Tuf Redraft prediction

I was pretty close for TUF 5

Mitrione over Big Country? Seems like a hot take.

Without looking at their records and fights rn I'm gonna say Roy.

Quite a few weak "draft classes" there too. TUF 6 oof.

I was surprised as well but you sort of have to look at thier records and fights, thats how drafting works lol.....but Nelson has fallen off the last couple years including going 1-1 with Mitrione.....as Mitrione won the last fight i sort of have to give it to Matt.....also they both lost to Kharitonov but Nelson then also lost to Cro Cop and Mir who lets be honest have both seen much better days......what really shocked me was that Kimbo did relatively well compared to a lot of the other washouts after how many years

Last edited:

And Im a big country fan for life i called him winning the show after literally the first episode but this redraft is about what theyve done since

And Im a big country fan for life i called him winning the show after literally the first episode but this redraft is about what theyve done since

Well I guess my entire argument revolves around two things:

1. Roy Nelson's earlier UFC career. The fact that he fought much better competition than Mitrione and had more success.

2. Not really weighing or counting the Bellator runs of either guy that much, or the "washed up" phase of Nelson.

Nelson's early UFC career consisted of: Wins of Schaub and Struve, immediately facing JDS who he went to decision with (prime JDS). Then the loss to Mir wsan't great no, but Mir wasn't completely washed up at this point either. Beat a semi-washed up Cro Cop, lost to Werdum another top tier HW, beat Herman/Mitrione/Kongo in a row.

At this point he was 6-3 in the UFC. I recall Dana White hating Nelson as well, vividly...for being fat or something lol? Ok well his next two opponents are Stipe MIocic and Daniel Cormier (lol) literally the best two HWs on planet earth right now. Loses to both, decision each time. KOs Big Nog who was washed at this point. 7-5 record now.

Then he hits a skid but is still fighting top notch competition in Hunt, Overeem, steroid Barnett. beats Rosholt, loses to Derrick Lewis, knocks out Bigfoot who's probably washed at this point. Loses to Volkov, goes to Bellator where he's been bad. Also everyone else has been clearly on TRT/steroids and it's all old man cripple fights that shouldn't really count for much (Mir, Rampage, Fedor, Mitrione, Nelson, Cro Cop et all).

Nelson's only losses in the UFC came against: Prime JDS, "still" ~Prime Mir, Werdum, Stipe, DC, Hunt, Pre-USADA Overeem, steroid Barnett. Lewis, Volkov.

Mitrione's
best competition in general: Travis Browne (loss), Ben Rothwell (loss), green Derrick Lewis, Gonzaga (not sure prime or washed).

^ That is my argument. Mitrione might have a "better record" in the UFC but he faced a ton of fringe UFC fighters, cans, and mediocre at best competition, where as Roy Nelson was fighting literally the best of the best.

Swap opponents. Roy Nelson probably goes undefeated during his UFC run and never loses once, or he maybe loses to Travis Browne or 1-2 fights maximum. Mitrione ended his UFC career at 9-5. Nelson ended his UFC career at 9-10. Those records aren't created equal.

Again, if the opponents were swapped I bet Mitrione goes something like 5-14 and Nelson goes 13-2, maybe 14-1. So you can't just look at record. And I haven't addressed Bellator, it counts for something, but does it? I really don't think it should count for much. Does Tito's win over Sonnen matter at all for either's legacy? I'd say definitely not, no, and Sonnen was closer to his "prime" than Fedor for example.

Mitrione beat two bums and a completely washed up Fedor in Bellator, majority decision over a washed up Nelson and hasn't won a fight since. So I think based off the "strength of schedule" to use a football term, Roy Nelson wins this easily. Big Country was the better fighter.

probably my worst one yet but everybody is only about 1 or 2 spots away from the sherdog redraft.....still nailing the #1 and 2 so far

Well I guess my entire argument revolves around two things:

1. Roy Nelson's earlier UFC career. The fact that he fought much better competition than Mitrione and had more success.

2. Not really weighing or counting the Bellator runs of either guy that much, or the "washed up" phase of Nelson.

Nelson's early UFC career consisted of: Wins of Schaub and Struve, immediately facing JDS who he went to decision with (prime JDS). Then the loss to Mir wsan't great no, but Mir wasn't completely washed up at this point either. Beat a semi-washed up Cro Cop, lost to Werdum another top tier HW, beat Herman/Mitrione/Kongo in a row.

At this point he was 6-3 in the UFC. I recall Dana White hating Nelson as well, vividly...for being fat or something lol? Ok well his next two opponents are Stipe MIocic and Daniel Cormier (lol) literally the best two HWs on planet earth right now. Loses to both, decision each time. KOs Big Nog who was washed at this point. 7-5 record now.

Then he hits a skid but is still fighting top notch competition in Hunt, Overeem, steroid Barnett. beats Rosholt, loses to Derrick Lewis, knocks out Bigfoot who's probably washed at this point. Loses to Volkov, goes to Bellator where he's been bad. Also everyone else has been clearly on TRT/steroids and it's all old man cripple fights that shouldn't really count for much (Mir, Rampage, Fedor, Mitrione, Nelson, Cro Cop et all).

Nelson's only losses in the UFC came against: Prime JDS, "still" ~Prime Mir, Werdum, Stipe, DC, Hunt, Pre-USADA Overeem, steroid Barnett. Lewis, Volkov.

Mitrione's
best competition in general: Travis Browne (loss), Ben Rothwell (loss), green Derrick Lewis, Gonzaga (not sure prime or washed).

^ That is my argument. Mitrione might have a "better record" in the UFC but he faced a ton of fringe UFC fighters, cans, and mediocre at best competition, where as Roy Nelson was fighting literally the best of the best.

Swap opponents. Roy Nelson probably goes undefeated during his UFC run and never loses once, or he maybe loses to Travis Browne or 1-2 fights maximum. Mitrione ended his UFC career at 9-5. Nelson ended his UFC career at 9-10. Those records aren't created equal.

Again, if the opponents were swapped I bet Mitrione goes something like 5-14 and Nelson goes 13-2, maybe 14-1. So you can't just look at record. And I haven't addressed Bellator, it counts for something, but does it? I really don't think it should count for much. Does Tito's win over Sonnen matter at all for either's legacy? I'd say definitely not, no, and Sonnen was closer to his "prime" than Fedor for example.

Mitrione beat two bums and a completely washed up Fedor in Bellator, majority decision over a washed up Nelson and hasn't won a fight since. So I think based off the "strength of schedule" to use a football term, Roy Nelson wins this easily. Big Country was the better fighter.
I cant wait to see which one of us is right according to sherdog lol and I dont disagree with you.....I had a hard time not letting my Fellow fat bastard take the 1....if this had happened like 2 years earlier i wouldnt even argue against you

well not so good on number 8 outside of Bader which was kind of obvious....really thought Vinny would be higher than Soszynski

Last edited:
Number 9 stilli n the ballpark......when this is done im gonna grade myself lol

Might as well give my 1-4

got 7/16

01 Forrest Griffin-Griffin
02 Diego Sanchez-Sanchez
03 Kenny Florian-Florian
04 Chris Leben-Koscheck
05 Mike Swick-Leben
06 Nate Quarry-Swick
07 Josh Koscheck-Quarry
08 Stephan Bonnar-Bonnar
09 Lodune Sincaid-Hoger
10 Bobby Southworth-Karalexis
11 Sam Hoger-Southworth
12 Alex Karalexis-Sincaid
13 Alex Schoenauer-Schoenauer
14 Josh Rafferty-Rafferty
15 Chris Sanford-Sanford
16 Jason Thacker-Thacker

Worst Nickname: Josh "Kos" Koscheck, seriously I wanna know how long it took to come up with that one....the fact that he's a faker and douche doesnt help either

Last edited:
Tuf 2

7/16

01 Rashad Evans-Evans
02 Joe Stevenson-Stevenson
03 Keith Jardine-Jardine
04 Josh Burkman-Guillard
05 Melvin Guillard-Burkman
06 Marcus Davis-Davis
07 Dan Christison-Cummo
08 Seth Petruzelli-Christison
09 Anthony Torres-Gurgel
10 Luke Cummo-Imes
11 Brad imes-Whitehead
12 Jorge Gurgel-Torres
13 Mike Whitehead-Petruzelli
14 Tom Murphy-Murphy
15 Rob Macdonald-Macdonald
16 Sam Morgan-Morgan

Worst Nickname: Jorge "J.G." Gurgel.....why even have a nickname

Last edited:
TUF 3

2/16

01 Mike Bisping-Bisping
02 Ed Herman-Hamill
03 Kendall Grove-Herman
04 Kalib Starnes-Grove
05 Matt Hamill-Starnes
06 Jesse Forbes-Singer
07 Rory Singer-Nickels
08 Josh Haynes-Hutcherson
09 Mike Nickels-Inhofer
10 Solomon Hutcherson-Forbes
11 tait Fletcher-Haynes
12 Kristian Rothaermel-Abbadi
13 Danny Abbadi-Rotharmel
14 Mike Stine-Fletcher
15 Noah Inhofer-Stine
16 Ross Pointon-Pointon

Worst Nickname: "Big" Mike Nickels....just no imagination to that one, my dad calls himself big mike

Last edited:
Tuf 4

9/16

01 Matt Serra-Serra
02 Chris Lytle-Lytle
03 Patrick Cote-Cote
04 Jorge Rivera-Rivera
05 Din Thomas-Thomas
06 Rich Clementi-Clementi
07 Travis Lutter-Smith
08 Pete Spratt-Lutter
09 Scott Smith-Spratt
10 Pete Sell-Carter
11 Shonie Carter-Sell
12 Edwin Dewees-Dewees
13 Gideon Ray-McCarthy
14 Charles McCarthy-Ray
15 Jeremy Jackson-Jackson
16 Mikey Burnett-Burnett

Worst Nickname: A 3 way tie because none of these nicknames work for these fighters or thier style....Charles "Chainsaw" McCarthy, Pete "Drago" Sell, Travis "The Serial Killer" Lutter

Last edited:
after biffing 10 its nice to see i almost nailed 11

Tuf 11

8/14 my best yet

01 Brad Tavares-Tavres
02 Court Mcgee-McGee
03 Chris Camozzi-Camozzi
04 Kyle Noke-Noke
05 Nick Ring-Ring
06 Rich Attonito-Attonito
07 Kris Mccray-McCray
08 Josh Bryant-Henle
09 James Hammortree-Yager
10 Joseph Henle-Bryant
11 Clayton Mckinney-Blanchard
12 Jamie Yager-Hammortree
13 Charles Blanchard-McKinney
14 Kyacey Uscola-Uscola

Uscola. What a POS. I had actually forgotten that a dog bit him on the dick, if I ever knew. <45>

Uscola. What a POS. I had actually forgotten that a dog bit him on the dick, if I ever knew. <45>
I remember when he was chosen 3rd i was like yeah hes fought everybody....and lost to them.....i did not know he was was one of the many mma failures though..... I can explain yager......after he got his head kick ko the forums fuckin exploded with him being the next guy to beat gsp cus thats all it took back then was 1 or 2 flashy head kicks people were sayin zaromskis was the next big thing back then for the same reason.

Last edited:
The Smashes

7/16 nailed the top 5

01 Robert Whittaker-Whittaker
02 Norman Parke-Parke
03 Brad Scott-Scott
04 Brendan Loughnane-Loughnane
05 Mike Wilkinson-Wilkinson
06 Richie Vaculik-Alloway
07 Colin Fletcher-Fletcher
08 Benny Alloway-Vaculik
09 Manny Rodriguez-Wall
10 Valentino Petrescu-Rodriguez
11 Xavier Lucas-Omoyele
12 Luke Newman-Petrescu
13 Ben Wall-Newman
14 Grant Blackler-blackler
15 Patrick Iodice-Lucas
16 Bola Omoyele-Iodice

Change up Best nickname: Benny Blanco (from the bronx).....I love Carlito's way

Last edited:
Canada vs Australia....no idea why they did this season, I was amped for a Canadian season but its not like we have a storied past with Australia

01 Jake Matthews
02 Elias Theodorou
03 Daniel Kelly
04 Kajan Johnson
05 Olivier Mercier
06 Chad Laprise
07 Nordine Taleb
08 Sheldon Westcott
09 Richard Walsh
10 Tyler Manawaroa
11 Vik Grujic
12 Luke Harris
13 Brendan O'Reilly
14 Chris Indich
15 Zein Saliba
16 Matthew Desroches

Last edited:
Tuf 13 I have a sneaking suspicion that outside of the the top 2....im prolly not gonna get a single one lol.....its kind of hard to judge crap against crap lol

Back