Topboxer headgear?

Have you searched the gear review forum for reviews of 16oz TB? There must be some reviews there.
there are but they are for the CUSTOM made ones....since i can't afford the $150 customs just wanted a review on the Win1 stock specs....seem they are the real deal

I have above average hands for my size (185cm, 77kg), but regular wrists. The fit is great. The inner orthopaedic foam really covers the hand and make the fit snug but not tight. The 'strips' of padding along the wrist are very supportive and the wide strap is great.
It's a big, wide pillowy glove. Both weigh 16.35oz, so that's nice for a glove to have the advertised weight. Despite being on weight the physical size of the glove feels cumbersome sometimes.
Unfortunately I have punched through a little bit the padding. (My fault, I used these on the bag for a time. If it wasn't for the New Sporting debacle this wouldn't have happened) I've felt my knuckle land on sparring partners recently so I appear to have aged them prematurely. If i was to buy them again, I would keep a pair only for sparring and have a glove with firmer padding for bags & mitts. I am interested too hear peoples opinions on the Win1 style glove 14oz and below.

As for the Boon gloves, sorry no. I had a pair of Twins 14oz in the past and hated them

csquare has s review of the 14oz up on his channel

there are but they are for the CUSTOM made ones....since i can't afford the $150 customs just wanted a review on the Win1 stock specs....seem they are the real deal

You should just go ahead and buy the stock 16oz Win1. TB makes great gloves. You won't regret it.

I'm 6" 195lbs I think I'll go 18oz...what ya say?

I dunno; it's up to you.

Do you intend to use them for bagwork or sparring?

If bagwork, I would get them in the same oz weight as the gloves you will use in fights because I think it's beneficial to train with fight weight gloves as much as possible.

If sparring, I would get 16oz because I dislike really heavy gloves and I therefore want to use the minimum glove weight conventionally permissible for sparring in my boxing community.

I dunno; it's up to you.

Do you intend to use them for bagwork or sparring?

If bagwork, I would get them in the same oz weight as the gloves you will use in fights because I think it's beneficial to train with fight weight gloves as much as possible.

If sparring, I would get 16oz because I dislike really heavy gloves and I therefore want to use the minimum glove weight conventionally permissible for sparring in my boxing community.
nah i want them for sparring....i'm not competitive but getting into the sweet science as a martial art

I know they're called Win1 because they basically ape the Winning design, but how much do they feel like Winning?

I know they're called Win1 because they basically ape the Winning design, but how much do they feel like Winning?

The padding on my 12oz Winning-style TBs doesn't feel much like the padding on my 12oz Winnings. It's not as soft. But they're still great gloves. Apparently 16oz TBs are softer for sparring, but I don't know for sure because I don't own a 16oz pair.

The padding on my 12oz Winning-style TBs doesn't feel much like the padding on my 12oz Winnings. It's not as soft. But they're still great gloves. Apparently 16oz TBs are softer for sparring, but I don't know for sure because I don't own a 16oz pair.

The 16 oz Winning-style TB (lace-up) are definitely much softer compared to the 12 oz TB (velcro) I can't speak to how they compare to Winnings as I've never owned a pair.

Would 2oz really weigh ones hand down dat much?

18oz is half 1kg. You might have seen pro boxers holding dumbbell and punching. They are 0.5kg or 1kg.

18oz could feel like that.

If you have 1.1lb dumbbells, try to punch holding them in your hands. Feeling okay and arms feeling good, then you can go with 18oz

I have both gloves, TB's Win1 Padding is definitely not as soft as Winning's. The feedback on Winning's are better too but that's why Winning is in the status (and price range) that they are in. I would be lying like E*pert Bo*ing with his initial Sabas SS review if I told you the Win1 feels remotely like a Winning Glove.

However, if you don't compare TB's Win1 to Winnings, they are a league of their own. Good protection, decent feedback, definitely an all around great glove. The only thing I don't like about my TB Gloves is their thumb design. It's positioning is very uncomfortable to me and that's why I can't stand using my TB Glove for long sessions. I heard that Mr. Irfan recently made some changes to their thumb design, so going to give their stock gloves another try in the near future.

18oz is half 1kg. You might have seen pro boxers holding dumbbell and punching. They are 0.5kg or 1kg.

18oz could feel like that.

If you have 1.1lb dumbbells, try to punch holding them in your hands. Feeling okay and arms feeling good, then you can go with 18oz

I just got TB Win1 gloves in 16oz. The stock Maroon color.
They are actually 18oz on the scale. But they work great and really do look and feel like a luxury custom product and the leather smells delicious.
I can slam the bag hard, and even with knuckle injuries I’m nursing on both hands, I can hit hard and be ok as long as I wrapped right.

Now this threat is supposed to be about TB headgear. I just ordered the gladiator model today. I can update when it arrives.

I have both gloves, TB's Win1 Padding is definitely not as soft as Winning's. The feedback on Winning's are better too but that's why Winning is in the status (and price range) that they are in. I would be lying like E*pert Bo*ing with his initial Sabas SS review if I told you the Win1 feels remotely like a Winning Glove.

However, if you don't compare TB's Win1 to Winnings, they are a league of their own. Good protection, decent feedback, definitely an all around great glove. The only thing I don't like about my TB Gloves is their thumb design. It's positioning is very uncomfortable to me and that's why I can't stand using my TB Glove for long sessions. I heard that Mr. Irfan recently made some changes to their thumb design, so going to give their stock gloves another try in the near future.

Yep, I agree with that, the Win1 padding is not as soft as Winning; but as you go on to say, it doesn't really matter because TB gloves are sweet anyway.

Can’t take Fit2box reviews srsly as this guy never uses any of tha gear he reviews... all his stuff be lookin brand new lol

Same here. No offense to Simon's fans, but his reviews are basically, "Everything is Good" commercial reviews to me these days. Not to mention, a lot of people was duped by his Haymaker Boxing Review (even Carlos from csquaredboxing) which he removed after numerous of his fans reached out to him. I guess Simon didn't want to be responsible for his actions even though I doubt anyone would had known that brand without his "Wow, this is great gloves!" review.

Same here. No offense to Simon's fans, but his reviews are basically, "Everything is Good" commercial reviews to me these days. Not to mention, a lot of people was duped by his Haymaker Boxing Review (even Carlos from csquaredboxing) which he removed after numerous of his fans reached out to him. I guess Simon didn't want to be responsible for his actions even though I doubt anyone would had known that brand without his "Wow, this is great gloves!" review.

So please fill me in here. I saw haymaker advertising on IG and saw they’re local to me and appear to be claiming to be like TopBoxer but I’m guessing they’re not.
When I tried to find reviews or info I got nothing.

They’re junk right? What’s the story there?

So please fill me in here. I saw haymaker advertising on IG and saw they’re local to me and appear to be claiming to be like TopBoxer but I’m guessing they’re not.
When I tried to find reviews or info I got nothing.

They’re junk right? What’s the story there?

Yeah bro, he got nice gear but he always seem biased towards certain brands and never gives a real critique on the gear he uses. Supposedly he a boxing coach but I seen dudes videos and man I dunno lol to put it kindly I wouldn’t wanna be trained by him... I saw that haymaker video too both by him and csquared, I think csquared blew the whistle on haymaker for being shady or something like that but then said his video got removed because someone spammed the shit out of it.

Back