TUF 23 finale - JJ vs gadelha II - Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know.
She looked dominant and she won by striking with Ag. Aguilar was coming into her own in the second and third and IIRC she was chewing up her lead leg. May have even won if it werent for her "octagon" jitters as she claimed she had in the first round.

I don't think jitters had anything to do with it. She dominated her in every aspect, every round. Even with the legkicks in the 3rd, JAG got outstruck, takendown, and all of her takedowns were stuffed. I wouldn't discount CGs wrestling in that bout either, she had 4 Big takedowns (4/4) and took her back.

Her gas tank is the biggest issue, but I like the things I have read on social media about her slimming down. If JJ doesn't land that flurry last 13 seconds of the 1st round then CG wins the fight imo. Right now I think the value is on Claudia @+170 and dropping. Especially with the ability to hedge live like EZ said.

My leans for the Choi/Tavares and Mathews/Lee fight are astronomically strong. Praying we get lines sooner than the week of the events like it has been for the past few so we can have safe discussions.

Yeah if odds are right one of these might end up as one of my bigger plays of the year. But I think I'm not gonna get what I'm hoping. Probably not even close.

Yeah if odds are right one of these might end up as one of my bigger plays of the year. But I think I'm not gonna get what I'm hoping. Probably not even close.
I have a good feeling we are talking about the same guy, and I agree we won't get a line even close to what would be needed for a massive play

I don't think jitters had anything to do with it. She dominated her in every aspect, every round. Even with the legkicks in the 3rd, JAG got outstruck, takendown, and all of her takedowns were stuffed. I wouldn't discount CGs wrestling in that bout either, she had 4 Big takedowns (4/4) and took her back.

Her gas tank is the biggest issue, but I like the things I have read on social media about her slimming down. If JJ doesn't land that flurry last 13 seconds of the 1st round then CG wins the fight imo. Right now I think the value is on Claudia @+170 and dropping. Especially with the ability to hedge live like EZ said.
JAG is one of my favorite female fighters, although I have no idea why.

She legit hasn't evolved her skills in a long time. She has always relied on her wrestling to get her out of trouble, and her boxing is still average and she lacks power.

Claudia was the better wrestler, boxer, BJJ fighter, and had more power & movement + speed. It was a one sided fight, even though my bankroll was rooting for JAG to win.

I have a good feeling we are talking about the same guy, and I agree we won't get a line even close to what would be needed for a massive play

If we're all talking about the same guy, I'm with you guys 100%. Let us pray we get a decent line

Gadelha was huge compared to Aguilar. Gadelha looked extra saucy in that fight, if you know what I mean. Lots of fighters who train in Brazil still looking saucy despite USADA.

The first JJ-Gadelha fight was weird. Gadelha dominated the entire thing except for the last part of the 1st round, when she got knocked down. Highly questionable decision.

If we're all talking about the same guy, I'm with you guys 100%. Let us pray we get a decent line

Scared to ask which guys let alone post more thoughts lol

Anyhow plenty of time for that !

I too felt claudia won that first fight, its interesting to hear she stayed more slimmer and fitter for her bout against jag could explain her performance but like said above could have been that Brazilian juice.

I still reckon jj edges this and those deep championship rounds will matter most, but yeah claudio decision prop as a hedge a good idea.

Rewatched cg Jj one

Best part after the head butt it

Goldberg: that's a nice gash

Rogan: probably should say that in women's fight

It was one of those ackward fights like Alvarez pettis where the person with their head in the crotch vs the person that is doing damage in 30 second spurts

I feel the judges lately have been awarding the strikers more in these situations.

And I feel Jj has probably improved her tdd and footwork enough to really let her edge in striking shine over the course of five rounds. Maybe even get a late stoppage

Gray Maynard at 145....jeez.

Edit: I actually think Gray, if he makes the cut well enough, has his way with this guy.

Last edited:
I will be a very happy man if 5d drops lines for this card tomorrow.

JJ's odds slowing creeping up, -140 now.

Am still feeling Claudia may edge 2 rounds here and jj will take over imo especially in those championship rounds.

Having said that claudia is an excellent dog, looked trim and keeping her weight and mindset in check on the tuf season, she is saving everything to take that W back and jjs belt. I expect the line to flip flop back and forth on that fight so perfect for live betting, just have to pick the right winner !

So over the 1st 2 events we have 5 fights featuring guys from TUF Brazil 4. Silva, Bruno, Lopes, Viera, and Nicolau.

Taking a look at Silva vs Holbrook right now. Does anyone think Silva can keep the fight standing? Holbrook looked pretty green on the feet vs Nijem

So over the 1st 2 events we have 5 fights featuring guys from TUF Brazil 4. Silva, Bruno, Lopes, Viera, and Nicolau.

Taking a look at Silva vs Holbrook right now. Does anyone think Silva can keep the fight standing? Holbrook looked pretty green on the feet vs Nijem
Events are so close, and still need to refresh my memory on some of these guys. Don't remember Silva's fights on the show at all. He did well vs Malegarie from what I remember, and Holbrooks wrestling looked like a good scrambler but not a good wrestler from what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back