U2 |With or Without You| - (Rate the Song)

Rate it.

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score

See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I'll wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm, we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you, ah-ah
I can't live with or without you

And you give yourself away
And you give, and you give

My hands are tied, my body bruised
She got me with nothing to win
And nothing left to lose

And you give, and you give

With or without you
With or without you, ohh

With or without you
With or without you, ohh
With or without you

9. On the verge of 10. Possibly even 10.

Their 2nd best song only behind "Where the Streets have no name"

Pretty timeless I'd you ask me.

Their 2nd best song only behind "Where the Streets have no name"

Pretty timeless I'd you ask me.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday" says hi.

One of U2's most overtly political songs, its lyrics describe the horror felt by an observer of the Troubles in Northern Ireland, mainly focusing on the 1972 Bloody Sunday incident in Derry where British troops shot and killed unarmed civil rights protesters.
Bloody Sunday, or the Bogside Massacre,[1] was a massacre on 30 January 1972 when British soldiers shot 26 unarmed civilians during a protest march in the Bogside area of Derry,[n 1] Northern Ireland. Thirteen men were killed outright and the death of another man four months later was attributed to gunshot injuries from the incident. Many of the victims were shot while fleeing from the soldiers, and some were shot while trying to help the wounded.[2] Other protesters were injured by shrapnel, rubber bullets, or batons, two were run down by British Army vehicles, and some were beaten.[3][4] All of those shot were Catholics. The march had been organised by the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association (NICRA) to protest against internment without trial. The soldiers were from the 1st Battalion of the Parachute Regiment ("1 Para"), the same battalion implicated in the Ballymurphy massacre several months before.[5]

Two investigations were held by the British government. The Widgery Tribunal, held in the aftermath, largely cleared the soldiers and British authorities of blame. It described some of the soldiers' shooting as "bordering on the reckless", but accepted their claims that they shot at gunmen and bomb-throwers.

Back