Elections Trudeau Minister to Taliban: "Our brothers".

Last edited:
The view is that the starting point has them in an inherently disadvantaged position. There's really little doubt that women have been brutally oppressed since the dawn of humanity with very little in the way of personal autonomy or economic independence. In hunter-gatherer societies and the agrarian civilizations they gave way to, it could be almost no other way. It was only through the unimaginable industrial innovations and revolutions that created the modern world could the very idea of women's equality come into existence nevermind be implemented on a society-wide scale.
I get it. Yet history is something we must learn from, not live in.

With the exception of a few outliers that's not where we're at. There's safeguards in place not to put women's needs on the back burner and I'm on board with that. There's no wage gap, there's no disadvantage, there's no inequality. If anything schools are geared towards estrogen needs vs testosterone ones. That starting point you mentioned hasn't been the case for most of this century.

A minister of equality is what we need, not one geared towards making sure just one segment of the population is guaranteed equality. A minister who's goal is a level playing field for everyone. Not one who approaches equality from a special interest perspective. She's a women's interest minister and that's fine as long as we're honest about it. Equality isn't defined by or dependant on sex, gender, colour, age or anything else. Sooner we realize that the better off we'll be.

I get it. Yet history is something we must learn from, not live in.

With the exception of a few outliers that's not where we're at. There's safeguards in place not to put women's needs on the back burner and I'm on board with that. There's no wage gap, there's no disadvantage, there's no inequality. If anything schools are geared towards estrogen needs vs testosterone ones. That starting point you mentioned hasn't been the case for most of this century.

A minister of equality is what we need, not one geared towards making sure just one segment of the population is guaranteed equality. A minister who's goal is a level playing field for everyone. Not one who approaches equality from a special interest perspective. She's a women's interest minister and that's fine as long as we're honest about it. Equality isn't defined by or dependant on sex, gender, colour, age or anything else. Sooner we realize that the better off we'll be.

I don't know shit about Canada I just go there to hunt and fish (Walleye and pike mainly..I fly in 3x a year at least) but seems just like USA to me. Fully equal with a funny accent.

I don't know shit about Canada I just go there to hunt and fish (Walleye and pike mainly..I fly in 3x a year at least) but seems just like USA to me. Fully equal with a funny accent.
There is inequality. But it's typically contained to new Canadian societies such as the one the woman in the OP comes from, but apparently is cool with as evidenced by her calling caveman her brothers.

Yeah, that's a flippant comment, but we've crested the hill so to speak and those who discriminate are rightly ostracized from society. I mean our himbo in charge is so tolerant that he got upset when female genital mutilation was called barbaric. We mustn't criticize other cultures after all! o_O

And that's how you reach equality boys and girls, by only advocating for it sometimes in some cases. Not.

There is inequality. But it's typically contained to new Canadian societies such as the one the woman in the OP comes from, but apparently is cool with as evidenced by her calling caveman her brothers.

Yeah, that's a flippant comment, but we've crested the hill so to speak and those who discriminate are rightly ostracized from society. I mean our himbo in charge is so tolerant that he got upset when female genital mutilation was called barbaric. We mustn't criticize other cultures after all! o_O

And that's how you reach equality boys and girls, by only advocating for it sometimes in some cases. Not.
Either way i think what the Minster said was behind idiotic. JT's minster statement is not going to help win support for JT and this whole debate on the housing crisis didn't JT and the Liberals have like six, seven years was it? to make some solutions?

Even the renting has gone through the roof in some places.

Thats fuckd up. I'ma an old school liberal MLK type, and these supra rights abridged from democratic law disturb me and will lead to balkanization. If you were around in the 90s wasnt pretty.

Thats fuckd up. I'ma an old school liberal MLK type, and these supra rights abridged from democratic law disturb me and will lead to balkanization. If you were around in the 90s wasnt pretty.
We got to Canada in 84 and I just turned 48.

Change is the only constant in life and we should never rest on our laurels or become complacent. That works for me. But change must be spurred by reason and be fit for purpose. Our government has no idea what that last sentence means and is an aimless mess focused on virtue signaling to empty headed idiots. None of their public personas are of substance and the liberal policy amounts to "we're not the conservatives".

I really gotta stay out of Canadian politics threads as the futility of it all frustrates the fuck out of me.

I understand the consequence of bringing civilized ideas into places like America has resulted in a population that believes everything their lying governments feed to them, however:

I don't know that they did that. I've never been there to see it. I understand Sharia Law, though. I understand that it would be an unbearable paradigm to live under for an unruly spirit, leading to hell on earth. I also know that the Taliban was the legitimate government before the war, based on lies, began. We can't sit here and refuse acknowledge the "Other" while telling them that they must acknowledge the "Other" .

The legitimate government in Afghanistan has reclaimed its position and have said they will implement new civil rights which didn't exist before the war. Only time will show how far those promises will be carried out.
Legitimate????? How about not look at US news. Look at world news. Look at youtube videos from true Afghans....These arent politic

A really stupid thing to say wow lol.

But lmfao at the fake outrage ITT...

Where were all of you when Trump called Kim Jong Un "a great leader". I don't know any great leaders that do the things he does...

So yeah sorry but if this triggers you but that didn't you are a hack and you forfeited the high ground on matters like this long ago
We were all here calling the same bullshit. Only you partisan hacks get blinded by such things.

We were all here calling the same bullshit. Only you partisan hacks get blinded by such things.

What a load of absolute horse shit. At the time Trump was a "great negotiator", "playing 4d Chess", and that we have tds because we're mad that "Trump has a better working relationship with Kim than Obama" Lol they actually said that.

How very dishonest of you to deny this hackery occured, and to pretend like they wouldn't have had the same response had he said something similar about the taliban in replace of this stupid lady. You're better than this.

What a load of absolute horse shit. At the time Trump was a "great negotiator", "playing 4d Chess", and that we have tds because we're mad that "Trump has a better working relationship with Kim than Obama" Lol they actually said that.

How very dishonest of you to deny this hackery occured, and to pretend like they wouldn't have had the same response had he said something similar about the taliban in replace of this stupid lady. You're better than this.

Trudeau Derangement Syndrome

Go look at my post history moron instead of firing from the hip like a hack.

Go look at my post history moron instead of firing from the hip like a hack.

I didn't say you said those things, I said you're dishonest if you're claiming the peanut gallery of Trumpers didn't.

Were you even in the war room with your 2019 account when Trump sucked Kim's dick on stage? I remember their reaction well. It was pathetic then and here you are being pathetic now crying about me calling them out on their blatent hypocrisy and fake as fuck crocodile tears. What a bunch of bullshit lol like you really even care that much some random minister said this, or actually think it is indictive of anything about Canada. You're an idiot if you read into this that much.

Yikes. There’s a difference between recognizing that the Taliban are now the legal rulers of a country and treating them as such in hopes of some diplomatic solutions going forward despite their history,

and then there’s this
She is herself an Afghan so I assume that's why she used that language but yeah the optics here are horrible

HAHAHAHAHA

Sad thing is, Trudope will likely get that majority gov he's looking for

HAHAHAHAHA

Sad thing is, Trudope will likely get that majority gov he's looking for
I hope your wrong. Canada has seen enough of Trud for the past six years. And only now his talking about housing crisis with his usual empty promises? and of course he stays quiet on the renting crisis.

Back