October 9th Tyson Fury Vs. Deontay Wilder 3

Trilogy Winner?

• Total voters
Can you learn from a loss if you don’t acknowledge it?

Lose
Accept it
Acknowledge what went wrong
Address those issues
Come back a better fighter

If you skip steps 2-5, I tend to think the same issues which lead to the loss are at a minimum, there to be exposed again.

Wilder always has that big right hand problem solver, but if he hasn’t improved himself, he is somewhat destined to be beaten by the few elite guys (Fury/AJ) who can avoid his big shot &/or put him on his heels.
Exactly if you don't acknowledge what went wrong, they you can't learn from it and then you can't improve. Fury clearly demonstrated an excellent change of strategy to beat Wilder the second time out. I don't see any sign of such an approach by Wilder. He's too busy complaining about his costume or how his water got doped.

Last edited:
i thought fury was fighting joshua next?

fuck me i can't keep up.

For all his mental issues and silly antics Fury always shows up in decent shape and focused when the stakes are high. Whether if he fights AJ or Wilder a third time this will likely be the case.
He has when he's gotten in the ring but then again, he did drop out for the Wladimir rematch due to those mental issues

Lose
Accept it
Address those issues

If you skip steps 2-5, I tend to think the same issues which lead to the loss are at a minimum, there to be exposed again.

Wilder always has that big right hand problem solver, but if he hasn’t improved himself, he is somewhat destined to be beaten by the few elite guys (Fury/AJ) who can avoid his big shot &/or put him on his heels.

Lose
Accept it
Address those issues

Yes, there are plenty of fighters who make excuses for loses and still go on to have succeful careers or regain belts.

Exactly if you don't acknowledge what went wrong, they you can learn from it and then you can't improve. Fury clearly demonstrated an excellent change of strategy to beat Wilder the second time out. I don't see any sign of such an approach by Wilder. He's too busy complaining about his costume or how his water got doped.
Agreed.

Generally speaking, the narrative of the rematch, or rubber match (or whatever they would call this third fight) is hinged one the adjustments the losing fighter makes.

Coming Off the draw, Fury’s “big bully” / “bully the bully” strategy was brilliant.
Wilder really looked lost having to fight off his back foot and getting pushed around.

If they do a third fight, will Deontay be stuck in the “just gotta land one big punch” mentality? (The same one that failed him last time, is he still convinced that everything is his coach’s fault or his costume?)

The only way I could see Wilder winning is if Tyson Fury gets fat and loses focus and spends more time drinking and blowing lines than training.

So six weeks after it was “signed”, no date and no venue. Shitshow.

So six weeks after it was “signed”, no date and no venue. Shitshow.

It’s gonna be in Saudi Arabia, either end of July or start of august. the exact date and venue will be announced soon I’d imagine

Back