News TUF 29 cast

Hellowhosthat

Chief Shara Bullet fanboy
@plutonium
Reaction score

Kinda meh really. I know about Raposo and he's supposed to be a good prospect, Josh Rettinghouse is a pretty experienced guy who's fought decent opposition in M1 so could be a threat. Turcios is okay. None of the rest of the BW's really stand out to me.

Urbina and Hunsinger are the interesting MW prospects and Lachinov did okay in Bellator.

So is this like the 4th Urbina sibling to compete on TUF now?

So is this like the 4th Urbina sibling to compete on TUF now?

I think the 3rd, I haven't seen him fight but his only loss is a decision to Sean Brady, which suggests he might be pretty good.

Sholinian and Lachinov? Don't think there gonna be conflict between them "Ukraine vs. Russia"-style, but not gonna be surprised if Armenians vs. Turkish conflict is gonna happen.
For those who don't know -- Sholinian is Armenian from Ukraine and Lachinov is Turkish from Russia (who lives in US). Actually, Sholinian might live in US too, if I'm not mistaken one of Sholinian brothers is shown with US flag in profile on Sherdog or Tapology and I think, maybe it was interview with Tsarukyan, where Arman said something about Sholinian living in California.

Meh, I wasn't pumped for this anyway and having seen the cast I'm still not really.

Think I've caught a few scraps here and there.

Will have ta run em thru Tap to see if I have any history.

I was hoping that the world was moving past crappy reality TV... Whichever, I hope the show gets a couple of the kids' names out there and I'll watch highlights or a replay here and there.

Absolutely nothing to watch. Bunch of no names trying to get into the UFC?
UFC is already full of no names. This TUF shit should have ended about 10 years ago.

I'll watch. I think the show has gotten better over the years.

Sorry I can't remember, who are the coaches?

I'll give it a try but I'm not committing to wasting my time if it's more of the same format (40 minutes of backstory where each fighter promises to "die in the cage", 30 seconds of training footage, 10 minutes of wall-n-stall split decision, then a hold-me-back-break-the-door coach argument)

I'll give it a try but I'm not committing to wasting my time if it's more of the same format (40 minutes of backstory where each fighter promises to "die in the cage", 30 seconds of training footage, 10 minutes of wall-n-stall split decision, then a hold-me-back-break-the-door coach argument)

I can't imagine Volkanovski and Ortega having those kind of arguments to be fair. Both guys are pretty chilled unless around Korean rappers.

I know Rener Gracie is one of the coaches for team Ortega.. that'll be interesting as far how he gets along with all these guys

Back