Crime Trial Underway For Deadly Christmas Parade Driver

Representing himself should work out well.
Dude should be put in the chair not sure if Wisconsin has that or not.

What's the old saying lawyers have? "Anyone who represents themselves has a fool for a client";)

https://www.fox6now.com/news/darrell-brooks-trial-opening-statements-10062022

Day one highlights:

he was thrown out of court moments after proceedings began and appeared via zoom from an adjacent court room

He took off his shoes and shirt, threatened to destroy the courtroom, claimed he couldn't hear the judge on the zoom call but was FaceTiming someone else

said he recognized a juror

<36> He has made a complete mockery of that court room. I have no idea how this trial will proceed.

i doubt the best lawyer in the world would get him a verdict/sentence any different than he can get representing himself

Yeah there’s a political angle. The victims were random not unlike a mass shooter. And he wasn’t fleeing police at the time he drove into parade. They were out looking for him but not on his tail until he entered the parade path. He also had multiple social media posts with anti-white people comments. He avoided many other parade parties until one with a bunch of old white women.

So it’s all speculation, but there is some theories of this being a racially motivated attack not just a “generic” killing
It was also right after the Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal, and his social media, now wiped, had a lot of anti Kyle anti police rhetoric.

I don't know... Is there actually anything political about this crime? Recently a mod decided that a guy running some 18 year old kid over and defending himself by saying the kid was a Republican extremist was just a "generic crime." In his words:

It's crime. If people want to discuss it, they certainly can. It's just not political enough to warrant an entire thread.

I mean, the guy in this crime didn't even make it political - he just ran into a crowd getting away from the cops. Going to tag the mod. @panamaican - this one political, or just a generic crime too?
Terrible modding. There was clearly political discussion there. IIRC the same mod tried to bury the Jussie Smollet thread.

This man is an absolute crazy ass moth fucker. I am afraid he will be found guilty, but insane.

Where is Kim Kardashian? This man was framed!

It’s actually genius. A white jury is his best chance. Upstanding blacks would throw the book at him. There surely will be some rich white dems that think this was reparations.

Was thinking more like for the endless appeals when they try to claim "he was convicted by an all white jury for a crime he didn't commit" and say he was "convicted for driving while black".

Driver? Wasn't this the self driving SUV attack?

aa4rlw-A6-700w-0-Copy.jpg

Should probably merge in the crime thread

None of the summaries I’ve read mention prosecution in the opening statements alleging anything racial about the motivation for the attack.

I know based off his social media and the victims of this, there was a lot of speculation by us war roomers. But prosecution doesn’t appear to be attempting to show any motivation. Relying solely on the speeding up in videos to prove pre meditated intent.

So a few seconds. Not days. If this guy had a lawyer the defense lawyer could possibly latch onto that in an effort to show there was no pre meditated intent to kill and that the jury should find 2nd degree murder not 1st.

Back