TUF Season 29 Episode 7 Watch Party 7/13 9 ET

Who you got!?!?

• Total voters
Pretty good, gutsy fight. Kinda sucks that two friends had to fight, but they definitely didn't take it easy. I don't see Heistand making the finals.

You may cross paths but you don't choose to fight your friend. Shitty move from Ortega. That friendship is over after the head butt.

Just watched. Great, bloody fight. Brady H. demonstrated excellent grappling skill and pure heart after he was rocked a bit. I can see why his friend & training partner Michael Chiesa was raving about him. Yeah he hugged but that was his best way to the victory. He kept getting advantageous positions. Josh has good stand up and is very tough. But he didn't disengage quickly enough from the clinch and kept getting taken down. I scored it for Brady.

Brady did absolutely nothing in the 3rd round but hold on for dear life. I don't think he landed a significant strike outside of a headbutt.

Why they have a guy on here admittedly says he's "towards the end" of his career?

I thought TUF was supposed to be for up-and-comers.
It's for anyone trying to live the dream and make it into the UFC, think back on Matt Serra's season.. which was different yes, but some of these guys are older still trying to make one last push into the UFC to show what they have, it's not always for young fighters. I like the mix of young and old.

Brady did absolutely nothing in the 3rd round but hold on for dear life. I don't think he landed a significant strike outside of a headbutt.
I agree the damage Josh outweighed the grappling takedowns with no damage, I think MMA scoring needs to change a takedown with no offensive output shouldn't score more than the damage that josh was able to land, that being said the headbutt really shifted the flow of that last round it threw him off and Brady got the takedown the rest is history.

No watch party thread this week?

Just finished watching Episode 8.

Shame about that dude getting a grade 2 mcl sprain & deciding not to fight. The guy they brought in on two days' notice, from Lansing, MI looked out of his element and got obliterated. Immediate takedown, body triangle to RNC. That was all she wrote. Remarkable comeback for Team Volkanovski. After losing the first four fights it's now tied at 4-4.

Opening round is now done. Semifinals announced. Good matchups all the way around. Surprised that with the bitching Volk & Ortega are doing with each other they had no disagreements on setting up the semis.

I'm enjoying this season.

Dana is a scumbag. Talking shit on the guy for not being tough enough to stay and fight, making it sounds like he dropped out just because it hurt, making him look bad. It's not about pain, it's about risking a full tear and your entire sports career.
Ligaments sprains are nothing to play with as they never heal back all the way. You need to give them time when they are first injured. Decide to just say fuck it and you risk bringing the ACL and Meniscus down with it too (Google Terrible Triad).

Just watching now and wanna point out what clowns Dana and everyone is for shaming and painting Miles to look like a pussy for pulling out with a torn MCL. Absolute pieces of shit.

Gutted for Miles - I’ve seen 4 peoples rankings (including mine) and 3 of us had him at #1

This could win Gilbert the whole show, given he’s gonna be fresh going into next fight. If he fought Miles he would’ve either lost or be beaten up.

So is tiki like a ufc appointed tuf coach for when you don't have enough coaches with you ( like how the court will assign you a lawyer if you can't afford one )
Really tho the guy must be up there for the most tuf coach jobs.
I predict Vince and Ricky to advance to the finale and Andre and ...man tre and Gilbert is so hard to predict ...but think Gilbert can finish him

Just finished watching Episode 8.

Shame about that dude getting a grade 2 mcl sprain & deciding not to fight. The guy they brought in on two days' notice, from Lansing, MI looked out of his element and got obliterated. Immediate takedown, body triangle to RNC. That was all she wrote. Remarkable comeback for Team Volkanovski. After losing the first four fights it's now tied at 4-4.

Opening round is now done. Semifinals announced. Good matchups all the way around. Surprised that with the bitching Volk & Ortega are doing with each other they had no disagreements on setting up the semis.

I'm enjoying this season.
I watched it too yesterday, glad that a Urbina brother finally won. Good season so far, not too much drama but that's okay

Not one fight that I think is super obvious, but some clear favoured for sure.

My predictions:

Turcios beats Sholinian - Turcios much better striker and if Sholinian takes him down then he’s on the ground with the best BJJ guy in the house so not sure that’s gonna go too well. Sholinian might have a chance with lay n pray if he can avoid Turcios’ subs but I think 75% chance Turcios wins

Murdock beats Hiestand - this one is much closer. Murdock clearly more experienced and a better striker, but Hiestand is young, explosive and strong. Can see him getting it to the mat and submitting, but more likely Murdock uses his experience to keep the fight standing and doesn’t get submitted on the floor. 60% in favour of Murdock

Petroski beats Battle - Battle looks sloppy AF and Petroski very strong and awesome wrestler. Battle edges it on the feet but don’t feel he will be too dangerous. Petroski will inevitably get the takedown and grind out a decision win or finish on the ground late. 75% in favour of Petroski.

Gore beats Urbina - Gore is the strongest and most athletic individual in the house. If Urbina was an elite wrestler I’d give him a good chance, but I think he’s too weak and takedowns not effective enough to get Gore to the ground. Expect Gore to put on a striking clinic and keep the fight on the feet for most of the fight. Watched Gore on YouTube a while ago and his BJJ is very impressive and he’s got good takedown defence. That being said, Urbina has a chance. I give this 65% in favour of Gore.

Who’s everyone else backing?

Turcios vs Sholinian was a banger.

Also coaches challenge next week looks shitty. They couldn't up with something more interesting other than changing tiers on a car?

Not one fight that I think is super obvious, but some clear favoured for sure.

My predictions:

Turcios beats Sholinian - Turcios much better striker and if Sholinian takes him down then he’s on the ground with the best BJJ guy in the house so not sure that’s gonna go too well. Sholinian might have a chance with lay n pray if he can avoid Turcios’ subs but I think 75% chance Turcios wins

Murdock beats Hiestand - this one is much closer. Murdock clearly more experienced and a better striker, but Hiestand is young, explosive and strong. Can see him getting it to the mat and submitting, but more likely Murdock uses his experience to keep the fight standing and doesn’t get submitted on the floor. 60% in favour of Murdock

Petroski beats Battle - Battle looks sloppy AF and Petroski very strong and awesome wrestler. Battle edges it on the feet but don’t feel he will be too dangerous. Petroski will inevitably get the takedown and grind out a decision win or finish on the ground late. 75% in favour of Petroski.

Gore beats Urbina - Gore is the strongest and most athletic individual in the house. If Urbina was an elite wrestler I’d give him a good chance, but I think he’s too weak and takedowns not effective enough to get Gore to the ground. Expect Gore to put on a striking clinic and keep the fight on the feet for most of the fight. Watched Gore on YouTube a while ago and his BJJ is very impressive and he’s got good takedown defence. That being said, Urbina has a chance. I give this 65% in favour of Gore.

Who’s everyone else backing?

I really like your breakdowns/predictions. Urbina is tough to gauge because his opponent was a two day replacement. Leaning towards Gore though

Back