Triumph United Japanese Heatseeker Lace-up Training Glove Review

Sorry, it was already attended to in a full topic, and on here possibly as well.

Its simply a sale, Triumph is coming out with a v2 line but there was something like T*U will sell it themselves while being sold concurrently with the v1s.

Ordered the black pair, won't get them until at least April 15th, yet very excited to receive them.

This thread has convinced me that these are the bag gloves for me, and thanks to the extremely informative side by side comparisons of the hnl and the laces, I've decided to get the laces. I have really tiny wrists and even with hand wraps, I could feel pain in them when punching the bag. (My wrists have a 6 inch circumference, get some measuring tape and wrap it around your wrists for comparison and you'll see how tiny mine are.) I always thought the pain was because the muscles in my wrists were still weak (I've only been doing MT for about 4 months now) but now I'm positive it's because the gloves they provided me with are pure crap! They are loose fitting muay thai gloves plus there was only one size, so they flop around my tiny hands like I'm wearing grocery bags or something! I thought that was simply how gloves are supposed to feel because I had never done martial arts (or any other sports/physical activity) before MT.

I just received the Hayabusa Hybrid MMA Gloves the other day and that dual velcro strap hugged my wrists so comfortably and with so much support, I believe I could go all out on the punching bag with them if I wanted and still not have to worry about hurting my wrists! They are light and I believe the open palm will help with the clinch, so they are more for mitt work. I wanted a dedicated heavy bag glove so I was looking to get the Hayabusa 10 oz bag glove because they use the same strap system, but Clamp has me sold on these Heatseekers!

I do have a question though, titleboxing has the lace up heatseekers at $69.99 on their site and it says they are in stock, but people on this thread keep saying they have to wait until april because they are back ordered.

Ordered the black pair, won't get them until at least April 15th, yet very excited to receive them.

What gives? If they are on back order, I'll get the Hayabusas now and the Heatseekers in april (my birthday is in april so it'll make for a nice gift). Or am I looking at a different site than everyone else?

Triumph*United Japanese Heatseeker Training Gloves - Lace from Title Boxing

The price changed. I can't say what is up with stock though.

I called customer service today at titleboxing and asked about the back order status of the Heatseekers. Apparently they have the Heatseekers in stock for 12oz and 14oz in both red and black. They are back ordered only on the 16oz version of these gloves. I'm gonna put an order in right now for the 14oz black.

I'm curious as to why people want the slightly larger gloves though? I was under the impression that the 16oz and up were better for sparring because they are softer on your partner and that lighter gloves were strictly for bag work.

Aren't these supposed to be bag gloves, or can you use any sized glove for whatever if you wanted to? If I don't have to buy a separate glove for sparring and bag work, I'll just use these for both and save some money, but I don't want to piss off my gym mates by using the wrong type of glove on their face either...

I called customer service today at titleboxing and asked about the back order status of the Heatseekers. Apparently they have the Heatseekers in stock for 12oz and 14oz in both red and black. They are back ordered only on the 16oz version of these gloves. I'm gonna put an order in right now for the 14oz black.

I'm curious as to why people want the slightly larger gloves though? I was under the impression that the 16oz and up were better for sparring because they are softer on your partner and that lighter gloves were strictly for bag work.

Aren't these supposed to be bag gloves, or can you use any sized glove for whatever if you wanted to? If I don't have to buy a separate glove for sparring and bag work, I'll just use these for both and save some money, but I don't want to piss off my gym mates by using the wrong type of glove on their face either...

I use my 14oz TU's for sparring. They are a lot softer than my KOFG's.

A small update on the gloves. They are still in very good condition and are one of my favorite gloves to wear. Round after round of mitts, heavy bags, and sparring the padding has become very soft but still manages to absorb a good amount of shock. I have noticed a few things though.

The lining is thick so it absorbs so much sweat that it will need a lot of time to air out. I train in the morning and at night and noticed that in between each session they just don't dry very fast even if I air them out or stick a glove dog in there. This also leads to another problem. They will smell if you don't stay on top of them esp. the finger compartment. I had to use some heavy duty febreeze type spray in the gloves after I tried every other method to get the smell out. It worked well but I have to spray it at the end of the day and leave it out to air dry so the smell doesn't return. What's funny is that my students and I are very anal about cleaning our gear out to make sure they don't smell and it just happened, even after we put glove dogs and even dryer sheets in there. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with their Heatseekers.

A few minor complaints to an otherwise great pair of gloves. I hope their new versions will have better ventilation and maybe a anti microbial type lining.

A small update on the gloves. They are still in very good condition and are one of my favorite gloves to wear. Round after round of mitts, heavy bags, and sparring the padding has become very soft but still manages to absorb a good amount of shock. I have noticed a few things though.

The lining is thick so it absorbs so much sweat that it will need a lot of time to air out. I train in the morning and at night and noticed that in between each session they just don't dry very fast even if I air them out or stick a glove dog in there. This also leads to another problem. They will smell if you don't stay on top of them esp. the finger compartment. I had to use some heavy duty febreeze type spray in the gloves after I tried every other method to get the smell out. It worked well but I have to spray it at the end of the day and leave it out to air dry so the smell doesn't return. What's funny is that my students and I are very anal about cleaning our gear out to make sure they don't smell and it just happened, even after we put glove dogs and even dryer sheets in there. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with their Heatseekers.

A few minor complaints to an otherwise great pair of gloves. I hope their new versions will have better ventilation and maybe a anti microbial type lining.

^ Try putting baking soda on them... or charcoal to help remove the odor

I guess that is as good an argument as any for having two pairs of training gloves to circulate :)

I don't use them for mitts or the bag, so I haven't really run into anything like that. I also don't train several times a day (such a lazy bastard).

The 12oz. Heatseekers I bought are too small for my hands (the compartment isn't deep enough) so I'll either be selling them or giving them to my girlfriend if she gets off her ass and starts training.
The 12s were noticeably smaller than the 16s on the inside.

funny you pointed this out..... im pretty good at keeping my gear clean... and odorless.... after a few months of using these gloves... the fingertips stank!!!

I've been using my heatseekers for about 3 months now 3-4 times weekly. I always use a glove dog after usage. The only time mine smell "musky" is after leaving my gear bag in the car with this 30 degree weather we have been having around here :(

But I will agree, the ventilation on the gloves could be better, if i used them 2x in a day they are definitely still sweaty

I really need a new pair of bag/pad gloves. I'm currently using Twins 14oz boxing gloves as my sparring gloves and I don't want to use them for bag/pad work. I don't know if I should get these gloves or the Thai Kru or Thai Silencer gloves.

While they are all pretty good choices I'd go with the heatseekers because of the price. Ive been usind these on the bag and they let me hit really hard for the first time without worrying about my knuckles...feels like hitting a pillow. They havent shown any signs of wear in the past couple of months and Ive been going hard with these.

I don't have the Heatseekers, but I had the same problem with my gloves' finger compartment starting to smell. What worked for me was wetting a towel with some soapy water (hand soap or laundry detergent works), wringing out the excess water, and shoving it into the glove all the way to the finger tips. I wiped around in the area as much as I could and it worked, no more funk.

Just an update...

Girlfriend borrowed them for a few rounds of mitt training today... afterwards, she has nothing but good words to say

"Its padding is amazing, it beats any glove I ever tried"

"It molds to your hand right away so you don't have difficulty making a fist"

"Now I understand why you had them shipped"

She is now saving up for her own 12oz heatseekers

Just remember that the 12s have a significantly smaller hand compartment than the 16s. My 12s are actually too small for my hands - should be fine for a woman though.

That was my point :)
The hand compartment in the 12oz version will probably be noticeably smaller but as mentioned, I'm sure it's fine for a woman.

Hey "Clamp",

22,841 views on this thread, and it is still going strong. If this were a Broadway play that ran this long, you would be getting rich off the revenue. :icon_lol:. Good job man!

:icon_chee

Back