News Triller offers amnesty to anybody who streamed Paul vs. Askren

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Triller has decided to offer amnesty for one month for anyone who illegally streamed the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren event to avoid being added to ongoing litigation in California.

The social media company on Monday issued a press release announcing a website has been opened where individuals who illegally streamed the pay-per-view can pay the $49.99 price tag for the event. In exchange, those individuals’ names will be removed from lawsuit, which seeks a $150,000 penalty from every person who pirated the card.

“VPN firewalls all have to comply and turn over the actual IP addresses of each person who stole the fight in discovery,” Matt St. Claire, Head of Piracy for Triller, said in a statement. “We will be able to identify each and every person, VPN or not, as each stream has a unique fingerprint embedded in the content.

“Triller will pursue the full $150,000 penalty per person per instance for anyone who doesn’t do the right thing and pay before the deadline.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Triller seems adamant to put themselves out of business.

Good thing I watched it on YouTube where only legal things are posted.

How is streaming any different than watching it from the window outside a BWW though?

Honestly, for sure they are full of shit! No way you can catch more than a small fraction of individuals that streamed it and make an example of them. Can you imagine the legwork trying to track down hundreds of thousands of streamers.... possibly millions!!! It would be suck to be one of them however!

Last edited:
Excuse me judge. A friend of mine sent me a link on ICQ or some millennial shit like that, it was a video of gold medalist Oscar de la Hoya talking nonsense. You’re saying this was illegal???? Geee Louieeeee your honor, those computers are the devil !

Isn't it only illegal If you're hosting the stream?

If Thriller isn't totally full of sh*t (like they probably are) I guess we will have to sit back and see what the courts say.
giphy.gif

pbrU.gif

pbrU.gif

Even if they did, do they actually believe they will go door to door for that shit? Especially when it really isn’t illegal at all. Watching a stream is as illegal as watching at your friends house, you get to see what someone else paid for.

I admit I clicked on a stream link but the fight was already over. The idea that I'll be charged for a fight I never actually got to watch I may just commit suicide rather than pay. :oops:

Back