Triller Fight Club PPV Oct.16th Teofimo López vs Kambosos

So Triller is taking DAZN's crown in the paying far too much for a fighter game.

Good for Lopez, kid deserves every penny he can get.

Crying is way over the top especially when Triller just came along and boosted his pay from 1.25M to 3.12M.

Teofimo signed a contract for a 1.25M minimum, if he is worth so much more his dumbass shouldn't have signed the contract.

Bye bye, Bob.

See, told y'all this idea that "he was asking for more than he was worth" was retarded, a fighter isnt always worth only his next fight. If Triller willing to pay this for 1 fight, they are obviously thinking 10 fights ahead. Kid has potential for an outstanding career and young as hell still. Whoever treats him right will recoup and profit big.

Bye bye, Bob.

See, told y'all this idea that "he was asking for more than he was worth" was retarded, a fighter isnt always worth only his next fight. If Triller willing to pay this for 1 fight, they are obviously thinking 10 fights ahead. Kid has potential for an outstanding career and young as hell still. Whoever treats him right will recoup and profit big.
can only have so much potential as a co-main event fighter.

Bye bye, Bob.

I am one of the guys that had the idea that "he was asking for more than he was worth". Firstly, Teofimo signed a contract with a 1.25M which makes him retarded because if he thinks he was worth more, he should have negotiated a better deal.

Secondly, this is for a fight against an unknown guy in Kambosos. Against Tank, Garcia, or a Loma rematch, he is worth more than his minimum for sure. For Triller to get those fights, which surely is the end game for them as they significantly overpaid for this fight, they will either have to buy out Lopez's contract or hope it goes to purse bids again and purse bid which is unlikely for a Tank fight with a belt and Garcia who is mandatory to Devins Email title.

I am one of the guys that had the idea that "he was asking for more than he was worth". Firstly, Teofimo signed a contract with a 1.25M which makes him retarded because if he thinks he was worth more, he should have negotiated a better deal.

Secondly, this is for a fight against an unknown guy in Kambosos. Against Tank, Garcia, or a Loma rematch, he is worth more than his minimum for sure. For Triller to get those fights, which surely is the end game for them as they significantly overpaid for this fight, they will either have to buy out Lopez's contract or hope it goes to purse bids again and purse bid which is unlikely for a Tank fight with a belt and Garcia who is mandatory to Devins Email title.
First paragraph: nothing illegal about what Lopez is doing, he has every right to set up the best future possible for himself, contracts bind to an extent, Arum venting and saying go ahead and buy his contract out now because his bluff got called and Lopez outsmarted him and plenty of parties are interested in Lopez and the longterm payoff of investing in him. Lopez hasnt broken any legal binding, he let Bob cut his own foot off.

Yep, those fights plus more, he at least becomes one of the top guys at 140, hes got ALOT of big fights and wants to go up, theres no reason this dude cant become a watched commodity, he is KO city, has some dog in him, and IQ to the moon. I think his recoup value potential for the initial investment getting him under a new contract is there to be seen.

First paragraph: nothing illegal about what Lopez is doing, he has every right to set up the best future possible for himself, contracts bind to an extent, Arum venting and saying go ahead and buy his contract out now because his bluff got called and Lopez outsmarted him and plenty of parties are interested in Lopez and the longterm payoff of investing in him. Lopez hasnt broken any legal binding, he let Bob cut his own foot off.

Yep, those fights plus more, he at least becomes one of the top guys at 140, hes got ALOT of big fights and wants to go up, theres no reason this dude cant become a watched commodity, he is KO city, has some dog in him, and IQ to the moon. I think his recoup value potential for the initial investment getting him under a new contract is there to be seen.
I never said what Lopez is doing is illegal, I think you need to re-read what I wrote. I'm just saying it was dumb on his behalf to sign a contract for 3 1/2 years for a minimum purse of 1.25M if he and his team believe they are worth more than that. Of course, it's his choice to take it to purse bid's if he wasn't happy with the offer, which he did and it has worked out huge for him.

There isn't big money fights for Teofimo at 140. He will need the guys at 135 to follow him to 140 to get the bag he wants. I love the fight between the winner of Ramirez and Taylor against Teofimo. It's a great fight for hardcores like us it just won't bring in a lot of cash.

Dear diary,

today I learned something new.

mma fans come on forums to cry about fighters getting paid too little.

boxing fans come on forums to cry about fighters getting paid too much.

We all should strive in life for as average salary as possible in our career. A man that walks to the boss’s office asking for a raise is by default an enemy of the state.

now this article makes sense(Hemingway was going for the Marx look with that beard)
https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2009/jul/09/hemingway-failed-kgb-spy

I guess this means the fight will be in the States rather than Australia?

Yeah, Bob should have dramatically overpaid for a nothing fight, for the hope that he'll make money down the line... after all, he's gotta have at least another couple years left on the planet.

Be thankful Bob's not blocking Teo from fighting.

Holyfield will face Kevin McBride in an eight-round exhibition match on June 5 in the chief support bout before unified lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez Jr. faces George Kambosos Jr. on Triller pay-per-view.

Holyfield will face Kevin McBride in an eight-round exhibition match on June 5 in the chief support bout before unified lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez Jr. faces George Kambosos Jr. on Triller pay-per-view.

Clown world.

Back