October 9th Tyson Fury Vs. Deontay Wilder 3

Trilogy Winner?

• Total voters
All the people writing Wilder off seem to have forgotten that Fury is legit diagnosed mentally ill, not consistent, and does not handle success very well.
Like it or not that plays into what type of fighter he truly is. If he's back to his addictions and unhealthy lifestyle it be a little foolish to think he walks through anyone again.

All the people writing Wilder off seem to have forgotten that Fury is legit diagnosed mentally ill, not consistent, and does not handle success very well.
Like it or not that plays into what type of fighter he truly is. If he's back to his addictions and unhealthy lifestyle it be a little foolish to think he walks through anyone again.

Yeah, it's sad when people know they are an addict/alcoholic, better off sober, and then go back to drinking/drugging. It's definitely a mental issue as much as anything. Fury just can't seem to get out of his own way sometimes. It always catches up with you somehow.

Yeah, it's sad when people know they are an addict/alcoholic, better off sober, and then go back to drinking/drugging. It's definitely a mental issue as much as anything. Fury just can't seem to get out of his own way sometimes. It always catches up with you somehow.
Its also a built in excuse for if/when you lose. Or to stall. I firmly believe he could not handle the pressure and possibility of losing the wlad rematch. Hes been proving his critiques wrong for so long its his identity.

From an iFL TV interview yesterday...
Tyson Fury: “I’ve stopped training now, I’m on holiday. I‘m doing anywhere between, eight, 10, 12 pints of lager a day at the minute. Not eating though, so I’m getting my calories through alcohol.”

“There’s nothing to do, is there? I’ve done training, training, training with no further process. It’s one of those things: at the minute I’m just chilling out, being a man of leisure in lockdown.”
[timestamped]

Do we believe Fury here, as others in the boxing community believe he's back to his old drinking/partying ways, or is he just heavily exaggerating as usual or even lying (as he does every other sentence)?

Being a fight fan is frustrating enough but being a Fury fan? It's unbearable.

He is defiantly exaggerating but recent pictures show a fair bit more weight gain. He was really dedicated to training between fights he said he needed that for his mental health but last month or so seems like he has stopped training so it’s a concern in my view

For all his mental issues and silly antics Fury always shows up in decent shape and focused when the stakes are high. Whether if he fights AJ or Wilder a third time this will likely be the case.

Last edited:
If this shit came out of AJ or Hearns mouth it would be a flat out duck.

Hope whoever Fury fights next knocks the cunt out.

For all his mental issues and silly antics Fury always shows up in decent shape and focused when the stakes are high. Whether if he fights AJ or Wilder a third time this will likely be the case.
Yes fine as long as it’s 2021

Its also a built in excuse for if/when you lose. Or to stall. I firmly believe he could not handle the pressure and possibility of losing the wlad rematch. Hes been proving his critiques wrong for so long its his identity.

Yeah pressure had a big part to play. To be fair to fury he always took unwarranted shit from the uk media prior to beating wlad, probably because he was a traveller as much as anything else. That went in to overdrive after he beat wlad as he was happy to offer up his outdated ‘Christian’ opinions, and got hammered for it.

I think the media also had a big part to play in his losing it, and the addiction issues. Coke and alcohol binges are very much part of our culture these days as well. He seems far more stable nowadays

If this shit came out of AJ or Hearns mouth it would be a flat out duck.

Hope whoever Fury fights next knocks the cunt out.

report on sky saying that this is days away from being announced. Fingers crossed

It is funny how fans judge some of these fighters. Joshua seems to be held to a higher standard for some reason. He’s clearly got the best resume yet people still claim he doesn’t fight the best guys? Can you imagine if Joshua had ducked wilder to face that day version of fury. He would have been fckin hammered, yet wilder chases that fight instead of his agreement with AJ, and it’s a ‘good move’. Fckin laughable

I also don’t think it’s gonna be easy to make a 3rd wilder fight anyway. Fury is clearly the a side, and champion now. Is wilder likely to make those concessions and possibly fight in England? Possibly not

Fair point but we mustn't forget that Wilder himself has had something of a meltdown himself with all the ridiculous excuses he had for losing. I'd be concerned with Wilder's mental state as well, as he clearly does not deal with losing very well.

report on sky saying that this is days away from being announced. Fingers crossed

It is funny how fans judge some of these fighters. Joshua seems to be held to a higher standard for some reason. He’s clearly got the best resume yet people still claim he doesn’t fight the best guys? Can you imagine if Joshua had ducked wilder to face that day version of fury. He would have been fckin hammered, yet wilder chases that fight instead of his agreement with AJ, and it’s a ‘good move’. Fckin laughable

I also don’t think it’s gonna be easy to make a 3rd wilder fight anyway. Fury is clearly the a side, and champion now. Is wilder likely to make those concessions and possibly fight in England? Possibly not
Shouldnt be an issue on the location. Fury wants to fight in Vegas, and Wilder will go anywhere the money is.

Assuming of course these two hold their mental states together and continue fighting.

Fair point but we mustn't forget that Wilder himself has had something of a meltdown himself with all the ridiculous excuses he had for losing. I'd be concerned with Wilder's mental state as well, as he clearly does not deal with losing very well.
Wilder definitely has become a nutty dude. Millions of dollars, fame, reality TV, world title, and being a giant bad ass dude isn't healthy for the ego of most.

Does he show signs of going off the deep end???For sure.

Are we Dr.s capable of diagnosing him with mental illness and or brain damage??? No.
I think thats the biggest difference. Fury is a legit addict and has severe mental illness diagnosed by Drs.

I also wouldn't put it past Fury as just gamesmanship and trying to mind fuck both Wilder & Joshua.

Joshua is always going to be looked at sceptically because he's such an industry groomed figure and went the "official" way with every career move he made, not that its wrong of him, or that the criticism is unfair, it is in a lot of cases, but thats just the way it goes.

I still dont know that the fight happens this year. Neither Top Rank or Matchroom have given details on the location that makes me confident its secure. Fury definitely doesnt fancy his chances without a warmup, and he's right to. He beat Wlad and Wilder when he was active, he knows how important it is, especially for a fight this tough

Wilder definitely has become a nutty dude. Millions of dollars, fame, reality TV, world title, and being a giant bad ass dude isn't healthy for the ego of most.

Does he show signs of going off the deep end???For sure.

Are we Dr.s capable of diagnosing him with mental illness and or brain damage??? No.
I think thats the biggest difference. Fury is a legit addict and has severe mental illness diagnosed by Drs.

I also wouldn't put it past Fury as just gamesmanship and trying to mind fuck both Wilder & Joshua.

Ok so the only difference between the two is Fury has been officially diagnosed and Wilder hasn't. However, I don't need to be a doctor to tell you Wilder is highly delusional. We'll see how he does in his comeback fight.

Ok so the only difference between the two is Fury has been officially diagnosed and Wilder hasn't. However, I don't need to be a doctor to tell you Wilder is highly delusional. We'll see how he does in his comeback fight.
A lot of pro fighters are about losses though.
I think some of these guys can't accept the loss on all levels because then they have nothing to motivate them if they truly believe the better man won. He knows he can't get much better at his age with his effort or lack there of. So he has to create this persona and false narrative. I guess that could eventually lead into mental illness.
If people want to write him off as a clown fine that makes sense. However, I'm not willing to write him off as a top 3 guy in the world in the the ring after 1 bad performance.

Shouldnt be an issue on the location. Fury wants to fight in Vegas, and Wilder will go anywhere the money is.

Assuming of course these two hold their mental states together and continue fighting.
Live from the Shady Acers mental hospital!

I think some of these guys can't accept the loss on all levels because then they have nothing to motivate them if they truly believe the better man won. He knows he can't get much better at his age with his effort or lack there of. So he has to create this persona and false narrative. I guess that could eventually lead into mental illness.
If people want to write him off as a clown fine that makes sense. However, I'm not willing to write him off as a top 3 guy in the world in the the ring after 1 bad performance.
I won't write him off just yet because I think he deserves to show what he's got in the ring but I'm not hopeful. Whenever I've seen fighters act so delusional after a big loss they don't often come back as they were.

Why would Fury take a fight with a guy he outboxed in the first and battered in the second only to have the man make up lies and discredit his character and allow his fanbase to make up ridiculous conspiracy theories. I wouldnt be surprised if any top fighter black balls him from the sport after all of that nonsense.

Can you learn from a loss if you don’t acknowledge it?

Lose
Accept it
Acknowledge what went wrong
Address those issues
Come back a better fighter

If you skip steps 2-5, I tend to think the same issues which lead to the loss are at a minimum, there to be exposed again.

Wilder always has that big right hand problem solver, but if he hasn’t improved himself, he is somewhat destined to be beaten by the few elite guys (Fury/AJ) who can avoid his big shot &/or put him on his heels.

Back