Social Trump positive with the China Virus

meh hong kong flu of '69
woodstock, no social distancing, everything open
including restaurants, schools, movie theaters, bar...
same fatality rate.
'shelter in place' and shutting down the country is a power move by
whichever admin is in control.

Whats the scale? 65 million americans got h1n1.
And less than 13 thousand died. You can try to cherrypick numbers that suit your argument but this is a world-wide pandemic like we haven't seen in a hundred years.

And less than 13 thousand died. You can try to cherrypick numbers that suit your argument but this is a world-wide pandemic like we haven't seen in a hundred years.
I'm not cherry picking anything. I asked you a simple question and mentioned that H1N1 was more widespread by a massive amount.

did that few die because Obama/Biden admin did something to make the virus less deadly? Or was it more...

“Joe Biden's former and current top aid Ron Klain previously said about their response to and handling of the 2009 H1N1 influenza, "A bunch of really great, really talented people were working on it and we did every possible thing wrong. Sixty million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time, and it's just purely a fortuity that this isn't one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck."

https://tucson.com/opinion/letters/...cle_f50434f0-f900-11ea-9908-878cb652ed09.html

I'm not cherry picking anything. I asked you a simple question and mentioned that H1N1 was more widespread by a massive amount.
Over what length of time? How many places instituted the use of masks and social distancing guidelines along with shutdowns?

did that few die because Obama/Biden admin did something to make the virus less deadly? Or was it more...

“Joe Biden's former and current top aid Ron Klain previously said about their response to and handling of the 2009 H1N1 influenza, "A bunch of really great, really talented people were working on it and we did every possible thing wrong. Sixty million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time, and it's just purely a fortuity that this isn't one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck."

https://tucson.com/opinion/letters/...cle_f50434f0-f900-11ea-9908-878cb652ed09.html
Covid 19 is a novel virus that people don't have any immunity to. H1N1 is a type of flu that especially older people have some resistance to.

Covid 19 is a novel virus that people don't have any immunity to. H1N1 is a type of flu that especially older people have some resistance to.

“it had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck”

“it had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck”
Are you trying to compare the incompetence between administrations or do you think covid 19 is no more serious than any other pandemic?

Over what length of time? How many places instituted the use of masks and social distancing guidelines along with shutdowns?

A lot of these guys are still talking about H1N1, as if anybody even knew it was a novel strain for a year while it's deaths were being lumped in with the flu numbers, along with all the other massive distinctions between Covid and that pandemic.

meh hong kong flu of '69
woodstock, no social distancing, everything open

this u old timer? ;)

6TpX.gif

Are you trying to compare the incompetence between administrations or do you think covid 19 is no more serious than any other pandemic?

the former. Biden keeps insisting he would’ve handled it better. Meanwhile the “only” reason millions didn’t die the last time he handled a pandemic was because they “got lucky” after they “did every possible thing wrong” and it just turned out to be less deadly than the Rona after 80 million people were infected. According to Biden’s own aide, Ron Klain.

the former. Biden keeps insisting he would’ve handled it better. Meanwhile the “only” reason millions didn’t die the last time he handled a pandemic was because they “got lucky” after they “did every possible thing wrong” and it just turned out to be less deadly than the Rona after 80 million people were infected. According to Biden’s own aide, Ron Klain.
Out of likes but that wasn't the point I was making. This virus is more contagious and deadly than any we've had since 1918.

Swine flu. Covid 19. SARS.

Bird flu was also a pandemic threat.
Besides Covid obviously, and from what I see only the Swine flu was considered a pandemic, also was less than half as deadly by the most generous of estimates.

Besides Covid obviously, and from what I see only the Swine flu was considered a pandemic, also was less than half as deadly by the most generous of estimates.
You didn't ask me for death rates. You asked about pandemics.

You didn't ask me for death rates. You asked about pandemics.
And you gave me one when the claim they were every few years. I guess if by few you mena 30 to 50, sure.

Back