Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

It's a direct refutation if you're lambasting Trump as "pretending he knows better", when based on that post alone he in fact does know better.

It's not hard to know better than Biden that his strategy was destined to be an abysmal failure.

Where did I talk about Biden in my post? I criticized Trump for mocking THE GENERALS and pretending to know better.

If you want to believe that Trump would have overseen a flawless withdrawal with no mess, I think that is borderline delusional. Per my other posts in these recent threads, I've also said that I believe this is not a Trump vs. Biden issue, because it was likely to be a relative shit show no matter who was in office when it finally happened.

I'm just skeptical man, that's all. For years I've heard how Trump was the most peaceful president we've ever had and it came from a lot of right-wingers on this site. He didn't have the balls to pull us out and now Biden did and he deserves credit for that just as Trump would have if he did it. I think this truly is just more partisan bullshit.

I actually voted for Trump when he ran against Hilary but it only took about a year for me to wake up and realize I've been duped. No health reform, no infrastructure bill, no ending wars.

The thing is, we've heard all these talking points before about staying there longer. It always ends as an excuse to justify staying there for years and years. Eventually someone needs to bite the bullet and get us the fuck out because it is a mess that is never going to be solved.
I hear you. I’m not saying Trump had some amazing plan or that he’d 100% have done it all right. I just think this was done poorly and the vacations that occurred right when the pullout happened are highly suspicious.

Where did I talk about Biden in my post? I criticized Trump for mocking THE GENERALS and pretending to know better.

If you want to believe that Trump would have overseen a flawless withdrawal with no mess, I think that is borderline delusional. Per my other posts in these recent threads, I've also said that I believe this is not a Trump vs. Biden issue, because it was likely to be a relative shit show no matter who was in office when it finally happened.

This wasn't the plan of the generals, it was Bidens plan.

You don't have to be flawless to be better. Everything Trump said in that quote is accurate and you're pretending it isnt for some reason.

Even in 2017 or so Trump said his instincts were to get out, but you had to do it right or there'd be terrible consequences. We're seeing those now and even Drumpf saw it coming, which puts him a leg up on Biden on this mess eve 4 years ago.

"Grabbing any straw"? Are you serious? Basically every single foreign and military advisor said this was a shit tier plan that would result in catastrophe.

I can't speak for every single post in the thread or criticism of Biden, but the vast majority of people aren't arguing that troops should have stayed, but that the plan for exit was such a shocking failure that it defies explanation. I can only assume you're ignorant of both what happened as well as how easily it could have been avoided.

Pulling out the military first makes zero sense by any informed opinion. The result is chaos, and a terrorist power has become exponentially stronger not just because of the vacuum the exit created, but because of the untold amount of military equipment that has been practically handed to the Taliban. We're not talking about simply weapons and arms, but vehicles as well. All US Military property that is now in the hands of the taliban. They're probably combing through the computer network of the US Embassy as we speak. It's not the CIA, but it's certainly not an institution that holds information that I'd like to see handed over to the Taliban, which is exactly what Biden has done.

This isn't even counting the human cost. Reportedly there are currently murder squads going door to door to families known to be christian or US allies and killing the men, raping the women and kidnapping the children. It's been reported that father's are giving their children guns and telling them to kill themselves if the Taliban shows up.

You call criticizing this "grabbing at straws"? You think pointing a finger and lambasting this utter screw up of epic proportions "funny"? What the fuck is the matter with you? You're putting political ideology above anything else, even something as horrific as this. This will go down as one of the absolutely biggest blunders in presidential history and you're sitting here going "lol trump supporters".
Biggest blunder in US Presidential History? Sounds objective. So arming the Taliban in the 80's wasn't worse? This wasn't worse

You don't think the reason why we haven't left in 20 years is because the place wasn't going to become an absolute shitshow and nobody wanted that on their watch?

Biggest blunder in US Presidential History? Sounds objective. So arming the Taliban in the 80's wasn't worse? This wasn't worse

You don't think the reason why we haven't left in 20 years is because the place wasn't going to become an absolute shitshow and nobody wanted that on their watch?

"One of" the biggest blunders. I'm not surprised you'd be so dishonest with your response though. You've ignored the majority of what I said to reduce my post to a stance I didn't have and an argument I didn't make. All the while addressing none of what I brought up.

As has already been said countless times. Withdrawing isnt the issue. It's how it was done. You have to completely ignorant not to see that.

But based in this response all of your arguments are probably going to be more reductionist nonsense and fallacious comparisons. I'd just be punching down from here on out. Good day.

"One of" the biggest blunders. I'm not surprised you'd be so dishonest with your response though. You've ignored the majority of what I said to reduce my post to a stance I didn't have and an argument I didn't make. All the while addressing none of what I brought up.

As has already been said countless times. Withdrawing isnt the issue. It's how it was done. You have to completely ignorant not to see that.

But based in this response all of your arguments are probably going to be more reductionist nonsense and fallacious comparisons. I'd just be punching down from here on out. Good day.
What do you expect would've been a better result. What do you think is best case scenario?

What do you expect would've been a better result. What do you think is best case scenario?

Evacuate citizens, foreign nationals and allies first, then equipment and intel next, then soldiers.

What Biden did was soldiers first, which left intel and equipment vulnerable, and now in the hands of the taliban, and left citizens and allies, which is why people are dying and many more will die. This means the Biden admin did this exactly the OPPOSITE of what they should have done.

Trumps post about bombing the facilities after leaving would be even better.

But Bidens colossal failure goes far beyond that. Number one, you don't announce to the world when the withdrawal date is so that the Taliban can plan ahead.

I didn't know this until recently, but apparently Afghanis have a fighting season, which means between October and April they very rarely engage in any hostilities. Largely due to the harsh cold and poor transportation opportunities to move people and equipment.

So that means that literally Biden could have waited two months and it's likely there would have been zero hostilities. At least immediately, which means even more time to do things properly.

Can you tell me how why that isn't a far better idea?

Now we have a death rate that will climb, weapons, vehicles and possible Intel in the hands of a terrorist group and God knows how much more aggression now that said group has been armed with a billion dollars of American military equipment. How is that not mind boggling, inept failure of a withdrawal?

Eh, the fact that Taliban took it back literally instantly makes it a wash

glad we’re finally out tho
Would a 3 month delay have been preferable? The Afghans wanted the Taliban in power, period.

Would a 3 month delay have been preferable? The Afghans wanted the Taliban in power, period.

Yeah. wouldn't have seen the chaos and death at the airport that we're seeing now. Also could have made sure to get all the vulnerable Afghan citizens (translators, prominent women who pushed girls in schools, anyone else like that) who helped the US during our time there out. With the immediate collapse, I think a lot of people that helped the US will be left to be executed/horribly imprisoned by the Taliban.

I agree with you tho. Taliban re-taking Afghanistan quickly was a foregone conclusion wether we left 5-10 years ago, now, or 20 more years in the future.

Biden in his interview said they expected the Taliban to re-take the capitol not until the end of the year. So this super rush was definitely not planned for properly.

Bunker Biden gets all the credit for making a crap show out of it. If his former commander in chief Obama said live it to Biden to fuck it up then there should be no surprise

not a trump or biden supporter, but here's my take.

I'm glad we're leaving that mess, but it obviously was not executed well for political reasons, which sucks.

I give Biden credit for doing what he was told and just pulling the bandage off, but I feel like Trump would have done a better job of handling the situation by putting American lives over politics.

I do agree with Biden in that there really was no way to do this without it becoming chaos.

OH there would have been a couple small hiccups with CNN and MSNBC shining extended coverage on it. But this???? There's no way it could have been worse. I can also tell you've never set foot in Afghanistan.

Evacuate citizens, foreign nationals and allies first, then equipment and intel next, then soldiers.

What Biden did was soldiers first, which left intel and equipment vulnerable, and now in the hands of the taliban, and left citizens and allies, which is why people are dying and many more will die. This means the Biden admin did this exactly the OPPOSITE of what they should have done.

Trumps post about bombing the facilities after leaving would be even better.

But Bidens colossal failure goes far beyond that. Number one, you don't announce to the world when the withdrawal date is so that the Taliban can plan ahead.

I didn't know this until recently, but apparently Afghanis have a fighting season, which means between October and April they very rarely engage in any hostilities. Largely due to the harsh cold and poor transportation opportunities to move people and equipment.

So that means that literally Biden could have waited two months and it's likely there would have been zero hostilities. At least immediately, which means even more time to do things properly.

Can you tell me how why that isn't a far better idea?

Now we have a death rate that will climb, weapons, vehicles and possible Intel in the hands of a terrorist group and God knows how much more aggression now that said group has been armed with a billion dollars of American military equipment. How is that not mind boggling, inept failure of a withdrawal?
What is your background? Who have you talked to about this stuff? Because you are pretty darn accurate to reality. Which is hard to find sometimes on this forum.

Bunker Biden gets all the credit for making a crap show out of it. If his former commander in chief Obama said live it to Biden to fuck it up then there should be no surprise
Come on dude, we gotta stop with the "bunker" (insert president's last name") stuff. Just because these presidents aren't on the front line with a riot shield or an M4 doesn't mean they are not involved.

I (nor anyone) is impressed with Biden's current debacle though. Even CNN is tripping over themselves and creating slight deflections.

What is your background? Who have you talked to about this stuff? Because you are pretty darn accurate to reality. Which is hard to find sometimes on this forum.
It's common sense, and has been mentioned by others, that you first evacuate civilians then troops, because you need the troops to hold the fort while civilians make it out.

Old news report.

Bin Laden: Kill Obama to Make Biden President
Letter says Biden 'unprepared for post,' would 'lead the U.S. into crisis.'

- In a May 2010 letter , Osama Bin Laden talks about wanting to kill Obama when he visited Afghanistan, so that Biden would be president.

- Bin Laden wanted Biden as president , believing Biden was unprepared to be President so would plunge the US into a crisis.

- Bin Laden also wanted to kill Gen David Petraeus

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-letters-al-qaeda-leader-frustrated/story?id=16268578

The type of person who doesn't want to be taken over by a mob, and not take off at all.

I don't think all the people on the side took off with it though. Most probably had the wits to let go, outside of the few that didn't and fell to their deaths.

These were the same people that were loading into the plane, it just got full. No?

Back