Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-The-Ultimate-Fighter-Season-25-Finale-59007

ivL2Vq9sQ1mgrrffWlR4_Q.png

such good matchmaking for gaethje's debut, love it

Gaethje is going to finish Johnson brutally.

reckon pick 'em is plausible for tavares/theodorou?

johnson never ko'd (devil's advocate?) & gaethje no defensive fighting hehe

I've never seen someone at LW hit as hard as Gaethje the amount of force he produces is stupid. Johnson is good, he's no scrub but Gaethje will be fine being in the pocket with him. If Johnson tries to dance on the outside Gaethje will chop the legs. I also don't think Johnson defense is very good so there's that too.

I've never seen someone at LW hit as hard as Gaethje the amount of force he produces is stupid. Johnson is good, he's no scrub but Gaethje will be fine being in the pocket with him. If Johnson tries to dance on the outside Gaethje will chop the legs. I also don't think Johnson defense is very good so there's that too.

Johnson is a southpaw for what it's worth. Wasn't kicked much by Barboza though it was a much different match-up and has showed a good chin so far.

Johnson is a turtle on his back though. I know Justin doesn't choose to wrestle often but I feel if he gets the worst of the standup, he's gonna put MJ on his back the rest of the fight.

I'm not just going of the Khabib fight because Khabib can do that to 99% of all lightweights.
MJ couldn't do anything on his back versus Jury, castillo for a round, and anyone who put him on his back.

I favor Justin here but wouldn't bet him as a big favorite.

Johnson is a southpaw for what it's worth. Wasn't kicked much by Barboza though it was a much different match-up and has showed a good chin so far.

Johnson is a turtle on his back though. I know Justin doesn't choose to wrestle often but I feel if he gets the worst of the standup, he's gonna put MJ on his back the rest of the fight.

I'm not just going of the Khabib fight because Khabib can do that to 99% of all lightweights.
MJ couldn't do anything on his back versus Jury, castillo for a round, and anyone who put him on his back.

I favor Justin here but wouldn't bet him as a big favorite.

I agree. And to add to this, Madadi took MJ down and had his way with him as well. But, MJ does have some very fast hands and good power. If Gaethje stands with him I think MJ can certainly have some success here. I'm very interested to see the odds on this one.

Low key, solid card. We will also get the TUF finals match-up and probably 1-2 more fights from the show

I'm so pumped for Cannonier/Bosse. I expect fireworks big time. Would love to see the winner fight Cutelaba, even if it is a rematch.

Also I expect MJ to dominate early. But if Gaethje's chin holds up he could definitely take over after 2.5. Very interesting matchup

Not touching a bet on the main event

This ones a sit back and relax as it's gonna be awesome

Gaethje's pure high guard defense is gonna fail him any fight now, MJ seems like just the guy to exploit it

Great card this.

Waiting for lines but hoping for a couple of pick ems where i will favour one a lot....

MJ is getting KO'd

while i agree that gaethje COULD take mj down and arguably SHOULD.. i think it's clear: gaethje's out here to bang. he might throw in a takedown or two towards the end of a round or to send a message, but this kid wants to throw hays, no matter who its against.. even tho that's a bad gameplan against MJ (not saying he can't win doing it, but there's a clearer path to victory for anyone fighting MJ)

Guys, remember the golden rule of champs coming into the UFC. Ilkke gaethje as much as everyone who lives violence but the level of opponents do matter.

Guys, remember the golden rule of champs coming into the UFC. Ilkke gaethje as much as everyone who lives violence but the level of opponents do matter.

Eh sometimes.

Wsof:
Marlon looked fine versus a top 5 fighter and arguably won.
Branch beat a top 10 MW in his re-debut.
Rick Glenn is a former featherweight champ and was Not the current one. He's 1-0 at featherweight.

branch gaethje moraes are defintely the cream of the crop from WSOF.. all 3 are absolutely top tenners in the ufc. moraes top 5 i still say.

i GOTTA think gaethje's reckless style will cost him sooner rathern than later, tho, against the increasingly more difficult opponents, but holy hell is he fun to watch

and on the opposite end of the spectrum, branch's ceiling is probably right about where he is right now. he doesn't let his hands go, he doesn't push the pace.. he either has ya at his pace or he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back