Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious what Trump supporters think because for years we've heard that Trump has been one of the most peaceful presidents and had a plan to slowly bring troops home. He never truly fulfilled what he said he was going to do but now that Biden is in office a lot of these people are oddly quiet.

I think this is a win for America. The media may bitch about us leaving but the problem was never us leaving, the problems has always been going there in the first place and staying so long. I think no matter what president did this they should deserve some credit but it seems everyone is against Biden on this. Strangely enough, it is the one thing the media finally goes against him on and it is probably the only thing I really like that he's done so far other than child tax credit

I find it odd that I heard the trumpers screaming about blowing money in the middle east and to bring the troops home... now for some odd reason they are losing their minds over the Afghanistan issues.
G4TcKJC.png

I give Biden's handlers credit for not stopping the withdrawal. Biden is useless and possesses zero leadership qualities, but this would have been an ugly disaster no matter who was in office. The only difference is how the media portrays it. The fact that Biden is facing any criticism at all shows how big of a disaster this was.

The war should have ended a long time ago — people have said as much for years (a major part of the shock in America/globally has to do with it becoming a forgotten war). He did it. Under him the pullout was completed. Biden still lied to the American people. Our government was lying; there isn’t a middle ground.

It's funny seeing all these pro-Trump, America first, "let those middle east countries solve their own problems, why we wasting money over there" people suddenly turning into pearl clutching "OMG how could we pull out of poor Afghanistan at a time like this, those poor Afghans, Biden have you no heart?" people.

There’s frustrating aspects of the withdrawal but I’ve yet to hear other solutions to address them. We armed the Afghan army with US gear to stand a chance, but they just couldn’t muster any defense. The other options would have been to stay and keep boots on the ground and American troops dying or leave them with no weapons and never give them any chance. I guess we could have gotten some weapons out ahead of time but it wouldn’t have changed the outcome much.

He gets credit for pulling out as agreed. He gets a red mark for his handling of the final stage.

Back