TU Bushido gloves

Death adders lace up for sure as well as Top Boxer.
The problem is I’ve been checking Triumph United’s website for the last month or so, and they only have the Death Adder’s in Velcro. I’m not totally opposed to Velcro but I’d rather have the lace-ups. Do you know how often they update their inventory? I guess I could try just emailing them.

The problem is I’ve been checking Triumph United’s website for the last month or so, and they only have the Death Adder’s in Velcro. I’m not totally opposed to Velcro but I’d rather have the lace-ups. Do you know how often they update their inventory? I guess I could try just emailing them.

I know. They only have velcro and its been like that for a while. Dont know if they will have some more. TU have a tendency to discontinue models after a while. That type on elastic velcro strap sucks ass imo.

I know. They only have velcro and its been like that for a while. Dont know if they will have some more. TU have a tendency to discontinue models after a while. That type on elastic velcro strap sucks ass imo.
That was actually going to be my next question...whether the Velcro strap was elastic or not. It looked like it from the pictures but I couldn’t tell for sure. I hate elastic Velcro...the only Velcro gloves that I really like are Cleto Reyes and Boxeo.

I got the lace and Velcro version of these gloves in red. Loving both so far. I like how T*U releases good products on a budget. I'd agree these aren't Winning clones per se, but have a spongey feel to them. But Winning gloves aren't my personal metric for top tier as I feel that is a shared position. I've never had Reyes safetecs so can't compare.

As of now I have the Death Adders as superior, but the Bushido wasn't released as a successor to them, but rather the Death Star gloves which debuted at the same price range, the Death Adders were originally $110 or so. Theres no Death Adder update right now, so their highend glove is the muay Thai glove they have.

What I like about the hook n loop version this time around is they dropped the elastic strap that has plagued the brand in the past. It was the major downside to the Heatseeker 2 hook n loops. Also, both the laces and the hook n loop landed at 16 on the dot. For me, the glove weight being accurate matters.

The colors look great, I don't have any red gloves so these are a nice contrast. it's my favorite gloves in the price range, which is sort of unique in itself. Anyway, unless these explode on my hands these will be my main sparring gloves after my Heatseeker 2's and Death Adders bite the dust.

This glove is for someone that wants a performance glove at a good budget, something they can throw in the bag and not worry about. It's in the price range where it's easy to replace. Also, these would be good for sparring imo, what I call 'friendly' gloves. I guess you could use them on bag and mitts.

these gloves from what I can tell are 100% leather as advertised. They have a great out of the box leather smell to them.

Edit: these are apparently a remake of the Japanese Heatseeker 2 gloves according to T*U owner Hans. The padding does feel similar, but Im not sure about much else yet since my OG Heatseeker 2's are years are years old and my Bushido gloves are barely broken in. From what I can feel there is one noticable difference in padding; the Bushido gloves use only layered foam where as the OGs have a little fiber fill over the knuckles.

Last edited:
Saw someone ask Hans if he was designing a Bushido headgear and he said he was.

Hans posted a picture of him wearing the new lace up Death Adders that with drop soon.

Quick edit to my previous post about the Bushido gloves: after breaking them in, I would say they lean more towards the punchers glove side, but def still good for sparring. They are definitely less friendly than my Heatseeker 2s. For my current training situation this is actually better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-045448.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-045448.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back