Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

Oh he fucked it up plenty with his constant undermining and muzzling of public health experts and punting to the states when a robust strategy at the federal level was needed.
I didn't even know any publics health experts were "muzzled" since I heard them all on TV etc etc. Punting it to the states at THAT POINT was the best thing to do. Given how different each is ran. But if THAT ^^^ is the worst you can mention about how Trump handled it than... uuuummm OK. meh.

This is actually how it should have been done. He didn't mention Afhganis because that comes after and it's the job of the Afghan Army to take care of. And he mentioned bombed the bases WITHOUT anyone on them. He could have worded it a little better though.
Shouldn't he have started that process when he made the deal to pull out?
I guess the soldiers could have slept on the side of the road as their bases were being blown up.
What are these bases? Are they bases that the Afghan government was supposed to use in their fight against the taliban?
Why did he have the now president of Afghanistan released from prison along with 5000 taliban POWs?
Why didn’t he have the Afghan government involved when he made the deal with the taliban to withdraw troops?

I didn't even know any publics health experts were "muzzled" since I heard them all on TV etc etc. Punting it to the states at THAT POINT was the best thing to do. Given how different each is ran. But if THAT ^^^ is the worst you can mention about how Trump handled it than... uuuummm OK. meh.
How about calling it a hoax and down playing the seriousness of it despite what we know he said to Bob Woodward about it? How about not taking a firm stance on mask wearing and pushing drugs that were proven to be at best ineffective and dangerous at worst?
Now, I realize you're just going to either act like he didn't do those these things or that none of them were that big of a deal, but your desire to live in MAGA fantasy land doesn't change reality here on earth 1.

I thought trump made the call on bringing home the troops. Regardless. The call to get them out was the right one. It was always going to be messy. But this level of shitstorm could have been avoided.

The hilarity of a draft dodger mocking Generals, pretending that he not only knows better but that his plan would have been flawlessly executed...Trump's narcissism is quite something to witness.

That plan is better than what Biden did.

1. Shouldn't he have started that process when he made the deal to pull out?
2. I guess the soldiers could have slept on the side of the road as their bases were being blown up.
3. What are these bases?
4. Are they bases that the Afghan government was supposed to use in their fight against the taliban?
5. Why did he have the now president of Afghanistan released from prison along with 5000 taliban POWs?
6. Why didn’t he have the Afghan government involved when he made the deal with the taliban to withdraw troops?
1. Trump pulled 90% of the military out of combat zones during 2017 - 2019. One process at a time.
2. I've seen with my own eyes bases closed in RC North Afghanistan. The bases get destroyed as they leave ON THE DAY. And as the last troops leave.
3. Honestly the only bases I knew of that were still open were Kandahar and Bagram. I'm sure there were a few more.
4. Yes, some of those bases were left to the Afghan Army. Which were quickly gifted to the Taliban upon arrival.
5. He exchanged those 5000 POWs for 1000 Afghan civilians (diplomats?) captured.
6. OHH the Afghan government was involved. Just because they didn't have their asses sitting down face to face doesn't mean they weren't involved. They just might not have negotiated THAT day.

How about calling it a hoax and down playing the seriousness of it despite what we know he said to Bob Woodward about it? How about not taking a firm stance on mask wearing and pushing drugs that were proven to be at best ineffective and dangerous at worst?
Now, I realize you're just going to either act like he didn't do those these things or that none of them were that big of a deal, but your desire to live in MAGA fantasy land doesn't change reality here on earth 1.
Not living any "fantasy". Him downplaying it was at the beginning when NO ONE really knew what we were dealing with and Fauci was lying about masks. Again, Trump did as good as any other president could have done. Either way. The curve was flattening in mid-2020 until certain people decided to loot, murder, and burn the country down while SPITTING on each other.

You want us to give credit to a guy who’s done a piss poor job?

I'm no Trump supporter.

And while the withdrawal seems a shit show from what I've read, the result was always going to be a dumpster fire. Ripping the band-aid off and making moves is better than paralyzation via indecision.

But you gotta take care of the Afghans who stuck their necks out and helped the troops. They've earned it and the US owes them.

The bitterness of the Trump supporters that Biden actually did what they wanted Trump to do is pretty funny. Simply grabbing at straws to find any kind of criticism they can. The shitshow that was 2020 for them just keeps on rolling.

What's even funnier is their initial support of the troops removal from Afghanistan was simply based on the fake premise they are anti-war.

The bitterness of the Trump supporters that Biden actually did what they wanted Trump to do is pretty funny. Simply grabbing at straws to find any kind of criticism they can. The shitshow that was 2020 for them just keeps on rolling.

What's even funnier is their initial support of the troops removal from Afghanistan was simply based on the fake premise they are anti-war.

Well, I guess you didn't hear that 5k troops are back in. And he's extending the actual complete withdrawal.

Anyway, it's not rocket science. Get our people and those that helped us out. And hand over the drones or we will carpet bomb your ass. Then see ya later, it's your country

Ain’t the world just so fucked right now? I’m glad we are out of Afghanistan and I don’t think it can ever be a clean leave, but death is death and this is awful and this probably could’ve been done a better way.
But I’m also not a trump supporter so who know how partisan hacks will act

The hilarity of a draft dodger mocking Generals, pretending that he not only knows better but that his plan would have been flawlessly executed...Trump's narcissism is quite something to witness.

Many of your generals are idiots, evidentally.
The current US military brings to mind the phrase "lions led by donkeys".

I recently heard an interesting theory that a part of the reason this was such a mess is because the US is running low on Hellfire Missiles because they've shifted production over to the longer range missiles they'd need in the Pacific.
I did wonder if this hurried withdrawal was a maybe a partial result of the need to focus on China.

No legitimate source, but something worth thinking about. Your dicking around in the desert for decades has left you woefully ill-prepared for real conflict.

I think the majority of people think that pulling out of Afghanistan is correct but the only problem here is the execution. To argue that there was no way to exit in a better manner is absurd. The fact that they left so much equipment for the Taliban to use is laughable.

Many of your generals are idiots, evidentally.
The current US military brings to mind the phrase "lions led by donkeys".

You can make that claim...I'm in no position to support or refute it...but it still does not follow that Trump knows better than they do or that it is right for him to mock them.

"Grabbing any straw"? Are you serious? Basically every single foreign and military advisor said this was a shit tier plan that would result in catastrophe.

I can't speak for every single post in the thread or criticism of Biden, but the vast majority of people aren't arguing that troops should have stayed, but that the plan for exit was such a shocking failure that it defies explanation. I can only assume you're ignorant of both what happened as well as how easily it could have been avoided.

Pulling out the military first makes zero sense by any informed opinion. The result is chaos, and a terrorist power has become exponentially stronger not just because of the vacuum the exit created, but because of the untold amount of military equipment that has been practically handed to the Taliban. We're not talking about simply weapons and arms, but vehicles as well. All US Military property that is now in the hands of the taliban. They're probably combing through the computer network of the US Embassy as we speak. It's not the CIA, but it's certainly not an institution that holds information that I'd like to see handed over to the Taliban, which is exactly what Biden has done.

This isn't even counting the human cost. Reportedly there are currently murder squads going door to door to families known to be christian or US allies and killing the men, raping the women and kidnapping the children. It's been reported that father's are giving their children guns and telling them to kill themselves if the Taliban shows up.

You call criticizing this "grabbing at straws"? You think pointing a finger and lambasting this utter screw up of epic proportions "funny"? What the fuck is the matter with you? You're putting political ideology above anything else, even something as horrific as this. This will go down as one of the absolutely biggest blunders in presidential history and you're sitting here going "lol trump supporters".

That has nothing to do with my post, which was about Trump mocking 'woke Generals'...but ok!

It's a direct refutation if you're lambasting Trump as "pretending he knows better", when based on that post alone he in fact does know better.

It's not hard to know better than Biden that his strategy was destined to be an abysmal failure.

Back