Television TV Show Thread

New Future Man!

I know people posted here about it but theres no search function on mobile. Or I'm dumb and dont see it

I'm watching Netflix shows I download at work now seeing as how there's nothing to do at work but I still gotta come in. I'm halfway through Godless which is better than I expected. The main cat is pretty good I've seen him in something else and it's got a pretty good cast besides him including Jeff Daniels.

I'm watching Netflix shows I download at work now seeing as how there's nothing to do at work but I still gotta come in. I'm halfway through Godless which is better than I expected. The main cat is pretty good I've seen him in something else and it's got a pretty good cast besides him including Jeff Daniels.
Jardine and Cerrone are in it iirc. Dont see Cowboy that much though. Hes part of Jeff's gang.

@Fork

the introduction to the "unknown event", so ominous yet captivating. I hate waiting for the eps to drop, especially during this quarantine

@Fork

the introduction to the "unknown event", so ominous yet captivating. I hate waiting for the eps to drop, especially during this quarantine

hahaha, for real man.

since i feel like we had a lot of this information already last episode wasn't so mindblowing for me, but it was great to get that conversation between lily and katie. kenton's coming to fuck the universe up though.

Started Freud... quit at episode 2.
Boring, and Sherlock Freud isn’t working for me.

Started Alienist, but after 2... can’t get into it either, psychoanalyst detective solving boy prostitute crimes... not feelin it.

Hannnibal, I’ll prolly return too 3rd episode, but it’s a bit grizzly for me; we’ll see.

Started Godless, episode 2 and enjoying it.
Nothin beats a good western with a story.
Amirite...
original.gif

Started Freud... quit at episode 2.
Boring, and Sherlock Freud isn’t working for me.

Started Alienist, but after 2... can’t get into it either, psychoanalyst detective solving boy prostitute crimes... not feelin it.

Hannnibal, I’ll prolly return too 3rd episode, but it’s a bit grizzly for me; we’ll see.

Started Godless, episode 2 and enjoying it.
Nothin beats a good western with a story.
Amirite...
original.gif

Godless is pretty good. The guy who played Roy Goode is turning into a pretty good actor. I first saw him in skins UK version with the wife and he did a good job as a shit disturbing lil shit.

Godless is pretty good. The guy who played Roy Goode is turning into a pretty good actor. I first saw him in skins UK version with the wife and he did a good job as a shit disturbing lil shit.
I just finished it.
Loved it. A traditional western with some modern themes and a good amount of magical realism. I liked how it ended in a traditional ending Shane esque/lone hero manner.

Last edited:
I just finished it.
Loved it. A traditional western with some modern themes and a good amount of magical realism. I liked how it ended in a traditional ending Shane esque/line hero.

I don't watch a lot of westerns but I have a lot of time at work right now to watch stuff on my tablet and figured hell it's only 7 episodes I'll give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't really like the sheriff's sister but whatever overall I thought most everybody did their job well.

For any Sopranos fans Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa have a show talking about the show

Just got into Mr. Inbetween. Only a few episodes in but it's great.

@22k

not more than even a few minutes into the latest episode of Devs, but...

UnlawfulColorlessAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead. Bruce Campbell is a national treasure.

I don't watch a lot of westerns but I have a lot of time at work right now to watch stuff on my tablet and figured hell it's only 7 episodes I'll give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't really like the sheriff's sister but whatever overall I thought most everybody did their job well.
Reading the posts about Godless got me in the mood for a similar show. Anyone ever see Tin Star? Heard varying things.

Funny, I just watched this. Had wanted to since back in '17 and finally got around to it now. I thought it was awesome. I'm a sucker for westerns and a good one in this day and age is all the better since the genre is nowhere near as prevalent as it was decades ago.

Yeah Jack O'Connell. Very solid British actor. He's great on this show. Very cool characterization that hearkens back to the quiet, introspective, but tough heroes that were common in the genre. Michelle Dockery from Downton Abbey, awesome on the show as well. Funny how easily and convincingly British actors can do American accents.

Daniels steals pretty much every scene he's in. What a great actor. Capable of a good performance in any genre.

Sick cast top to bottom- Merritt Weaver, Scoot McNairy, etc.

Jardine and Cerrone are in it iirc. Dont see Cowboy that much though. Hes part of Jeff's gang.

Only time I spotted Cerrone
was in the final shootout when he got got. I had no idea he was in it (knew Jardine was) going in but when that happened, I could see his face so visibly that I was like, oh man that's gotta be Cowboy.

Jardine has very good screen presence. He was only prominent in one scene where it flashes back to Roy bailing on the gang (once he's received the letter from him brother), but he really operates perfectly as a tough-as-nails heavy. Same was true for his role in Inherent Vice with Joaquin Phoenix. He could portray those intimidating heels in his sleep.

Hope he continues to get a bunch of acting roles. He seems to have been doing well for himself since retiring from mma.

Really liked Scoot McNairy as the sheriff. Good character actor. When he and Daniels and the gang crossed paths- palpable tension in that scene.

@22k

not more than even a few minutes into the latest episode of Devs, but...

UnlawfulColorlessAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

fucking Kenton. Jamie has some shit ass luck. & I Knew the bum would somehow be a hero

I'm late to the party, but I've only started watching The Sopranos within the last few weeks. Currently on Season 4.

I've obviously known about it for years but just never got round to watching it.

Back