PBP TUF Season 29 Episode 5 Watch Party 6/29 9 ET

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slobbahknokkah!

But think Battle takes it.

Battle gets the 2-0 decision.

Good footwork, jab & kicks.

Front kicks and knees were money for Battle.

Gotta say I liked them.

Ok there's another fight right?

<DCrying>

Loooool the Russian dude's zombie walk and the head kick, is he retarded? <36>

Isn't some other Russian dude kinda famous for doing that. Well least two fight I saw em in...can't remember his name for the life a me tho.

Pretty good fight. Battle looked solid and made no mistakes.

Lachinov showed a lot of heart and a good chin, but he's no middleweight, and I don't think he's UFC calibre even at WW. Good to see Team Volkanovski get a win.
For Lachinov's exp he ate a ton of knees in the clinch and his punches were wild. He just walked forward and didnt really seem to have a game plan. As for Battle he had nice defense and great knees in the clinch, but seemed to lack power. Battle had a good game plan, but seems to be more of a point fighter. I dont think either of these guys will make it far.

Bryan Battle is terrible. Good job eking out a win over a natural WW. Congratulations to Team Volkanowski for finally getting a win over a guy who just walked through your fighter's punches with his hands down.

Bryan Battle is terrible. Good job eking out a win over a natural WW. Congratulations to Team Volkanowski for finally getting a win over a guy who just walked through your fighter's punches with his hands down.
ouch sour grapes

I enjoyed the previous four fights more
I know what you mean in that it was fairly uneventful. Battle circled for the proper angles and once he got the position he wanted he slammed with jabs & leg kicks toward the quick 2-0 decision. Lachinov lagged on foot movement and walked straight into everything.

It's interesting for me seeing what these guys say before the fight and how they perform. Particularly because there's potentially a lot at stake for the future of their career in mma. I'm not familiar with their past fights and only know what they show in clips of their previous contests. I like seeing how the editing is done and seeing whether I can pick up some clues as to their demeanor, training etc.

Going in, Lachinov had more professional experience. I liked Battle's size & reach. His attitude seemed good. From the brief teaser they showed of the fight I felt Battle was getting the best shots & that's why I picked him. For me it was fun seeing him as the seeming underdog get the first victory for Team V.

Next week is two smaller guys. Haven't watched any teasers & have no idea who to favor. Smaller guys do tend to scrap though so that should be cool. Usually I can get psyched for any matchup the more I look into it. I like watching fights and it's entertaining discussing them here.

One of the guys fighting next week seemed like an iconoclast or maybe has a screw loose haha. Can't recall which one. That's just from watching the show - like he's kinda quiet & his facial expressions were a bit off the wall when they'd cut to him. I'm always looking for those kinds of weird or funny things and wondering if anything like that might show up in a fight. The surprises during an actual fight are always what entertain me the most.

I know what you mean in that it was fairly uneventful. Battle circled for the proper angles and once he got the position he wanted he slammed with jabs & leg kicks toward the quick 2-0 decision. Lachinov lagged on foot movement and walked straight into everything.

It's interesting for me seeing what these guys say before the fight and how they perform. Particularly because there's potentially a lot at stake for the future of their career in mma. I'm not familiar with their past fights and only know what they show in clips of their previous contests. I like seeing how the editing is done and seeing whether I can pick up some clues as to their demeanor, training etc.

Going in, Lachinov had more professional experience. I liked Battle's size & reach. His attitude seemed good. From the brief teaser they showed of the fight I felt Battle was getting the best shots & that's why I picked him. For me it was fun seeing him as the seeming underdog get the first victory for Team V.

Next week is two smaller guys. Haven't watched any teasers & have no idea who to favor. Smaller guys do tend to scrap though so that should be cool. Usually I can get psyched for any matchup the more I look into it. I like watching fights and it's entertaining discussing them here.

One of the guys fighting next week seemed like an iconoclast or maybe has a screw loose haha. Can't recall which one. That's just from watching the show - like he's kinda quiet & his facial expressions were a bit off the wall when they'd cut to him. I'm always looking for those kinds of weird or funny things and wondering if anything like that might show up in a fight. The surprises during an actual fight are always what entertain me the most.
I get what you mean - expectation vs reality, it's intriguing and gets the viewer emotionally invested in the fight. Overall I feel that this season is better as there is more footage of training / coaches working on strategy, and less "hold me back bro" reality-TV wolf tickets.

Props to Kemran for taking the chance to compete on the show as a middleweight. He's a natural welterweight. Unfortunately, he isn't Kevin Gastelum. Kinda shocked Bryan didn't knock him out cold during his zombie moments.
He is not Russian. He is Uzbek.
Didn't he say he's Turkish but lived in Russia for some time or something like that?

Last edited:
Back