PBP TUF Season 29 Episode 3 Watch Party 6/15 9 ET

Who You Got?

• Total voters
Damn this episode felt like most of the last decade of TUF in general. Really safe and too much respect for each other leading to a very apprehensive fight.

It’s 2021 you would think they would fill the house with a bunch of Sean O’Malley/Mike Perry types at this point. I’m sure they could find some capable idiots who want some attention.
Definitely TUF is lacking reality show moments. It should be more like Hell's Kitchen with a lot of drama and funny challenges every episode. Winners should get the prizes and losers should get the punishments. Losing, bad efforts made by teammates and flexing of the another team would lead to the action. They should mix "normal" guys with the Jersey Shore type of bros (still MMA fighters of course). Alcohol should be allowed too. That kind of show would create historic moments but instead we got this bland product with all of the episodes looking virtually identical.

Last edited:
Agree with those saying we could get a more in-depth look at training. So far from what they've shown Ortega & his team are listening & communicating well & playing to the individual's strengths. Ortega appealed to Tre to not do this for the coaches. Do this for his family and for a higher power. Might seem cornball to some but I saw it as the right thing to say to Tre just before his fight.

The coach on Ortega's team named Patrovski (I think, or something similar) also provides strong instructions during fights & between rounds. With a proper sense of measured urgency.

Opinions vary on whether they should go more professional versus more outlandish. I prefer the lower key approach as it's less manufactured. Stakes are high without adding land mines.

They should tone down 'poor pitiful me' back stories imo.

Overall I still enjoy the show & this avenue of discussion.

I'm kinda surprised that Ortega is a better coach so far.
I understood why Volk had trouble the 1st fight since the fighter he had was very limited in his skill set, but he didn't seem to have great advice/cornering for the next 2 fights. I wished they showed more of the training like the older TUF seasons, you can't really tell what they're practicing because they're padding out the runtime with the backstories.

Kinda disappointed with the season so far, Volk hyped it a lot more on his JRE episode.

Back