Television TV Show Thread

If anyone is looking for a unique sci-fi/drama I highly recommend Katla. It’s an Icelandic series and it’s beautifully shot, well written and acted and incredibly dark. It definitely didn’t end the way I expected and overall I’d call it beautifully tragic, bonus points for making me close my eyes and plug me ears at one point.

AffectionateBrokenBighorn-size_restricted.gif

Man . . . I haven't watched Dr. Who in probably 30 years . . . back when it was on our local PBS affiliate for a short time. Probably not enough time to even try and catch up.

Top 3 list of latest watched newer titles.

1. Mare of Easttown - Kate Winslet plays the shirt of the other actors who do a brilliant job themselves.
2. The Boys - A very surprisingly good first season followed by an equally good second. And I do not like superhero series in normal cases.
3. Invincible - To then get a cartoon on my top list which is also about superheroes makes me take off my hat. Bravo!

The stinklist.

1. WandaVision - ........vomit
2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - I am getting to old.
3. Stranger Things - The kids are at the same disturbing/annoying level as Zach Goodweather. You just want him to die!

All time best Top 3 list.

1. Deadwood - We need more Ian McShane!!
2. Rome - A series that ended far too soon.
3. Hannibal - Best version of Hannibal Lector. Some of the better episodes are like watching art figuratively speaking.

Top 3 list of latest watched newer titles.

1. Mare of Easttown - Kate Winslet plays the shirt of the other actors who do a brilliant job themselves.
2. The Boys - A very surprisingly good first season followed by an equally good second. And I do not like superhero series in normal cases.
3. Invincible - To then get a cartoon on my top list which is also about superheroes makes me take off my hat. Bravo!

The stinklist.

1. WandaVision - ........vomit
2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - I am getting to old.
3. Stranger Things - The kids are at the same disturbing/annoying level as Zach Goodweather. You just want him to die!

All time best Top 3 list.

1. Deadwood - We need more Ian McShane!!
2. Rome - A series that ended far too soon.
3. Hannibal - Best version of Hannibal Lector. Some of the better episodes are like watching art figuratively speaking.
I really liked the 1st episode of Mare, been waiting for more episodes so I can binge

Rome was so amazing. I was disappointed at first when they didn't show any battles (they do later of course), but I loved every second of it.

These guys were one of the best duos to ever grace a screen
tumblr_npf2c8CqMY1qbar1do5_250.gifv

The first 2 seasons of Hannibal were incredible. I actually had to take a break from it at one point because it was so disturbing, and few things bother me in a tv show/movie. It was this scene
79556-1532336916.jpg

tumblr_ng89jxs0xT1sp9f4bo5_500.gifv

483480_original.jpg

Mads was perfectly cast. He was hilarious and terrifying.

I'm watching Manifest right now. It's about a 6.5/7 out of 10, but I'm liking the mystery. I hear it's getting picked up again by Netflix, since it was cancelled, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I love the Indian doctor, mesmerizing eyes!
uSW2x9Ml.jpg

Last edited:
She wasn't really the main problem. I was down for a female Doctor, just like I was down for a female Jedi lead in the Disney SW trilogy. Like that abomination, it was the awful writing and agenda-driven showrunner Chris Chibnell that ruined Doctor Who. I just watched her in a BBC detective show called Broadchurch. She's excellent in it, amazing series, and I believe Chibnell was the showrunner there.

In fact, the best Doctor is in Broadchurch with her, along with many other DW actors.
PM_20704823.jpg

It's crazy how great that was and how terrible her run as the Doc was.

She did herself and the series little service by shitting on the fans when the ratings started tanking. It didn't help either that she did little to no research on the series, or the previous Doctor's. She and Chibnell weren't fans of the show, but like Nick Meyer proved (director of Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan) you don't have to be a fan of what you're making, so long as you put in the love, care, and time to understand it.

Her and Chibnell's run with Doctor Who was 90% beyond far left politics. I know I've taken some pot shots at your politics, but believe me man, from the writing room, to casting, this was agenda over anything. They butchered the lore so badly, I don't think it can be salvaged. It needs a long pause at the very least.

This is the epitome of get woke go broke.
He and Matt are it for me. Him mainly, I only REALLY started watching it again because of him.

He and Matt are it for me. Him mainly, I only REALLY started watching it again because of him.
Me too. I wasn't a fan of Christopher Eccleston's Dr. It put me off of it, so I didn't catch it until years later. David Tennant is such a great actor.

He was so good as Killgrave, the best Marvel on-screen villain yet, well he and Fisk on Netflix's Daredevil. Thanos was great too, but those two were amazing.

He was the real star of Jessica Jones

Me too. I wasn't a fan of Christopher Eccleston's Dr. It put me off of it, so I didn't catch it until years later. David Tennant is such a great actor.

He was so good as Killgrave, the best Marvel on-screen villain yet, well he and Fisk on Netflix's Daredevil. Thanos was great too, but those two were amazing.

He was the real star of Jessica Jones
Yes, he was terrifying in JJ.
I always watched the Christmas specials of Dr Who at my mum's so she saw it with me, his first year. He was in a drama where he was a stalker before Dr Who, let's say certain scenes you don't want your mother to watch.

Yes, he was terrifying in JJ.
I always watched the Christmas specials of Dr Who at my mum's so she saw it with me, his first year. He was in a drama where he was a stalker before Dr Who, let's say certain scenes you don't want your mother to watch.
Out of likes, but yeah, he was actually frightening as Killgrave, sinister bastard lol. What was he a stalker in?

Out of likes, but yeah, he was actually frightening as Killgrave, sinister bastard lol. What was he a stalker in?
It was called Secret Smile, just a mini series on ITV but good.
Watching the Dr Who special at my mum's on Christmas Day and her saying that she'd seen him in that and I remembered the words "I know that mouth, I've cum in it". I just wanted the sofa to swallow me up.

It was called Secret Smile, just a mini series on ITV but good.
Watching the Dr Who special at my mum's on Christmas Day and her saying that she'd seen him in that and I remembered the words "I know that mouth, I've cum in it". I just wanted the sofa to swallow me up.
Haha oh man!
<{anton}>

Finished Katla yesterday . . . holy crap . . . I bet some of those scenes were hard to film. Sheesh.

Amazon's LORD OF THE RINGS TV Series Gets Sept. 2, 2022 Premiere Date; First Look Image Released

39473849e1.jpg
That looks gorgeous, and I want to be hopeful. I'd be more apprehensive if this was Netflix, as Amazon has turned out some quality productions,. Hopefully they knock this out of the park. I'm hopeful for the Wheel of Time series too. I never bothered to finish the books once Robert Jordan died. I think that comes out in a couple of months?

Sneak Peek for STRANGER THINGS Season 4 Offers Glimpses of New Footage

New COBRA KAI Season 4 Promo Teases the All Valley Karate Tournament

It’s not just a tournament, it’s the battle for the soul of the valley. Legends will be born in Cobra Kai Season 4, coming this December to Netflix.

First Trailer for Y: THE LAST MAN is Finally Here; Premieres Sept. 13 on FX on Hulu

Based on DC Comics’ acclaimed series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, Y: The Last Man traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event decimates every mammal with a Y chromosome but for one cisgender man and his pet monkey. The series follows the survivors in this new world as they struggle with their efforts to restore what was lost and the opportunity to build something better.

Back