Elections TRUMP vs BIDEN: 1st Debate Thread

Who won the Debate?

• Total voters
Your exact message said: "Koch brother."

You never wrote anything about "the 2 Koch brothers that are CRIMINALS and douchebags."

Furthermore, anything is possible. Maybe Charles Koch and William Koch have done more crimes than you think that they have. Maybe the ENTIRE FAMILY has done more crimes than you think that they have.

If you ask the fans of the TV series that's called Gotham, they might tell you that Jeremiah Valeska had done even more crimes than Jerome Valeska did.

latest

1*GtUFeqDxDExYHt_uREAEkg.jpeg

Tony Ferguson is also The Boogeyman.

lol dork.

I don’t think the other two were even involved in Koch industries to any meaningful extent.

we know what you meant. You weren’t talking about the art guy. Just stop.

Going thru the questions
Trump had a better answer for Supreme Court issue

Trump had terrible answers about covid and everyone knows he doesn't have a comprehensive health
plan.

Biden had better answers on climate change but Trump may have muddied the water enough for some people to think Biden supports AOC plan

Trump's attack on Hunter Biden backfired. His base probably loved it but he came off like an asshole to suburban women.

If Trump wasn't so terrible Biden's non-answer about packing the courts could have been talking point for Trump.

Climate change - Biden won that issue

Taxes - could go either way.

Divisiveness - Trump lost big. The proud boy comment was the biggest screw up by Trump.

Election Integrity - Biden won that big to anyone outside Trump's base.

I doubt the debate will change many people's minds. Anyone paying attention already has decided who they will vote for. The few who haven't aren't interested and didn't watch the debate.

The debate could have allowed a small amount of people who want to vote for Trump a reason to justify their vote if Biden did come off as suffering from dementia but Biden did have any major hiccups.

I would guess at the end of the last election that some of the undecided voters split to Trump with Comey saying Hillary was being investigated right before the election, she was hated by so many and really is unlikable, and Trump was the new guy who was a successful businessman may who could shake things up.

I see more splitting to Biden this time. Biden isn't Hillary. Biden's big thing is that he is he is a decent guy and and will bring back normality. A lot of people have Trump fatigue and he is not the outsider now. And now see he isn't the great businessman he pretends to be. A lot of people who voted for him last time probably won't show up to vote this time.

Lol moderators had nothing to do with the fact that they both gave horrible answers.... The typical sherdogger would have defeated either of them in a debate assuming they can speak as well as they write.
But wouldn't you rather judge them on their uninterrupted answer to unscripted questions?

The only reason I can think Trump could come up with the strategy he did to try to dominate and constantly interrupt like he did was to try to fluster Biden so his campaign could get a clip of Biden looking confused and senile and not able to handle being president. It didn't work and backfired.

It didn't backfire. The whole thing was a dumpster fire, and neither man changed any minds.

However, the strategy was to take over the room and get his points across. It wasn't elegant, but he did that. It was not unlike his strategy in 2016, in which he was also viewed as the "loser" in those debates.

The "good people on both sides" quote. Its an incomplete quote taken out of context.

LOL This is such a lame argument.

The Unite The Right people, whether they were overtly affiliated with white supremacists groups or not, were a bunch of assholes who decided to stage a massive rally in a town most of them didn't live in to protest a local decision to remove a Confederate monument.

The entire counter protest on the Saturday was provoked by the tiki torch march where the UTR people went around antagonizing locals in downtown Charlottesville and on the campus of UVA.

Frankly, I find it mind-boggling that anybody who condemns BLM can defend anybody who showed up to Charlottesville to participate in that event.

Last edited:
It didn't backfire. The whole thing was a dumpster fire, and neither man changed any minds.

However, the strategy was to take over the room and get his points across. It wasn't elegant, but he did that. It was not unlike his strategy in 2016, in which he was also viewed as the "loser" in those debates.

A lot of Trump supporters were banking on the hope that Biden would be too senile to be able to stand up to him and look weak by comparison. That didn't happen.

I agree about Trump not actually losing the 2016 debates though. If anything, he won the election by killing Clinton on NAFTA in the first debate.

But wouldn't you rather judge them on their uninterrupted answer to unscripted questions?
Sure let the moderator ask the question and the opponents mic is muted until it's his time to respond. But Trump doesn't want that type of debate.

A lot of Trump supporters were banking on the hope that Biden would be too senile to be able to stand up to him and look weak by comparison. That didn't happen.

I don't think Trump gave him any time to really get twisted. That was probably Trump's biggest flaw. When Trump let him speak for more than five seconds, he tripped a bit. The whole "mic cut" thing that they're proposing, might not work in Joe's favor. I think Trump constantly giving him something immediate to respond to, worked in Joe's favor. It let Joe just respond in quips, rather than outlining any of his points in detail.

I agree about Trump not actually losing the 2016 debates though. If anything, he won the election by killing Clinton on NAFTA in the first debate.

I don't think he did anything too special, and looked like he was winging it. Traditionally speaking, I think he lost those debates. I just don't think many cared for the "traditional" approach at the time. Hillary was all "blah, blah, blah" politician speak, while Trump was doing a roast that connected with people.

did trump win yet?

I'm still waiting on the votes to tally. and I hope those moderators aren't fucking around with the numbers. or do we need pole watch groups in effect?

Biden tells it like it is. he doesn't give a fuck about PC culture.

you dumb bastards just don't understand

I don't think Trump gave him any time to really get twisted. That was probably Trump's biggest flaw. When Trump let him speak for more than five seconds, he tripped a bit. The whole "mic cut" thing that they're proposing, might not work in Joe's favor. I think Trump constantly giving him something immediate to respond to, worked in Joe's favor. It let Joe just respond in quips, rather than outlining any of his points in detail.

Yep, the more Biden talks and the more detailed answers that he has to give, the worse he'll look.

The only thing that people actually liked out his performance was him ribbing Trump and telling Trump to shut up.

I don't think he did anything too special, and looked like he was winging it. Traditionally speaking, I think he lost those debates. I just don't think many cared for the "traditional" approach at the time. Hillary was all "blah, blah, blah" politician speak, while Trump was doing a roast that connected with people.

He absolutely crushed the first ten minutes in the first debate when he hit Hillary on NAFTA, and she couldn't respond because it was all true.

He also ended up getting five million Obama voters to pull the lever for him in the Rust Belt after the fact.

I don't even remember anything from the rest of those debates, but I remember the NAFTA stuff vividly.

He absolutely crushed the first ten minutes in the first debate when he hit Hillary on NAFTA, and she couldn't respond because it was all true.

I don't even remember anything from the rest of those debates, but I remember the NAFTA stuff vividly.

I remember one debate(might've been the third), where he came out seemingly prepared, and hammered home some good points in a very politician like manner. That was it though. After that, it was just a mudslinging contest. SNL actually had a pretty good skit on it(one of there very few), where Trump laid out his points, and the moderator had to remind him that there was still something like 84 minutes left.

I'm not taking a dig at him, either. Whatever works for him, is all that matters. Just saying that viewing the "victors" of these things, rarely comes down to droning on and on about policy. People want to be entertained. Reagan once won a debate with one joke.

Trump was defensive but he did actually answer questions.

Biden spewed generic replies and he looked and behaved very strange like a robot or something, pupils pure black. He didn’t answer shit.

It’s also believed he was wearing a wire and Trump knew that’s why he kept talking over him to prevent him from hearing thru the wire.

Rumored also to be wearing lenses with scripts to recite. Dude kept looking like he was reading off a tv or something...must be that adrenochrome.

Holy...<TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1>

I knew and saw the wire but didn't consider that Trump's talking over him wasn't just him getting under Joe's skin. That is actually very plausible.

Trump should definitely have been more respectful of the rules. What he did early looked ugly, and I believe both that Trump would have been able to better make his points and Joe would have made more mistakes for Donald to capitalise on if Trump had listened when Biden was speaking.

From the outside, it seems like many in the US are tired of all the yelling and histrionics. Trump’s base may love his bluster but he won’t win new voters over carrying on like that. He should take it easier in future debates.

But since Biden wore a wire, what if Trump purposely talked over him to fluster him and prevent Biden from hearing the instructions given to him by his Democrap cohorts?

Maybe that's why they don't want any more debates....because Trump is on to them regarding the wire.

Back