International [U.S COVID Vaccine News] CDC to Lift COVID-19 Testing Requirement for international Travelers

Conveniently, CDC no longer monitors breakthroughs....................................

Beginning May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections to investigating only those among patients who are hospitalized or die, thereby focusing on the cases of highest clinical and public health significance.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e3.htm
--------------------

even then, it's not an active monitor

seems like they have no faith in the vaccinations, if we can even call them that. Essentially, pre-meds.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.11.21261885v1

they only have 53% efficacy in prevention, does that even count if that bad?

Conveniently, CDC no longer monitors breakthroughs....................................

Beginning May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections to investigating only those among patients who are hospitalized or die, thereby focusing on the cases of highest clinical and public health significance.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e3.htm
--------------------

even then, it's not an active monitor

seems like they have no faith in the vaccinations, if we can even call them that. Essentially, pre-meds.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.11.21261885v1

they only have 53% efficacy in prevention, does that even count if that bad?
The VE has ranged from as low as 39% in other countries to as high as 89% in our own during the Delta dominant period. The most comprehensive figure in the USA I posted in here recently was 79% (but that VE diminishes 22% with each month since the vaccine).

Ivermectin, meanwhile, requires 2 doses spaces 48-72 hours apart, and only maintained effectiveness in reducing the spread of the disease for a month after that dosage. That's in the studies like those in India or Argentina that showed a positive benefit at all.

Yet for some reason people are obsessed with Ivermectin. It makes no sense. The truth is if the government prescribed Ivermectin to every American, requiring that drug for work rights in public spaces, suddenly, every American anti-vaxxer would become anti-Ivermectin overnight.

This reluctance is not founded on education or reason. That's why the incredibly low rate of side effects of the vaccine, for example, most notably in comparison to the disease itself, are ignored.

I don't understand, why are all these people taking up precious hospital beds now when they don't trust actual doctors?! Why not just stay home and continue self-medicating with their miracle cures?! o_O
____

The US is averaging 100,000 daily COVID-19 hospitalizations for the first time since February
By Jake Epstein | Aug 30, 2021

The US is averaging over 100,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations a day for the first time since February, before many were eligible to get vaccinated, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

In the past two months, hospitalizations across the country have increased by nearly 500%, The Times reported. Florida claims the country's highest hospitalizations tally with 16,457, the US Department of Health and Human Services said.

The Times reported that this month, one in five American ICUs reached or exceeded 95% capacity.

"I've never seen anything quite like it," Shannon Byrd, a doctor in Knoxville, Tennessee, told The Times. "It's bringing whole families down and tearing families apart. They're dying in droves and leaving surviving loved ones with a lot of funerals to go to."

Byrd said the vast majority of the people hospitalized with COVID-19 were unvaccinated.

Meanwhile, deaths have climbed to 1,000 a day for the first time since March, the report said.

A forecast from researchers at the University of Washington found that the US was on track to record another 100,000 COVID-19 deaths by December 1, adding to the more than 637,500 deaths recorded.

Experts told the Associated Press that the prediction can fluctuate based on people's behavior, and some said mask-wearing in public spaces could cut the predicted death toll.

"Behavior is really going to determine if, when, and how sustainably the current wave subsides," Lauren Ancel Meyers, the director of the University of Texas' COVID-19 Modeling Consortium, told the AP. "We cannot stop Delta in its tracks, but we can change our behavior overnight."

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-averages-100000-daily-covid-19-hospitalizations-again-2021-8?amp

Any actual data that supports the “vast majority were unvaccinated?” They don’t track breakthrough cases anymore in CA and other states. I know this because all the cases flowing through around me are breakthrough.

The VE has ranged from as low as 39% in other countries to as high as 89% in our own during the Delta dominant period. The most comprehensive figure in the USA I posted in here recently was 79% (but that VE diminishes 22% with each month since the vaccine).

Ivermectin, meanwhile, requires 2 doses spaces 48-72 hours apart, and only maintained effectiveness in reducing the spread of the disease for a month after that dosage. That's in the studies like those in India or Argentina that showed a positive benefit at all.

Yet for some reason people are obsessed with Ivermectin. It makes no sense. The truth is if the government prescribed Ivermectin to every American, requiring that drug for work rights in public spaces, suddenly, every American anti-vaxxer would become anti-Ivermectin overnight.

This reluctance is not founded on education or reason. That's why the incredibly low rate of side effects of the vaccine, for example, most notably in comparison to the disease itself, are ignored.
I’m not saying no to vaccines, we clearly need both solutions, a pre/post covid med. CDC hiding details about the vaccine is simply anti science, shilling for big pharmacy.

For my heart checked out. I only had 4 irregular events in a day. The doc said I should be ok. So I scheduled a Pfizer shot for October 1st

What made you choose Pfizer over Moderna or J&J may I ask? Contemplating taking the toxin myself but leaning towards J&J to just get it over with now that they have it in stock in my area.

Serial contrarians........ basically toddler brains in adult bodies.

What made you choose Pfizer over Moderna or J&J may I ask? Contemplating taking the toxin myself but leaning towards J&J to just get it over with now that they have it in stock in my area.
Moderna is apparently the way to go as it is very effective towards Delta, but he lives in Japan and they just put a pause on those since the latest batch was tainted.

I only can choose between Pfizer and Moderna. Pfizer seems to have less side effects from what I’ve read. Also moderna had over a million doses with stainless steel in it here. A few people died from it

Moderna is apparently the way to go as it is very effective towards Delta, but he lives in Japan and they just put a pause on those since the latest batch was tainted.
Yeah. Tainted and probably won’t be available for a good while
https://safelyhq.medium.com/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-showdown-pfizer-vs-moderna-c621b258f01c
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...ine-stronger-against-delta-variant/ar-AANYF8v
Pfizer has far less side effects from what I’ve seen. It what you’ve said moderna is 69% more effective against the delta strain

mom more concerned about side effects. As I don’t think I could handle the moderna side effects.

https://safelyhq.medium.com/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-showdown-pfizer-vs-moderna-c621b258f01c
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...ine-stronger-against-delta-variant/ar-AANYF8v
Pfizer has far less side effects from what I’ve seen. It what you’ve said moderna is 69% more effective against the delta strain

mom more concerned about side effects. As I don’t think I could handle the moderna side effects.
Moderna vs Pfizer side effects last I checked are something minuscule like 1-3%

I don’t know your specific situation but I would think since Moderna is more than a few percentage points effective vs Pfizer against Delta, that it would be the way to go.

Efficacy against what? Judging by the article, it's efficacy against infection that's slightly better in Moderna. Pfizer's efficacy against hospitalization and death is just as good as Moderna's, and that's the only metric that truly matters. And Modern's short-term advantage against infection may dwindle to no advantage as time goes on. The shot is a larger dose and that may produce a stronger short-term antibody production than Pfizer, but antibodies naturally don't stick around in perpetuity.

If this pandemic has proven one thing is that if we ever get hit with a high mortality virus like in Contagion we are 100% fucked.

Nah at that point so many people would be dying that it would be undeniable. The problem here is people are getting the virus and having little to no symptoms and moving on with life. If it was at contagion level almost no one would be denying it. At that point most of the loonies would just be looking for who to blame for the release of the virus.

Moderna vs Pfizer side effects last I checked are something minuscule like 1-3%

I don’t know your specific situation but I would think since Moderna is more than a few percentage points effective vs Pfizer against Delta, that it would be the way to go.
Check the link I posted. Pfizer has like 3% Chan e of severe side effects and moderna has in the lower teens. That’s a massive spread and as @Renard has pointed out the advantage that moderna has over Pfizer towards delta may disappear quickly.
I have very adverse reactions to vs. one as well as scar tissue around my heart. Want to limit anything side effect wise

I’m not saying no to vaccines, we clearly need both solutions, a pre/post covid med. CDC hiding details about the vaccine is simply anti science, shilling for big pharmacy.
They aren't limiting treatment to the vaccines. This is a conspiratorial myth belched up by the underbelly of social media ignorance. That's why you're seeing medicines like Remdesivir, monoclonal antibody therapy, dexamethasone, and even run-of-the-mill antivirals.

At this point going to assume America needs to stop worrying about vaccines and start focusing on weight loss.

Right.

Because if I get fat and then sneeze in your face, it can cause you to get heart disease.

Totally the same thing.

Right.

Because if I get fat and then sneeze in your face, it can cause you to get heart disease.

Totally the same thing.
Naw, im saying double vaxxed fatties are still getting run over. One would conclude the problem is American lard, not the shot.

They aren't limiting treatment to the vaccines. This is a conspiratorial myth belched up by the underbelly of social media ignorance. That's why you're seeing medicines like Remdesivir, monoclonal antibody therapy, dexamethasone, and even run-of-the-mill antivirals.

Yeah my rather large friend (over 300lbs) and his wife (high 200's) both have it. They got inhalers and tons of steroids. They are starting to see the other side of it now.

I have been caught up in the "it's been 2 years and we have nothing more than a "vaccine"" thing too, and seeing how these two unvaccinated large people are being treated has opened my eyes. I really think this thing takes some hitting home for some people. I was never anti vaccine, just a skeptic of this one, and I myself am turning the corner and considering a vaccine. Last thing my 3 kids need is me suffering long term effects or dead from this, even if its a 99% survival rate. Sure, the vaccine COULD have side effects, but I know a ton of vaccinated folk and none of them had more than a sore arm and some sniffles. Again, vaccine side effects haven't hit home for me as it did with some people.

Naw, im saying double vaxxed fatties are still getting run over. One would conclude the problem is American lard, not the shot.

So only fat people are getting covid?

Who is more likely to be hospitalized and suffer ill effects, should they become infected, 'double vaxxed fatties' or unvaccinated fatties?

Maybe, just maybe, there is an extremely remote possibility that there are two problems and not just one.

If this pandemic has proven one thing is that if we ever get hit with a high mortality virus like in Contagion we are 100% fucked.

Eh, a higher mortality rate virus wouldn't' be able to spread as easily since its hosts would be dying off.. would be much less likely to reach pandemic levels. Covid is kind of in a "sweet spot".

Back