Television TV Show Thread

First Teaser Trailer for JUPITER'S LEGACY; Premieres May 7, 2021 on Netflix

Can you live up to the legacy of the world’s first generation of superheroes? From Mark Millar, the mind behind KICK-ASS and Kingsman, comes Jupiter’s Legacy, streaming only on Netflix on May 7, 2021.

The Leftovers is a series I just watched, and it's fucking great imo. Really hard to categorize it.

Tried out SUPERMAN & LOIS first episode. I was getting ready to hate it but it was not bad. The show kinda turned down my expectation meter significantly by setting it when Lois and Clark have teenage children (meaning, if this was an origin story or set at the start of Superman's crimefighting career, my scrutiny of the show would have been very high). As pilot episodes go, it did its job well as I was hooked to see what's going to happen.

I like Supes' new suit compared to his Supergirl appearances. I like that they padded it and made the shoulder wider. Also love his throwback costume with the black and red chest emblem. I always thought that the Lois actress looked too mature for Tyler Hoechlin's Clark but this works in her favor in light of being parents to teenage boys. They also sort of explained why Tyler looks younger than Lois (implying that Supes age slower than normal). I'm already hating the emo son. Will continue to watch the series. The first seasons of CW-Berlanti shows are usually okay, then turns into trash in the succeeding seasons.
SandL-Premiere-Banner.png

The Leftovers is a series I just watched, and it's fucking great imo. Really hard to categorize it.

Preach! Excellent show with a rock solid cast. Eccelson and the red haired lady that led the "guilty remnant" were particularly amazing in their roles. It is up there with six feet under, the sopranos, the shield, and Oz, in my list of favourite shows.

HALO Live-Action TV Series Moves From Showtime to Paramount+; New Logo Revealed

EvBu4lhUYAAVTZg

Halo is going to have a new home. The long-gestating live-action adaptation of the beloved video game is moving from premium cable network Showtime to its streaming sibling Paramount+. The news is poised to be announced Wednesday during an investor day focused on the rebranding of ViacomCBS streamer CBS All Access to Paramount+.

The drama, which has two showrunners and has already changed directors and seen its episode count reduced, has been in the works since 2014 and is expected to premiere in early 2022.

The series, based on the Xbox game franchise, revolves around Master Chief, the helmeted super-soldier at the center of the game series. Pablo Schreiber (Orange Is the New Black) will star as the Spartan commando.

Halo was officially picked up to series at Showtime in 2018, with showrunner Kyle Killen and director Rupert Wyatt attached to the 10-episode live-action scripted drama. Wyatt was poised to direct multiple episodes and serve as an executive producer on the project from Showtime, Microsoft/343 Industries and Amblin Television. In making the order, the pay cabler called Halo its "most ambitious series ever."

In 2019, Otto Bathurst (Black Mirror, Robin Hood) took over helming duties two months after Wyatt departed. In March of the same year, Steven Kane (The Last Ship, The Closer) boarded Halo as co-showrunner. Kane serves alongside showrunner Killen (Lone Star, Awake) in the role. Sources at the time said the decision to bring in a second showrunner came directly from Killen, who wanted to focus on the big-budget project's stateside production — including writing and producing — as he sought a partner who was able to spend the better part of a year in Budapest during physical production on Halo. Killen is expected to be on set but not full time.

The Halo TV series was first unveiled in 2014, with Xbox Entertainment Studios nearing a deal to develop the take on its wildly popular video game. At the time, the plan called for the effort to bow first on Showtime before moving to Xbox consoles. It is unclear if the series will still be available on Xbox as well as on Showtime. The Halo video game franchise has sold more than 77 million copies worldwide and grossed more than $5 billion in sales.

The Showtime series will take place in the same universe that launched in 2001 and will dramatize an epic 26th century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future, Showtime said. A casting notice obtained by The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that the series would feature a live-action version of John/Master Chief, whose face is never fully shown in the games. Instead, the character — an imposing, genetically enhanced supersoldier — is almost exclusively seen in his iconic green armor and helmet.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...on-tv-series-moves-from-showtime-to-paramount

Anyone looking for a drama based on a true crime, The Murders at White House Farm on HBO Max was flippin great. It's a case from 1985 which has been in the news again recently so don't google it or you'll run into spoilers. Stephen Graham is brilliant as always.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11110622/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Revolves around the true story of a fateful night in August 1985 when five members of the same family are murdered at an Essex farmhouse, and the ensuing police investigation and court case that follows.

Vince Gilligan just said my name twice. Actual Louise. Not any Louise, me.

As a fan of The Rock, I felt obligated to give Young Rock on NBC a try. Frankly, I think it's quite entertaining two episodes in and will continue to watch. It's the same showrunner as the Randall Park/Constance Wu show Fresh off the Boat which ended its run last season. And that is not a surprise to me at all as the comedic sensibilities and tone so far are very similar to that series.

The show focuses on four time periods in Dwayne's life. But the one where he is a teenager in high school in PA is the one that seems most engaging so far and it is also the one that most reminds me of Fresh off the Boat. The cool thing to is that if you were a wrestling fan back in the day, there are a lot of references to appreciate. However, it is not the absolute focal point of the show and there are plenty of aspects such as the family dynamics, concerns about financial stability, trying to establish one's identity that will appeal to a broader audience too.

I'm enjoying it and hope that it does well.

Last edited:
First Official Look at Mark Millar's JUPITER LEGACY from Comic to Screen

Frank Quitely, the original comic book artist, picks up his pen again for this official first look at Mark Millar’s Jupiter's Legacy. The first generation of superheroes have kept the world safe for nearly a century. Now their children must live up to their legacy. Streaming only on Netflix May 7th, 2021.

As a fan of The Rock, I felt obligated to give Young Rock on NBC a try. Frankly, I think it's quite entertaining two episodes in and will continue to watch. It's the same showrunner as the Randall Park/Constance Wu show Fresh off the Boat which ended it's run last season. And that is not a surprise to me at all as the comedic sensibilities and tone so far are very similar to that series.

The show focuses on four time periods in Dwayne's life. But the one where he is a teenager in high school in PA is the one that seems most engaging so far and it is also the one that most reminds me of Fresh off the Boat. The cool thing to is that if you were a wrestling fan back in the day, there are a lot of references to appreciate. However, it is not the absolute focal point of the show and there are plenty of aspects such as the family dynamics, concerns about financial stability, trying to establish one's identity that will appeal to a broader audience too.

I'm enjoying it and hope that it does well.
Part of me thinks the show is Dwayne's way of showing all the bad stuff he did when he was young and putting them in a friendlier light so that it won't be used against him when he runs for president for real.

Part of me thinks the show is Dwayne's way of showing all the bad stuff he did when he was young and putting them in a friendlier light so that it won't be used against him when he runs for president for real.

haha probably.

part of me thinks he is just following Oprah’s lead and teasing the run without actually planning to go through with it. Cant envision why he would want to be president. So much stress without nearly the amount of payoff.

POWERPUFF GIRLS Live-Action Series Casts Chloe Bennet, Dove Cameron and Yana Perrault

Meet the new Powerpuff Girls. EW has learned that Chloe Bennet (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Dove Cameron (Descendants), and Yana Perrault (Jagged Little Pill musical) have been cast as the titular former superheroes in the CW's The Powerpuff Girls pilot, which is based on the Cartoon Network series.

Executive produced and written by Diablo Cody (Juno) and Heather Regnier (Veronica Mars), the prospective series picks up with the trio as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having spent their childhoods fighting crime. "Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?" the logline asks. Given the show's premise, Bennet's casting makes an enormous amount of sense since she just finished her seven season run as the heroine Quake on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Get a former superhero to play a former superhero.

Bennet has been cast as Blossom Utonium. "Though she was a spunky, conscientious, Little-Miss-Perfect child who holds several advanced degrees, Blossom's repressed kiddie-superhero trauma has left her feeling anxious and reclusive, and she aims to become a leader again — this time on her own terms," reads the character description.

Cameron (who recurred on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at one point) will play Bubbles Utonium: "Bubbles' sweet-girl disposition won America's hearts as a child. She still sparkles as an adult, but her charming exterior belies an unexpected toughness and wit. She's initially more interested in recapturing her fame than saving the world, but she just might surprise us and herself."

Perrault as Buttercup Utonium: "Buttercup was the rebellious badass of the Powerpuff Girls in its heyday. More sensitive than her tough exterior suggests, Buttercup has spent her adulthood trying to shed her Powerpuff Girl identity and live an anonymous life."

The Powerpuff Girls pilot will be directed by executive producer Maggie Kiley (Dirty John, Riverdale). Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden also serve as EPs, and Erika Kennair is a producer.

https://ew.com/tv/chloe-bennet-dove-cameron-yana-perrault-powerpuff-girls/

Preach! Excellent show with a rock solid cast. Eccelson and the red haired lady that led the "guilty remnant" were particularly amazing in their roles. It is up there with six feet under, the sopranos, the shield, and Oz, in my list of favourite shows.

Thanks for the reminder. I must have watched the first episode 4 times over the years, those chain smokers annoyed me so much. I finally decided to give it another shot and just binged most of S1 (last ep now). It's slow moving but so damn intriguing with excellent acting.

Tried out SUPERMAN & LOIS first episode. I was getting ready to hate it but it was not bad. The show kinda turned down my expectation meter significantly by setting it when Lois and Clark have teenage children (meaning, if this was an origin story or set at the start of Superman's crimefighting career, my scrutiny of the show would have been very high). As pilot episodes go, it did its job well as I was hooked to see what's going to happen.

I like Supes' new suit compared to his Supergirl appearances. I like that they padded it and made the shoulder wider. Also love his throwback costume with the black and red chest emblem. I always thought that the Lois actress looked too mature for Tyler Hoechlin's Clark but this works in her favor in light of being parents to teenage boys. They also sort of explained why Tyler looks younger than Lois (implying that Supes age slower than normal). I'm already hating the emo son. Will continue to watch the series. The first seasons of CW-Berlanti shows are usually okay, then turns into trash in the succeeding seasons.
SandL-Premiere-Banner.png
This was a real shock to me too, I really enjoyed the first ep. I tried to watch a bit of Superman in the CW Supergirl/cross over event, but they really made Supe look/act like a chump. Lois looked too old too but they both work well in the new show.

Supergirl was never good, outside the actress being super cute
Melissa-Benoists-sexy-curves.jpeg

Back