TUF 24 Finale - Mighty Mouse vs Elliot - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe B should beat Cejudo easily. He's better on the feet and I don't think Henry will be able to take him down or keep him down. Despite being and Olympic gold medallist, Henry's wrestling hasn't been that effective in MMA. Joe B has only ever lost to Cruz and DJ, both twice and two were split decision losses. Henry is overrated, I'm not even sure that I think he's top 5. Chico gave him a tough fight and the Forimga fight was very competitive. Forimga was also a great style match up for Henry. Joe B is one of the worst style match ups for him in the division. Joe B has left Alpha Male too, seems like he trains at team elevation now.

Can i watch schnell's tuf fights on fightpass?
Did you check on Fight Pass? One of the two of them are available to watch- his quarter-final bout from episode 6. They don't have the last couple of episodes up yet to see his other fight.

Jared Cannonier

-amatuer boxing record 7-0
-good footwork for a hw
-powerful right hand
-90% wins in r1 roughly
-works full time still and trains only in evenings and 2 days off < red flag perhaps
-List his style as boxing, footwork with focus on Strength and conditioning

Last 2 fights here:

r1 ko- stopped a take down defence with a sprawl and had good footwork, head movement and chin and an excellent 1-2 combo with a left hand finish.
https://www.ufc.tv/video/jared-cannonier-vs-cyril-asker-ufc-fight-night
HL here:

jordon ko loss here:

Other past fight here shown with similar style

Ion Cutelaba

-Striking, wrestling and sambo background style fighter
-90% of wins r1 roughly
-nicknamed the hulk due to his anger

Last 2 fights here:
ufc debut loss to cirkunov
https://www.ufc.tv/video/misha-cirkunov-vs-ion-cutelaba-ufc-fight-night-macdonald-vs-thompson

Other hl from his wilson win

Cute looked ok against cirkunov considering, 22 years old and still new in the game but some nice speed overall, he seems to do well cardio wise, even says he goes 5-6 rounds during camp and training sessions.

Not sure since Cute is listed as light hw while jared as hw here, ufc site says same so not sure what weight class its gonna be at?

2 big hws with 90% almost wins in r1, I have to go with jared here he seems to commit to his punches and strikes and he only needs one punch also, the question mark to me is his cardio but he did win a round 5 split decision 2 years ago.

The fight will be at LHW, Cannonier was thick as hell at HW so interesting to see what he'll look like at LHW.

I've been following Cutelaba since I seen a clip online in 2012 of his Omoplata win over Kukurudziak. Think he was about 18 at the time, possibly 19 and there was some hype regarding him due to his age, speed and the fact he pulled off an Omoplata. Both guys have serious power but I think Cutelaba takes it, probably dropping Cannonier and finishing with strikes.

The fight will be at LHW, Cannonier was thick as hell at HW so interesting to see what he'll look like at LHW.

I've been following Cutelaba since I seen a clip online in 2012 of his Omoplata win over Kukurudziak. Think he was about 18 at the time, possibly 19 and there was some hype regarding him due to his age, speed and the fact he pulled off an Omoplata. Both guys have serious power but I think Cutelaba takes it, probably dropping Cannonier and finishing with strikes.

Good to know its at lhw, yeah am interested how cannonier now looks and moves. Cutelaba looked good and better in his 2nd ufc fight but I think he was not fully committing to his strikes or holding back, but do like his youth and speed I also think Cannonier may carry his power down to lhw so should be interesting.

Will certainly live bet cutelaba if he gets to 2nd round and Cannonier may tire or gas out.

My first very strong lean is Maynard.
I think Hall can't get him down. Hall reminds me Werdum. Very good on the ground but takedowns are very sloppy and telegraphed. Also think he won't hurt maynard. Maynard never been submitted. Hall couldn't submit Artem blue belt Lobov while spending 15 minutes on his back. Hall doesn't bring anything to the table that Maynard hasn't seen before. Hall is is more a Gi guy and I think his jitsu does not transfer very well into MMA. I think gray will be the dog and therefore this card's Lobov/Dan Kelly.

I'm on Joe B all day here. Being a 3 rounder does look a little better for Cejudo backers. But for my money Cejudo's wrestling hasn't translated that well to MMA, I think if he gets Joe down he will just pop right back up. Cejudo's path to victory is staying glued to Joe and either keeping him on his back or pressed against the cage long enough to steal 2 rounds, I just don't see that as very likely considering how good of a wrestler and how well rounded Joe B is. He's training at Elevation with Bang Ludwig and TJ Dillashaw... I think he'll have a great gameplan of lateral movement, quick technical striking and counter wrestling to win an easy 30-27. Should look like the Dillashaw/Assuncao rematch imo.

I'm with O here, I'd cap Joe B around -250 so I'm totally willing to pay -185. Probably small stabs on Benavidez DEC and fight DEC lines.

Ffs people Joe B is gonna drop to -400 if you keep sucking his cock. I wanted a bit better odds

Ffs people Joe B is gonna drop to -400 if you keep sucking his cock. I wanted a bit better odds
What are you waiting on? JB is around -180 to -187 at almost every US & UK & Euro book.

please keep any tuf spoilers quiet until after it airs on wednesday, thanks

Initially I liked Cejudo based on his price but the more i think about it the more i like JB. I've used both as parlay fodder in their recent fights, and Cejudo struggled with Chico (blamed it on a bad buritto which i think was probably bs) and squeaked past Formiga (it shouldn't have been a split tho). He was then destroyed by MM and he struggles to make the weight. JB's stand up however looks better than ever. Strongly considering JB for parlay fodder.

My first very strong lean is Maynard.
I think Hall can't get him down. Hall reminds me Werdum. Very good on the ground but takedowns are very sloppy and telegraphed. Also think he won't hurt maynard. Maynard never been submitted. Hall couldn't submit Artem blue belt Lobov while spending 15 minutes on his back. Hall doesn't bring anything to the table that Maynard hasn't seen before. Hall is is more a Gi guy and I think his jitsu does not transfer very well into MMA. I think gray will be the dog and therefore this card's Lobov/Dan Kelly.

I agree but i just dont know if i can bet maynard in 2016.

Font's line will be interesting. I just watched his three UFC fights and he is a good fighter. Easily dealt with his first two opponents and gave a decent account of himself especially in r1 and r2 against Lineker - both were fairly close rounds in terms of strikes landed, but Lineker as always was the aggressor more often than not in both rounds. He landed a great uppercut on Lineker towards the end of r2 but as always Lineker just ate it. He was having great success with his jab but just didn't throw his right hand. I can only assume he was too worried about stepping in due to Lineker's ferocious power. Schnell's first fight at BW - i assume he took the opportunity to get his foot in the door. Font is not a small BW either so I imagine there will be a fair size difference here. Hopefully he's not too juiced.

Last edited:
I think a lot of these fights will end ITD.

Font's line will be interesting. I just watched his three UFC fights and he is a good fighter. Easily dealt with his first two opponents and gave a decent account of himself especially in r1 and r2 against Lineker - both were fairly close rounds in terms of strikes landed, but Lineker as always was the aggressor more often than not in both rounds. He landed a great uppercut on Lineker towards the end of r2 but as always Lineker just ate it. He was having great success with his jab but just didn't throw his right hand. I can only assume he was too worried about stepping in due to Lineker's ferocious power. Schnell's first fight at BW - i assume he took the opportunity to get his foot in the door. Font is not a small BW either so I imagine there will be a fair size difference here. Hopefully he's not too juiced.

Yeah Font is really good. Font is def someone you don't want to meet on short notice. The line will be interesting.

In regards to JB v. Bad Burrito I think JB takes this. When I first heard about the fight my initial lean was JB. I really feel his NSC line will be the right play. Cejudo has no finishing ability and if it hits the cards it could end up being close. I will be very surprised if Cejudo dominates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back