more protection then a surgical mask would, but, it does NOTHING to protect your eyes, or you from yourself. ie) unless you excercise good technique the mask isn't going to save you, and, in fact may increase your risk simply because unless you are used to wearing protective gear it increases the number of times you touch your face to readjust the mask. --In addition, I believe that the don't bother with masks rhetoric was fueled in no small part by the reality that there simply doesn't exist enough masks in North America for everybody to have a case of them. Hospitals are running short already. Public figures don't want to create a situation where it's the fucking Purge for people trying to source masks. I'm still waiting for my Jack Daniels Hand Sanitizer though... that'd be dope.

The virus can live for about 3 days on paper/cardboard, or <24hours on copper for example so you can touch a contaminated surface long after it's been contaminated, and then touch your mouth/nose or rub your eyes, and you CAN become ill.

It is very difficult to eliminate 100% of the risk, because it can persist on a fomite for days. Unless everything you bring in to your home can be delivered and then sequestered for 4 days there is risk that when you touch the packaging on that bag of sugar for example that you may be exposed to the virus if the kid stocking shelves happened to cough on it. Because of hoarding, staples are flying off the shelves, and may not have been on the shelf for an hour, let alone 4 days, so the only way to be 100% safe is to treat everything you bring in to your life as contaminated, and knowing that, I know that there is no way I could manage it.

You're going to keep your produce/fruit in quarantine for 4 days? Hard nope.
Certainly, the masks talk was so people dont hoard them but it comes across as dishonest. They should just plainly say, health workers need all masks in production. The truth.

The idea that you can get the virus off a delivered package sound like hysteria to me and the kind that we should steer clear of. Could it happen? Who am I to say it cant but in the time of aids we could have learned a lot about our own ignorance if we'd just stopped being so fearful and selfish. I did.

Back