PBP TUF Season 29 Episode 2 Watch Party 6/8 9 ET

Who Wins This Fight

• Total voters
Lay and pray win yay. Came nowhere close to landing significant ground strikes or submissions.

This will be a learning experience for Raposo, who is pretty clearly a Flyweight. Keeps his undefeated record too, so maybe it's for the best that he go his prospect loss here.

Trey wins the next fight also, take that to the bank
I’d favor him too. He looks ripped. His opponent, pretty sure they said he was a successful wrestler in college. Can’t recall if they said D1 lol.

You never know for sure until they show the fight. Unless you already have the result.

Tonight Mitch looked good on the feet yet couldn’t get or maintain superior position on the ground.

I’d favor him too. He looks ripped. His opponent, pretty sure they said he was a successful wrestler in college. Can’t recall if they said D1 lol.

You never know for sure until they show the fight. Unless you already have the result.

Tonight Mitch looked good on the feet yet couldn’t get or maintain superior position on the ground.
Those top notch wrestlers give guys such a touch time.

They showed a clip of next week's episode. Mitch saying in the house that he's better than Liudvik. Hope he's not gonna start trouble. Look out for it.
I would agree that he has a much bigger potential but lose is a lose. It's not like it was controversial or anything.
He need to work on his wrestling game or think about going down to flyweight as some of you already said.

I would agree that he has a much bigger potential but lose is a lose. It's not like it was controversial or anything.
He need to work on his wrestling game or think about going down to flyweight as some of you already said.
Yeah. I agree with you.

These days it’s really hard to impress me with wrestling because at the top of the divisions (top 5 or so) most guys can keep you off of them unless you’re a truly special talent.

The dominance Liudvik showed today doesn’t typically transfer to high level guys. It looked to me like he left a few opportunities for Mitch to get up, and he wasn’t creating opportunities for submissions or meaningful ground and pound.

On the other hand, I could see Mitch and his speed/footwork giving a tough time to all kinds of fighters. I think he has an easier path to become a more complete fighter. That being said, he’s still really raw. And now that guys have seen the hole in his game, they’ll keep taking him down till he does something about it. He needs to take some time off, and really really drill TDD, and his getups/subs from the bottom. He opened up on Liudvik a few times with G&P from the bottom. I loved the hustle but if he’s sacrificing position when his bread and butter is clearly his standup he’s not going to benefit much.

Unfortunately the Preview showed him taking the loss very poorly. Instead of recognizing his room for improvement he seemed to view it as “It was luck” or “9/10 I beat him”. Not what you want to see from a prospect.

Yeah. I agree with you.

These days it’s really hard to impress me with wrestling because at the top of the divisions (top 5 or so) most guys can keep you off of them unless you’re a truly special talent.

The dominance Liudvik showed today doesn’t typically transfer to high level guys. It looked to me like he left a few opportunities for Mitch to get up, and he wasn’t creating opportunities for submissions or meaningful ground and pound.

On the other hand, I could see Mitch and his speed/footwork giving a tough time to all kinds of fighters. I think he has an easier path to become a more complete fighter. That being said, he’s still really raw. And now that guys have seen the hole in his game, they’ll keep taking him down till he does something about it. He needs to take some time off, and really really drill TDD, and his getups/subs from the bottom. He opened up on Liudvik a few times with G&P from the bottom. I loved the hustle but if he’s sacrificing position when his bread and butter is clearly his standup he’s not going to benefit much.

Unfortunately the Preview showed him taking the loss very poorly. Instead of recognizing his room for improvement he seemed to view it as “It was luck” or “9/10 I beat him”. Not what you want to see from a prospect.
Great points. Mitch is only 22 so he has plenty of time to grow. Compared to 31 years old Liudvik he is much more promising. I have a feeling that we will see him competing in the UFC in near future. If Chase Hooper with almost 0 stand up can be there then Raposo can too. But probably the best for him would be to start in LFA and make his way up from there.

Last edited:
Great points. Mitch is only 22 so he has plenty of time to grow. Compared to 31 years old Liudvik he is much more promising. I have a feeling that we will see him competing in the UFC in near future. If Chase Hooper with almost 0 stand up can be there then Raposo can too. But probably the best for him would be to start in LFA and make his way up from there.
Yeah. I just want to see him get a little more diversified. You can’t teach that natural speed though. That’s just a gift that will always make him stand out. His striking almost reminds me of a very young John Dodson

Yeah. I just want to see him get a little more diversified. You can’t teach that natural speed though. That’s just a gift that will always make him stand out. His striking almost reminds me of a very young John Dodson

I agree 100% especially your previous post. Funny you said Dodson. I was seeing a younger Joe B but I can definitely see the Dodson comparison. Bright future once/if he hones his skills

Back