International [U.S COVID Vaccine News] CDC to Lift COVID-19 Testing Requirement for international Travelers

They aren't limiting treatment to the vaccines. This is a conspiratorial myth belched up by the underbelly of social media ignorance. That's why you're seeing medicines like Remdesivir, monoclonal antibody therapy, dexamethasone, and even run-of-the-mill antivirals.
pre covid = prior to getting covid, diet, boosters, vaccinations, and I need clear cut answers, my kids not vaccinated yet, not suppressed data.
post covid = after getting covid, the ones you mentioned and then some.

I thought that was clear.

Remdesivir was a bust that failed all sorts of clinicals, and was widely promoted at one time. I'm pretty certain, Ivermectin has passed more clinicals than remdesivir for pre and post covid treatment, and it's being treated as a bastard child, and given off label.

it didn't come from nowhere, there were tons of small independent places desperate for answers using it and trialing out the drug
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

on the topic of vaccines, everyone and everyone's mom's already has the shot around here, it's not doing very well as a covid deterrent, sure does well as a prophylactic treatment. It is clearly not for everyone. ten's of Millions of people already got the virus (documented), and have better antibodies than what the vaccines can provide, it's a total blowout: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

going to force vaccinations on all those folks?

Remdesivir was a bust that failed all sorts of clinicals, and was widely promoted at one time. I'm pretty certain, Ivermectin has passed more clinicals than remdesivir for pre and post covid treatment, and it's being treated as a bastard child, and given off label.
I'm willing to bet you read this in some anti-lockdown Facebook group. It's still being used.
it didn't come from nowhere, there were tons of small independent places desperate for answers using it and trialing out the drug
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

on the topic of vaccines, everyone and everyone's mom's already has the shot around here, it's not doing very well as a covid deterrent, sure does well as a prophylactic treatment. It is clearly not for everyone. ten's of Millions of people already got the virus (documented), and have better antibodies than what the vaccines can provide, it's a total blowout: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

going to force vaccinations on all those folks?
I've already posted a study in here that showed Ivermectin offering zero prevention, and no mitigation of symptoms in severe cases.

So only fat people are getting covid?

Who is more likely to be hospitalized and suffer ill effects, should they become infected, 'double vaxxed fatties' or unvaccinated fatties?

Maybe, just maybe, there is an extremely remote possibility that there are two problems and not just one.
The fatties are all vaxxed up now. The holdouts are a lot of POC (hard to blame them). You froth on more, party boy....

Eh, a higher mortality rate virus wouldn't' be able to spread as easily since its hosts would be dying off.. would be much less likely to reach pandemic levels. Covid is kind of in a "sweet spot".

A future virus could do both if it had a long enough period of symptom-free virus shedding but eventually killed the host. Covid would have been the perfect 'apocalyptic' virus if it had a higher mortality rate; we got very lucky that this is the one that jumped.

I'm willing to bet you read this in some anti-lockdown Facebook group. It's still being used.

I've already posted a study in here that showed Ivermectin offering zero prevention, and no mitigation of symptoms in severe cases.
it's on the nih website ffs, go to their treatment section, not a recommendation, remdesivir has been a bust based on the big WHO study https://www.who.int/news-room/featu...st-the-use-of-remdesivir-in-covid-19-patients
has this changed?

hell of an accusation for facebook groups <Lmaoo>, arent those groups banned? I'm a working professional in the medical field, I'm not going to those sites.

Fauci was clearly pushing for that drug, like no other in case you forgot

Cliff:
  • The foreign particles seen in the contaminated Moderna batches manufactured by Spain's Rovi Pharma are determined to be rubber from the stopper and stainless steel, likely from the bottling process.
  • Japan says the particles are too large to pass through a needle, and Moderna says even if the particles somehow gets injected into the muscle, they would cause nothing more than a localized reaction at the injection site.
  • More than 500,000 shots from the tainted batches with rubber/stainless steel bonus in the vial have already been administered in Japan before the recall, but no injuries as a result of the contamination have been reported.
____

Japan’s Moderna Covid vaccine rollout hit by recall of 3 batches from Spain
By Gavin Blair in Tokyo | Thu 2 Sep 2021​

The Moderna coronavirus vaccine programme in Japan has been hit by a series of contamination incidents, prompting it to recall 1.63m doses found to contain metal fragments.

Other potential contaminants have been identified in separate batches over the past week but so far no injuries as a result of those vaccines have been reported.

The problems come as Japan battles its fifth and worst wave of infections. On Tuesday, new cases topped 25,000 and seriously ill patients climbed above 2,000, both record highs.

The discovery of contaminating materials led to the withdrawal on 26 August of 1.63m doses of the vaccine from three batches manufactured in Spain.

More than 500,000 doses from the faulty batches had already been administered, said Taro Kono, the minister in charge of the vaccine rollout, last Friday.

On Wednesday, Moderna and local distributor Takeda Pharmaceutical issued a joint statement on the contamination, saying: “The rare presence of stainless steel particles in the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine does not pose an undue risk to patient safety and it does not adversely affect the benefit/risk profile of the product.”

Moderna is investigating how the particles entered the vial at the manufacturing plant operated by its contractor Rovi Pharma.

The companies insisted that even if the metal fragments were injected into people, they would cause nothing more than a localised reaction. Health experts in Japan have suggested that if the fragments are visible to the naked eye they are too large to pass through a needle.

There have been other cases of potential contamination. On 28 August, use of the Moderna vaccine was temporarily suspended on the island of Okinawa after black and pink substances were found in different vials from a batch separate to the previously recalled ones.

Health minister Norihisa Tamura later said that the substances were likely pieces of rubber stoppers on the vials that had entered the liquid due to incorrectly inserted needles.

Then on 29 August, health workers spotted small specks of a black substance in vials at a vaccination centre in Gunma, north of Tokyo. Vaccinations resumed from those batches, which were different to those previously identified as contaminated.

On 2 September, black particles were found in Moderna vials in Kanagawa, south of Tokyo, by a pharmacist administering doses there. The substance has yet to be identified.

No issues from Moderna doses injected in Okinawa, Gunma or Kanagwa have been reported so far.

More than 12.2m Moderna doses have been administered in Japan, where the majority of vaccine centres have been using the Pfizer jab.

The AstraZeneca vaccine, which has been produced locally, was only recently approved due to concerns about reports of blood clots in other countries. Japan delivered millions of the domestically manufactured doses to Asian countries as part of an international programme.

Japan was due to take delivery of 50m doses it had secured from Moderna by the end of the month. It is not clear how much of an impact the contamination issues will have on that plan.

More than 130m vaccine doses have been administered in Japan and 46% of the population is fully vaccinated, with 57% having received at least one shot.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...ollout-hit-by-recall-and-contamination-scares

Last edited:
Right.

Because if I get fat and then sneeze in your face, it can cause you to get heart disease.

Totally the same thing.
Dont need to be. Heart disease from obesity is a bigger problem regardless.

Get ready to have this conversation ad nauseum. Now that Joe Rogan used this to "cure" his COVID, everyone is going to fight you tooth and nail over this crap.

Be curious to know if data is being collected on people who are double vaxxed and still seeing infection and symptoms - did they experience an immune response when they had their shot/shots? Is this being asked? Could there be a correlation between general efficacy and initial immune response or lack thereof?

it's on the nih website ffs, go to their treatment section, not a recommendation, remdesivir has been a bust based on the big WHO study https://www.who.int/news-room/featu...st-the-use-of-remdesivir-in-covid-19-patients
has this changed?

hell of an accusation for facebook groups <Lmaoo>, arent those groups banned? I'm a working professional in the medical field, I'm not going to those sites.

Fauci was clearly pushing for that drug, like no other in case you forgot
That's a conditional recommendation against its use for patients who are hospitalized. As John Hopkins notes from another study:
“Final results of the ACTT-1 trial show a 31% shorter recovery time [10 days versus 15 days] in patients who were treated with remdesivir,” Auwaerter says. “In the study, patients who were able to leave the hospital or return to their normal activities were considered recovered. The patients who appeared to benefit most were those who needed supplemental oxygen but who were not so ill as to require intensive care unit stays or mechanical ventilation.”
I find it bizarre that you're quoting the WHO. The WHO also strongly recommends vaccine for everyone on the planet outside the .00001% who face serious known risks from taking any vaccine.

Check the link I posted. Pfizer has like 3% Chan e of severe side effects and moderna has in the lower teens. That’s a massive spread and as @Renard has pointed out the advantage that moderna has over Pfizer towards delta may disappear quickly.
I have very adverse reactions to vs. one as well as scar tissue around my heart. Want to limit anything side effect wise
If you’re concerned about your heart, no question Pfizer is the safer bet over Moderna.

WOW first of its kind

THe first Covid DNA vaccine has been approved in India for emergency use

That’s good to know. Seems that is the best option for me

My uncle has heart problems and is in his 60's. He was told the same thing, ie., not to get Moderna.

He got both Pfizer shots back in March and has since been to his cardiologist - no discernible complications yet.

My uncle has heart problems and is in his 60's. He was told the same thing, ie., not to get Moderna.

He got both Pfizer shots back in March and has since been to his cardiologist - no discernible complications yet.
That’s good. Glad I independently came to the same conclusion. I’m 39 and hopefully I don’t get any complications

Novavax Vaccine getting ready to apply for full approval
By Joeli Poole | September 7, 2021​

The Novavax Covid vaccine has undergone months of clinical trials against not only the original coronavirus strain but also the new variants.

The Maryland based biotech company says it’s 2 dose vaccine is around 90 percent effective and is safe – after being tested on nearly 30 thousand trial participants.

“Where we are currently as investigators reviewing data with the sponsor. The FDA is looking at safety data and following up with patients who were vaccinated early this year to see if any of them have breakthrough cases and then trying to give efficacy results to the public so we can have another option out there for Covid,” says Dr. Mark McKenzie, Regional Medical Director for ClinSearch.

Recently The CDC announced that participants in the Novavax PREVENT-19 Phase 3 clinical trial are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they have completed the vaccine series.

Chattanooga resident Brooke Marsh was one of these participants.

“I was really glad to hear that they considered it fully vaccinated. It’s a more traditional vaccine. I have had nothing but good experiences from it. I didn’t have any side effects from either set of shots. I think they are very trustworthy,” says Marsh.

The company says they plan to seek full authorization to distribute the vaccine within the next few months- with the focus being on low to middle income countries.

“It’s a different type of vaccine though. Moderna and Pfizer are mRNA vaccines. This one is a protein subunit vaccine. It’s a type of vaccine that we have used for flu, hepatitis, and HPV in the past. But this one is targeting the world. It will be available to people around the world in addition to what’s out there. Hopefully it will be at a lower cost for some countries that don’t have the resources like the United States has,” says Dr. McKenzie.

Dr. Mark McKenzie is hoping that with this fourth vaccine being a more familiar type of vaccine – those who have felt uneasy, will finally feel comfortable with getting vaccinated.

On Tuesday, Japan secured 150 million doses of the Novavax vaccine.

https://www.wdef.com/novavax-vaccine-getting-ready-to-apply-for-full-approval/

Unvaccinated are 5X more likely to catch delta, 11X more likely to die
Three fresh CDC studies show vaccines holding up against delta.
Overall, fully vaccinated people are about five times less likely to become infected with delta, 10 times less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 from delta, and 11 times less likely to die from the variant, according to the studies.
Translated to percentages if hypothetically assuming equal populations of vaccinated and unvaccinated (which they roughly are in the USA):
  • 82.1% of cases are unvaccinated
  • 91.2% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated
  • 91.9% of deaths are unvaccinated

Studies:
  1. Monitoring Incidence of COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths, by Vaccination Status — 13 U.S. Jurisdictions, April 4–July 17, 2021
  2. Interim Estimates of COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Against COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department or Urgent Care Clinic Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Adults During SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 (Delta) Variant Predominance — Nine States, June–August 2021
  3. Effectiveness of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19–Associated Hospitalization — Five Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, United States, February 1–August 6, 2021

\
Not sure why they went as far back as April.

The Delta didnt become dominant until end of June
It specifies in the study they measured the change in the VE for all three metrics during the shift in dominance from the older strains to the Delta variant.

Back