October 9th Tyson Fury Vs. Deontay Wilder 3

Trilogy Winner?

• Total voters
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/08/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-3-being-moved-to-february-2021/

Bob Arum is talking about wanting to move the trilogy match between WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder to early February if they’re unable to stage the fight in front of fans on December 19th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

fck that! This fight is holding up other, better fights. And who’s to say that fans will be back by February. Especially in a country where there is still 1500 deaths per day, and where wearing a mask is political? (selfish thick cunts)

Make the fight this year or delay the fckin fight and let fury fight white for his mandatory

fck that! This fight is holding up other, better fights. And who’s to say that fans will be back by February. Especially in a country where there is still 1500 deaths per day, and where wearing a mask is political? (selfish thick cunts)

Make the fight this year or delay the fckin fight and let fury fight white for his mandatory
What’s the better fight? Whyte? Not holding anything else up and WBC has already stated where they stand on this and want the licensing fee from the bigger fight

Obviously Wilder can force the fight this year as per contract but getting the extras millions in gate revenue is probably pretty important

They should just make Fury vs AJ in Saoudie Arabia. No gate problems there, ppv numbers will be insane.

Wtf, ufc is still making the big fights with no fans. Is the gate that important?
Yeah.
Calculate for example arena with 10000 - 40000 or even more tickets +also vip tables & expensive sectors and vip lodges = not bad money. Ofc in modern era broadcasting brings more $ than live gate but still live gate = very serious ammount of $ even after expenses on arena etc deducted.......

Wtf, ufc is still making the big fights with no fans. Is the gate that important?
UFC is paid upfront for the entire year by Disney/ESPN, in lieu of them having to depend on PPV revenue.

while the gate is important, the UFC has to put on the shows not to violate their contract with ESPN, which could mean them not getting paid or having to pay back ESPN for content not delivered

Yeah.
Calculate for example arena with 10000 - 40000 or even more tickets +also vip tables & expensive sectors and vip lodges = not bad money. Ofc in modern era broadcasting brings more $ than live gate but still live gate = very serious ammount of $ even after expenses on arena etc deducted.......
I get that, but seriously Arun has been around since the Spanish flu, he knows damn well the fight has to this year, and covid will be around for a while. With no gate it's still pretty good revenue. I'm not hiding my bias as a fan, and want everyone to get paid.

UFC is paid upfront for the entire year by Disney/ESPN, in lieu of them having to depend on PPV revenue.

while the gate is important, the UFC has to put on the shows not to violate their contract with ESPN, which could mean them not getting paid or having to pay back ESPN for content not delivered
You're right, I forgot ufc business model, but the point kinda stands, Dana is losing money but found solutions, like the fight island. Which turned out great, and I think the Masvida VS usman fight made close to 1m ppv buys.

I think the inactivity would be worse for Wilder than it would be for Fury.

I think the inactivity would be worse for Wilder than it would be for Fury.

Wilder needs to come up with a plan for beating Fury and then have time to practice it enough that he can hope to implement it. We have seen what can happen to Fury when he has too much time on his side.

You're right, I forgot ufc business model, but the point kinda stands, Dana is losing money but found solutions, like the fight island. Which turned out great, and I think the Masvida VS usman fight made close to 1m ppv buys.
It did well over 1m ppv buys damn near last minute. Man just make Spence vs Crawford boxing and call it a year.

It did well over 1m ppv buys damn near last minute. Man just make Spence vs Crawford boxing and call it a year.
Spence isn’t taking Crawford on first fight back. He has his hands full with García too.
The live gate would be important for that fight and the PPV numbers would have to be right. It has to be split between 2 promoters, fighters, and 2 networks

where as other than ppv percentage numbers, nothing goes to the fighters and everything just goes to ESPN. And they are under the same promotional banner

I get that, but seriously Arun has been around since the Spanish flu, he knows damn well
Exactly, boxe with live gates was big money for big shows before even TV appeared.
Therefore historically boxe had business model with live gates that later added broadcasting.
MMA, especially UFC = fight shows appeared in time when TV + cable TV and even internet was there.
----
Ofc big shows in boxe more are relying on broadcasting: TV, net, but before covid live gates at bare minimum usually with a glance covered at least all undercards purses, even some % from main cards + and associated expenses, expeneses for arena etc etc. broadcasting = big purses and so on + $ after this too. Now most likely for plenty of boxing businessmans is not easy to adapt for new model.( I mean covidshit : imagine what impact this does have ).

Last edited:
Anyone surprised, have a word. Boxing is the only sport where opponents and dates are just words in the ether.

Back