1. Raposo
2. Argueta
3. Murdock
4. Rettinghouse
5. Turcios
6. Sholinian
7. Lampros
8. Hiestand

Surprised you picked Lachinov so highly given he’s severely undersized, more so than Raposo who you didn’t pick as #1

My rankings pre show

1. Hunsinger
2. Gore
3. Urbina
4. Petroski
5. Lachinov
6. Newman
7. Battle
8. Phillips

1. Raposo
2. Argueta
3. Murdock
4. Rettinghouse
5. Turcios
6. Sholinian
7. Lampros
8. Hiestand

Surprised you picked Lachinov so highly given he’s severely undersized, more so than Raposo who you didn’t pick as #1

Im surprised you put Hunsinger so high, yeah its a clean 7-0 but its a paper thin 7-0, I was even debating putting him lower but most of the others are pretty paper thin as well and I thought Lachinov has faced some decent competition, him, Rettinghouse and Urbina have probably faced the best competition

Last edited:
Im surprised you put Hunsinger so high, yeah its a clean 7-0 but its a paper thin 7-0, I was even debating putting him lower but most of the others are pretty paper thin as well and I thought Lachinov has faced some decent competition, him, Rettinghouse and Urbina have probably faced the best competition

I did some analysis on previous show winners and those with experience and lots of fights typically did not do very well. Rettinghouse and Lachinov also have the most losses so I couldn't justify any higher than where I put them, although if it was at WW i could see Lachinov being one of the favourites.

I did some analysis on previous show winners and those with experience and lots of fights typically did not do very well. Rettinghouse and Lachinov also have the most losses so I couldn't justify any higher than where I put them, although if it was at WW i could see Lachinov being one of the favourites.

Youre right and wrong lol....yes sometimes the experienced fighters are outdated/blown out by the time they get to the show such as Eddy Ellis, Kyacey Uscola, Wes Sims, Damacio Page, Artem "The worst fighter of the modern UFC era" Lobov etc....Then you also have future champs that I've ranked low cus they havent had a lot of fights before the show like TJ Dillashaw, Kamaru Usman (I suspect Tresean Gore from this season to be one of these guys)....But more often than not the obvious choice is the correct one Joe Stevenson, Nate Diaz, Mac Danzig, Roy Nelson, Court McGee, Jonathan Brookins, Tony Ferguson, John Dodson, all my number 1 picks at the time of thier show based on having fought people Ive actually heard of and they won it all....I far more respect someone with losses against people I know vs a squeaky clean undefeated record.....Stevenson, Danzig, McGee, Ferguson and Dodson were also undersized.....most TUF competitors change weight after the show

Last edited:
also now that i said all this watch Battle win easily lol

also now that i said all this watch Battle win easily lol

I still ranked Lachniov above Battle (sloppy) even after factoring in weight difference.

Competition was a factor in my excel calculation, but I also think losses against bang average fighters doesn't look good for some of the experienced ones.

E.g. Lachinov's losses against Tom Regal / Eric Spicely
E.g. Rettinghouse's losses against Josh Hill / Cory Vom Baur / Zach Lari
E.g. Turcios' losses both against good, not great fighters
E.g. Murdock's losses against Labiano and Arnett (he was also losing against Vikas Dahiya until he winged about a groin shot and got the DQ win which was dodgy AF)

I am more than happy to pick the experienced guys if they have genuine good losses, but a few patchy records here. My final rankings were validated by actually watching the fighters fight. For example Tresean Gore I initially ranked low thinking he was a great striker with no ground game and then watched him fight and he has spectacular BJJ and TDD, so for me no real weaknesses. His wins appear against nobodies, but two of his opponents looked solid when I watched him fight. Which is why I eventually ranked him #2, curious as to how you possibly had him #7

Last edited:
I still ranked Lachniov above Battle (sloppy) even after factoring in weight difference.

Competition was a factor in my excel calculation, but I also think losses against bang average fighters doesn't look good for some of the experienced ones.

E.g. Lachinov's losses against Tom Regal / Eric Spicely
E.g. Rettinghouse's losses against Josh Hill / Cory Vom Baur / Zach Lari
E.g. Turcios' losses both against good, not great fighters
E.g. Murdock's losses against Labiano and Arnett (he was also losing against Vikas Dahiya until he winged about a groin shot and got the DQ win which was dodgy AF)

I am more than happy to pick the experienced guys if they have genuine good losses, but a few patchy records here. My final rankings were validated by actually watching the fighters fight. For example Tresean Gore I initially ranked low thinking he was a great striker with no ground game and then watched him fight and he has spectacular BJJ and TDD, so for me no real weaknesses. His wins appear against nobodies, but two of his opponents looked solid when I watched him fight. Which is why I eventually ranked him #2, curious as to how you possibly had him #7
and look at that i was wrong lol....also I suspect Gore to be the Dillashaw of this season, its just cus he hasnt had a lot of fights, I did the same thing with Dillashaw in his season, Kamaru Usman in 21 and Colton Smith in season 16....hell I called every single Gastelum fight wrong in 17

Back