News Two legendary Asian MWs agree to fight

Hope they book this. Its always refreshing watching ONE cards with all their awesome productions and very organized setting. I'm very much looking forward to Sexyama's fight though. He was supposed to fight this month :(

Pretty amazing that Okami is even still fighting.

He was definitely one of the best MWs at one point.

Just turned 40 years old. Debuted back in 2002. Fought Silva for the tittle exactly a decade ago. He is fighting Aung La for a shot at the ONE MW tittle in 2022. Respect.

Aung La got manhandled by RDR lol :(:eek:

I'm very much looking forward to Sexyama's fight though.
3568783652_0c29d91c81_o.gif

This shouldn't be a title eliminator. Okami should be nowhere near the belt in 2021 and absolutely nobody needs to see De Ridder Vs Aung La III.

Aung La got manhandled by RDR lol :(:eek:

Terrible match up for Aung La.
De Ridder is not slouch anyways so I dont get the laughs. He is huge for the division, a great grapper and regular training partner of Gegard Mousasi.

This shouldn't be a title eliminator. Okami should be nowhere near the belt in 2021 and absolutely nobody needs to see De Ridder Vs Aung La III.

The last ONE WW tittle fight - a pretty good one btw - was contested between two guys that had just gotten his tittle shot off beating Okami, in fairly competitive fights. He also won his last fight.

So I dont see why he should be so far from a shot at the belt in a division as thin as ONE MW. Aung La is tough fight from him at this very late stage in his career though.

Hope they book this. Its always refreshing watching ONE cards with all their awesome productions and very organized setting. I'm very much looking forward to Sexyama's fight though. He was supposed to fight this month :(

The last ONE WW tittle fight - a pretty good one btw - was contested between two guys that had just gotten his tittle shot off beating Okami, in fairly competitive fights. He also won his last fight.

So I dont see why he should be so far from a shot at the belt in a division as thin as ONE MW. Aung La is tough fight from him at this very late stage in his career though.

I don't recall the Nakashima fight being especially competitive, but maybe my memory of it is off. I think Aung La is going to KO him anyway personally, which leaves us with a third De Ridder fight.

His chin is pretty much gone yeah, since long time ago. His physicality also tailed off considerably imo.
But he still has the kind of grappling prowess and lenght that could give problems to Aung La, as De Ridder gave him.
This was my thought too. Aung La has some pretty good stand up but his ground game is abysmal. I could see Okami giving him trouble depending on just how shot he really is.

I don't recall the Nakashima fight being especially competitive, but maybe my memory of it is off. I think Aung La is going to KO him anyway personally, which leaves us with a third De Ridder fight.

I mean, Nakashima clearly won. But he had to work hard for it in every round and actually Okami ended strong.

I think in case Aung La wins, they will give him another fight while De Ridder defends his tittle - vs Bigdash I guess.

In case Okami wins this, he will probably get the shot coming off two wins, one of them being Aung La, and having good name recognition.

I do think Aung La is gonna get the KO too, but its an intriguing match up because of Okami's grappling prowess imo.

Back