Law Two Chicago officers shot, officers turn backs on mayor.

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After two officers were shot, one fatally, officers turned their backs on mayor Lori lightfoot as she entered the hospital. The father of the officer that survived reportedly gave her an earful. This is a show of disrespect given to leaders that have been less than supportive to police in the past. It has also happened to mayors Bloomberg and de blasio in nyc.

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-cops-turn-backs-mayor-122116775.html

Democrat mayors have spent their words and energy blaming law enforcement instead of the criminals for all problems in their cities. The looting, shoplifting, vandalism, shootings, homicides and destruction of Democrat cities.

This turns the good people in law enforcement off. Many cops are walking away from their careers or at least contemplating it. And many cops are now realizing its better for them to let the criminals run free than try to enforce the law and be tried in a court of law by Democrats who want political points with their criminally infested communities. The cops know they face getting killed or they face the Democrats trying to prosecute them for trying to do their job. (and yes I know there are some bad cops out there)

Last edited:
After two officers were shot, one fatally, officers turned their backs on mayor Lori lightfoot as she entered the hospital. The father of the officer that survived reportedly gave her an earful. This is a show of disrespect given to leaders that have been less than supportive to police in the past. It has also happened to mayors Bloomberg and de blasio in nyc.

"John Catanzara, the president of the Chicago police union, told the Sun-Times that the officers' decision to turn their backs on Lightfoot was 'significant.'

'Turning their backs on the mayor was an excellent example of how the hundreds of police officers felt waiting outside the hospital,' Catanzara said, adding that officers no longer support Lightfoot's leadership.

'They have had enough and are no longer going to remain silent anymore,' said the union boss.

The shooting of the officers occurred on another violent summer weekend in the nation's third largest city, with at least 64 people shot, 10 fatally, by Sunday afternoon."

I find it entirely possible that the 2022 elections may be a historic collapse for Democrats. There's a multitude of policy decisions in just the last 18 months that have lead to where we are now...

If only we can find Conservative leadership that can actually step up... and I'm not confident in that

Democrat mayors have spent their words and energy blaming law enforcement instead of the criminals for all problems in their cities. The looting, shoplifting, vandalism, shootings, homicides and destruction of Democrat cities.

This turns the good people in law enforcement off. Many cops are walking away from their careers or at least contemplating it. And many cops are now realizing its better for them to let the criminals run free than try to enforce the law and be tried in a court of law by Democrats who want political points with their criminally infested communities. The cops know they face getting killed or they face the Democrats trying to prosecute them for trying to do their job. (and yes I know there are some bad cops out there)

I had one walk away yesterday and agreed to work for me in hotel security for better pay

If I were her I'd definitely defund the police now.

If I were her I'd definitely defund the police now.
Like even more than she is doing?

Obviously the problem in Chicago is the cops.

Good, and turning their backs was too mild. And lol at her fucking comment about emotions, and dismissing/minimizing it.

Like even more than she is doing?

Obviously the problem in Chicago is the cops.

Good, and turning their backs was too mild. And lol at her fucking comment about emotions, and dismissing/minimizing it.

yeah, she is quick to jump on the cops when they shoot and armed person and there are protests. She should be backing the officers which is why they turned their backs

She started a expensive oversight board, shes came out against the police after every major incident.

Yeah they're not close, but i guess its good that she never actually tried to defund the police. In fact she was criticized for giving a part of the covid relief to the police

"John Catanzara, the president of the Chicago police union, told the Sun-Times that the officers' decision to turn their backs on Lightfoot was 'significant.'

'Turning their backs on the mayor was an excellent example of how the hundreds of police officers felt waiting outside the hospital,' Catanzara said, adding that officers no longer support Lightfoot's leadership.

'They have had enough and are no longer going to remain silent anymore,' said the union boss.

The shooting of the officers occurred on another violent summer weekend in the nation's third largest city, with at least 64 people shot, 10 fatally, by Sunday afternoon."

I find it entirely possible that the 2022 elections may be a historic collapse for Democrats. There's a multitude of policy decisions in just the last 18 months that have lead to where we are now...

If only we can find Conservative leadership that can actually step up... and I'm not confident in that
The cops should refuse to stop the mobs that protest against her. Her words, her battles, her consequences.

Back