Triumph United Japanese Heatseeker Lace-up Training Glove Review

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
I haven't seen a review on this yet and to be honest I was gonna do one but I've been exhausted from getting some of the boys ready for their fights.

What can I say about these gloves? Have you ever wanted a pair of Winning's but didn't want to shell out the money? Well these gloves are for you. I got 2 pairs of them on sale for $69.99 on Titlemma.com when the original price tag for them retails at $110.00 the Hook and Loops were about $10 bux more. The Winning's are I believe somewhere around the $280.00 range for 16oz. I've used a pair of Winnings 16 oz before and I think that these gloves are a very very good alternative to them, they may not hold up as long in the long run but for the money even on a budget they're a great deal. I'll include pictures of the Triumph's next to the Winnings on a later date.

The appearance of the TU looks identical next to the Winnings with the thumb and wrist padding being the exception. TU has a shorter thumb and the Winnings have a longer thumb. As I said I'm gonna take comparison pictures so you can get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.

2 things, I don't want to really compare the TU with the Winnings in this review because it's gonna start a war in the thread and also I'm not an expert on what's comfortable on people's hands since everyone is different. I'm going by my own experience.

When you put on the TU they feel damn good, the lining is thick and very comfortable the drawback is it doesn't cool the hands at all. I could also be that the hand compartment has no vents to aid in cooling down the hand and help speed up the drying process. These are gloves you will want to air out on a regular basis if you're already not doing that. The hand compartment as I said feels damn good, like how a glove should feel. The padding is nice comfortably hugs your hands. I have the Lace up models so when it's laced up it feels solid with the segmented wrist and thick padding underside the gloves. This glove offers awesome wrist support. The foam bar across the palms allows me to make a nice tight fist and it doesn't feel like your just folding your fingers over. The foam padding is a bit dense but breaks in nice after being used on the bag, mitts, and sparring multiple rounds. I have a few other lace up gloves by Title and the padding was thin and hard, these gloves the padding is thick in front of the knuckles and thumb compartment and has as much padding on the wrist.

The look and design like I said is reminiscent of the Winnings but feel different on. I would go so far as call these an economy Winning glove. The red gloves I ordered first are really great looking gloves, they're aren't extremely bright red and they have some good contrasting colors if that matters to you. The leather also feels durable and soft at the same time. The logo though isn't the best screen printing job I've seen, when I got them new in the box you can see the red under the white Triumph "T" logo and mine actually have a few splotches on them. I think it's minor but some buyers will expect perfection for the money esp. at full price. One thing I found interesting is that these gloves didn't have a tag saying where they were made, They come off as Japanese but I think that has to do more with the design being so close to the Winnings. They could have been designed by a Japanese company like the Fighting Gloves brand claimed to be but I'm willing to bet they were made in India or China.

For guys who dont like to read:
*Thick padding over knuckles
*Durable lining and leather
*Great wrist support/Ability to make a tight fist
*Awesome deal esp. with sale price making them well worth the money
*A real Winning inspired gloves (not like the Fighting Sport gloves also sold by Title)

Overall these gloves are great 9/10 -1 point for lack of air vents and sloppy screen print.

If you guys have any questions ask or if you also have some experiences with the gloves I didn't cover or you don't agree with please post. Thanks all for reading and i hope it helps.

0915091142.jpg

0915091142a.jpg

0915091143a.jpg

0915091143.jpg

0915091143b.jpg

0915091152a.jpg

damn those gloves are sexy!! i love how they look..im so jealous :)

Nice review. Those look great, I'd like to try a pair of hook and loop. Maybe soon.

Can't go wrong with HnL. I believe they are on sale but Im not sure for how long. I think they're a good investment esp at a sale price.

Nice review. Those are good looking gloves. The design, leather, padding, and stitching all looks good. I like the graphics, just enough, but not way overboard. Thanks for the review.

:icon_chee

I Have another pair on the way, this time in black. :) Im hoping to add some comparison pix up by Monday of the TU and Winning side by side.

ive had my eyes on these gloves for a long time... not sure if i should buy these, casanovas or some custom shevlins.....

Mmmmm... I've got a black pair of these waiting in a package I hope to receive tomorrow.

Let us know what you think Mumrik

a black pair thats also lace ups?

Yeah there are only 2 colors of both the lace ups and Hook and Loops. Red and Black. I'll take pictures and update this thread when my other ones come in.

cool..i thought you would get a pair thats HnL to compare to the lace ups but o well i'll leave that to someone else

DAYUM!!! That's a big order. What was shipping like for all that to Denmark?

Don't ask ;-)

No really, it cost me quite a bit, but I had 37lbs of stuff to ship (not just gloves!).
Gloves are unbelievably expensive here. Fairtex and Twins cost around $150 mark, so it can't be anything other than a good deal even if shipping is expensive.

Funny anecdote: My last purchase was a pair of Twins BGVL-3s and after almost two months the leather still smells heavily of elephant/thai cow. The total lack of animal smell in any of the new gloves had me checking to make sure it was real leather :)

These are all my non-MMA related gloves and none of them were purchased here in Denmark. In fact, all but the Twins were bought in the US.
And yes, I do have a bit of a problem. I'm afraid this is becoming more of a collector thing 'cause I don't even use gloves more than a few times a week. I really should stop here... I just really want some Grants:redface:

allgloves.jpg

Back on topic - Clamp is far better qualified to review the Heatseekers than I am, but if there is any need for comparisons between them and any of my other gloves, feel free to ask!

As for the poor man's Winnings comments - I've never touched a pair of Winnings, but I assume they are quite a bit softer than the Heatseekers. I'm not saying the Heatseekers are compact or hard, but they aren't exactly the pillows I've been lead to believe the Winnings are either.
Notice how the Rivals make the Heatseekers look classy? :icon_lol:

great collection man. $150.00 for a pair of gloves is pushing it for me. Well make sure you use the TUs first and let us know what you think of them. I should be getting my other pair this week.

I'll make sure to give the Heatseekers some work. If I get around to posting detailed impressions it probably makes the most sense to just keep posting it in this thread.

I actually had a whole post written up about not quite agreeing with you on the matter of wrist support, but then I wrapped my right hand and tried on the Heatseekers, the Rival RS2s and the Grant Campeon super bag gloves (until today the best wrist support I'd experienced).
I need a lot of support as weak wrists seem to run in my family - my dad gave up gymnastics because of it, my sister had to play basketball with a wrist support and I've had plenty of minor injuries to my wrists. This was what made me look towards boxing gloves after having been very disappointed in the support that the Thai gloves provided.

The wrap made quite a difference. Of the bunch the Heatseekers actually seem to have the best wrist support (something the other two usually get credit for too)! I was quite impressed when I tightened them up properly.

The padding around the wrist and underarm seems very compact and hard, so when the gloves are properly tightened it becomes almost like a soft cast. Your wrist will NOT be bending towards the thumb or the pinky. That axis is locked down very tight. There is still some inwards mobility by which I mean that you can curl your wrist a bit, but there is no way around needing that in the striking arts.

Back