Travis Fulton vs. Shannon Ritch

BenjaminDuffy

Mayor of Memory Lane
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Hey gang!

I don't often hawk my front-page wares here (in fact, I don't think I ever have) but I just put out two articles that may as well be a love letter to the forum hardcores. We're the only ones who can truly toe the line between appreciation and mockery. With no major MMA this weekend, and the bizarre Fulton vs. Ritch matchup happening, I'm writing up franchise pieces on them in the same way we do for UFC main events. Here's the first pair:

By The Numbers: Travis Fulton

By The Numbers: Shannon Ritch

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I google Travis Fulton every few years to see is the phenomenon is still ongoing. What a legend. He hasn't been in the UFC for 20 years but he still deserves HOF.

Hey gang!

I don't often hawk my front-page wares here (in fact, I don't think I ever have) but I just put out two articles that may as well be a love letter to the forum hardcores. We're the only ones who can truly toe the line between appreciation and mockery. With no major MMA this weekend, and the bizarre Fulton vs. Ritch matchup happening, I'm writing up franchise pieces on them in the same way we do for UFC main events. Here's the first pair:

By The Numbers: Travis Fulton

By The Numbers: Shannon Ritch

Cheers,
Ben

I had to give you a like for the Descendents AV alone. Fulton is an animal though. He just keeps trucking along like the Energizer bunny. Its crazy.

I can only imagine how fucked up this guys body is.

That was awesome. Travis Fulton is a damn legend.

Just looked it up and am amazed that these two haven't fought before.

This card looks fucking hilarious:

Travis Fulton (256-54-10) vs. Shannon Ritch (57-86)
Dakota Cochrane (32-13) vs. Joilton Santos (29-7)
Travis Wiuff (75-22) vs. JR Lugo (8-3)
Jamall Emmers (14-4) vs. Darrick Minner (22-9)
Celine Haga (10-16) vs. Jenny Clausius (1-2)

A couple other goofy fights happening as well.

If only I had time to write up "5 Things You Probably Know About Dakota Cochrane."

I remember very early on in Shannon Ritch's career he was being advertised as a pure boxer.

how the hell do these guys do it? I mean certainly they will develop, or already have, CTE>>

lol @ Struve & Kos

Fulton will destroy Ritch, Ritch loses to tomato cans on the reg, Fulton beats them to a pulp. Although I suspect both guys have been involved in a lot of worked fights. Plus Fulton is a HW, didn't even know Ritch had fought at HW.

Man, Travis has only fought ten times in the last 5 years. Going back to his "prime" there was times he'd do that in a month.

how the hell do these guys do it? I mean certainly they will develop, or already have, CTE>>
Fulton hasn't been knocked out many times, believe it or not. Arlovski was the first one to knock him out cold.

Fulton hasn't been knocked out many times, believe it or not. Arlovski was the first one to knock him out cold.
Still a lot of shots to the head though just considering everybody takes shots in a fight. He's also been KO'd 25 times in boxing

I hate Sherdog's fascination with Travis Fulton. He is the very definition of a can crusher, and an extremely shitty person.

Well, Travis Fulton only fights bums, and Shannon Ritch taps out at the first sign of adversity.

Back