TUF 24 Finale - Mighty Mouse vs Elliot - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall doesn't even need wrestling anyway. He's one of the best 50/50 BJJers I've ever seen. He'll go for a leglock, force you to defend the just dive on you and take your back effortlessly.

Bruno is not a wrestler, he's a pure judoka. The actual single leg he took Maynard down with multiple times was pathetic. Hall could easily do the same. Bruno also arguably has the worst striking in the UFC and outstruck Gray. I'm not being hyperbolic here either, just rewatch the fight. Bruno has never stopped anyone with strikes and wobbled Gray with these horrible, telegraphed slaps. Then they both gassed horribly after a round.

I don't need to pray for a scramble, Bruno took Gray's back easily ffs. You can't say Gray has great wrestling anymore, he got taken down easily by a bum multiple times and could only impose his own when Bruno was that gassed that he just gave up.
Maybe having a Judo background helps him with cage hugging, but his one redeeming quality is how he is pretty damn good as getting the hug on and wrestling.

How can Hall do the same? Have you ever even seen Hall wrestle? Cause for all the shit you're giving Bruno, I can show you a handful of fights against pretty good competition where he was able to enforce a wrestling/grappling strategy.

Yeah Maynard's defense is shot, but can Hall take advantage of that? Prob not. At least Gray still showed poise when Bruno went at him like a madman.

You can't say Hall has wrestling period lol. Not sure how I got dragged into debating this fight when I stand by what I originally said. Picking a side is nothing more than a gamble. Clear example of a fight where searching for value and betting that alone is what you're best off doing. Too many question marks and too weird a fight.

I was referring to the way that John Morgan was egging him on, saying that Maynard's last performance was "impressive", and then Maynard saying he wants to get a title shot.
Well thats no surprise. Anyone in the game with any sort of mental strength is going to have their eye on the title.

Someone tell me how Ryan Hall wins besides subbing Maynard with some sort of leg lock? Saul Rogers shut down Halls grappling easily on TUF. Hall seems very unathletic and physically weak. Maynard has no chin and is shot but this seems like a very winnable fight for him.

Maynard will probably force him to strike. I see Hall rolling for a lot of leglocks, can't see him completing TD's on Maynard though. Striking has got to go to Maynard. And since Saul Rogers was able to lay and pray then maybe Maynard can too.
Whats going on with that Saul Rogers dude is he in ufc now or what

Before I was moving around training camps and it didn't play off (AKA, powermma), so I took control and these last two camps in Vegas, I started here, brought in BJJ heel hook guys, It's not quantity, it's quality, my body is still good, it's a dream job

Maybe having a Judo background helps him with cage hugging, but his one redeeming quality is how he is pretty damn good as getting the hug on and wrestling.

How can Hall do the same? Have you ever even seen Hall wrestle? Cause for all the shit you're giving Bruno, I can show you a handful of fights against pretty good competition where he was able to enforce a wrestling/grappling strategy.

Yeah Maynard's defense is shot, but can Hall take advantage of that? Prob not. At least Gray still showed poise when Bruno went at him like a madman.

You can't say Hall has wrestling period lol. Not sure how I got dragged into debating this fight when I stand by what I originally said. Picking a side is nothing more than a gamble. Clear example of a fight where searching for value and betting that alone is what you're best off doing. Too many question marks and too weird a fight.
I've said my piece too, no point in going around in circles. Let's see how the fight plays out

We're both vets, It all comes down to strategy and execution, take it one fight at a time

This is an easy cut, I gambled with other gyms and it didn't pay off, now I control my own camp, day to day feel, if I want to go light I can, if I want to go hard I can, I didn't know who Hall was, we both started in 2006, I want to push this sport as long as I can, I've gotten caught, but no one has beaten me

A bunch of guys from the show came to help me, we're brothers, I'm sick of him, just want to get him off my back and fight him, I'm here to fight a smart fight, I respect him as a fighter, we strategized alot, I know my hand will be raised

My weight cut was hard four times, I was miserable, when the UFC let me good, I quit fighting and became a father, then I got the fire again because of my kid, I just love to fight, I'm not a technician, I'm a fighter and that's what will beat him

I made the best with my time off, I've made huge strides, all I do is train, my summer fight fell through, was disappointed, I want to fight the best, I'm excited, I'm not here to impress anyone, I train a lot of wrestling and striking, I feel confident anywhere, I look forward to pulling it off

This is easy money, he'll come out hard for a minute and that's it, he ain't got heart, he won't make the final bell

We're both vets, gritty fight, everyone is tough, one fight at a time, small victories, he likes to counter, pressure, pressure, that's my strategy, Kings MMA has been great, I can finish him at any point

This is easy money, he'll come out hard for a minute and that's it, he ain't got heart, he won't make the final bell

Fuck you Masvidal, you're not fooling me

I don't like him, we're total opposites, my team buried him in every aspect, I'm always the number 1 contender, an impressive performance will show people

I knew who was the winner was, nothing different, training trying to get better, he earned it, Eric Shelton also looked good, Elliot is awkward, take it to him, going to beat the win record, keep wrecking house, who ever the UFC wants me to fight, I'm good

I'm a stay at home dad, it was tough to be away from her, TUF it more about the guy who can handle the weight cuts and getting banged up, instead of the best fighter, trained in Denver with JoeB and Dillashaw this whole camp

Happy to hear Elliott has been training at elevation with a great team. DJ itd now -160 is too much for me, so DJ decision and the r4/5 props looking good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back