UFC 196 pbp/discussion

Top bet shame about lawlor, still made around 6/7k profit?

Glad I had same bet, just smaller stakes lol

Damn. I only lost 60 bucks but I could have lost a hell of a lot more. I kept it light on this card. Too many variables. But I did lose hard on Tom Lawlor, Holly Holm and Conor McG. I'm ok with my losses though. It was an intense fight card. I could have easily lost 400 to 500 on this card but I've cut back on my gambling. It seems a lot of people lost on this card. Tom was screwed. Holly was on her way to a decision victory and gets subbed with 2 minutes left. Conor wins the first round decisively. But loses it in the 2nd round. Just all in all. Bad night for most.

Top bet shame about lawlor, still made around 6/7k profit?

Glad I had same bet, just smaller stakes lol
Nice job dude! Made 8.5k, but I had 100 single on both Tate and Nate and another 40 parlay!
Anything is possible with MMA!!

Lawler fight was so close.....

Nice job dude! Made 8.5k, but I had 100 single on both Tate and Nate and another 40 parlay!
Anything is possible with MMA!!

Lawler fight was so close.....
Nice man, I don't bet big but still got a decent profit, I also had a double on Tate & Diaz to win by submission that returned 85/1 ish

Thatch and Miller win with ease...
I also think holm and McG are massive fav's for a reason...
I wish you the best of luck all the same !!!

Thatch will win with ease?

Have you been watching his last few fights blindfolded and with cotton in your ears?

Mcgregor showed no respect at all and im down £1758 for the night. And its 6am here fuck this

Both need a break, broke even on the night to survive another day but that is the 2nd event in a row this has happen, its a shame since I don't think we can get an event where the underdogs and lines were that good just could not capitalize on any of it or guess I should not put all my eggs onto holm !

We got another event in 2 weeks time and then another 3 week break so technically a major break by all accounts, think next event if I am up even £300-500 am stopping ;)

so angry at myself for not betting nate, gut and heart were with nate but i had to be logical about it, oh well

Same but in hindsight connor looked great in r1, and nate looked like a zombie I don't think many would have bet him, there was that very small window of chance before r2 but many missed it like you and me but better luck next time!

On the compete flip side of the main event.

I legit feel for Holm. She is tough and showed a ton of heart in that 2nd round. Went out on her shield and did not tap also(Unlike another champion tonight)

kind of a low blow but I had to lol.

True, 2 minutes to survive but it was not to be as she says she is still very new to MMA and new to the game no doubt the ground game ! but she showed why she was the champ right till the end. I would probably pick holly the 2nd time round but much smaller lol

Both need a break, broke even on the night to survive another day but that is the 2nd event in a row this has happen, its a shame since I don't think we can get an event where the underdogs and lines were that good just could not capitalize on any of it or guess I should not put all my eggs onto holm !

We got another event in 2 weeks time and then another 3 week break so technically a major break by all accounts, think next event if I am up even £300-500 am stopping ;)

Same but in hindsight connor looked great in r1, and nate looked like a zombie I don't think many would have bet him, there was that very small window of chance before r2 but many missed it like you and me but better luck next time!

True, 2 minutes to survive but it was not to be as she says she is still very new to MMA and new to the game no doubt the ground game ! but she showed why she was the champ right till the end. I would probably pick holly the 2nd time round but much smaller lol

Congrats breaking even. I need Hunt next card to close a £500 parlay and im loving the look of Magny as the dog. Seriously considering just lb that card tho as nothing else jumping out at me Magny prob a really good fight to lb. Still was up from lb last night even after Holm fucked me thats 5 straight events ive won a good amount lb. Thank god too or id be seriously down from pre bets. 365 has the card listed at 10pm so hopefully on a good hour for us. I cant be staying up every card need to get my pre fight bet mojo back!

Likely zero. hitting a 5 team parlay is hard enough.....but to hit a 5 teamer where you picked all the underdogs....

You might as well just picked the other 5 dogs too......it would make that "potential win" number way higher.....which is the only reason you're placing this bet in the first place.
If you look at it now! Is it hard? 4/5!

If all you saw in the Ronda fight was the KO then you missed a lot.

Holly is a superior wrestler. She has been training with Jackson-Wink damn near her whole life.
Say something now? Told u people are blinded by her Ronda KO

A guy I used to know who was friendly with some low level MMA fighters and was a former high school wrestler, decent grappler and from what I've heard a somewhat decent kickboxer had this theory about Nick Diaz. Something like: You see that he doesn't have much power so you trade a bit, you take a few of his shots and it feels ok so you don't really care about it, then you take a few more and it's ok so you keep trading despite eating a lot of punches and then suddenly you're rocked by those loose shots and it's too late to do anything about it so basically when you figure out you can't eat those for an extended amount of time it's already too late to adjust.

Kind of looked like that with Nate too.

Conor's hubris was his downfall. Like Ronda, Conor pushed an absurd, unsustainable pace to chase an early win in order to maintain his world beater status. Conor's skills were impressive, but the story of the fight was his dogshit fight IQ. It was an expensive lesson learned for me.

good job mate, and lawlor fight was close, still nice profit you made here

See the thing is, your gut being right for a couple of nights is not indicative of predictive abilities. Being a good bettor is long term winning. Short term results mean absolutely nothing. You could be the best capper alive and have a 10 event losing streak or joe blow and win 15 in a row. Means nothing.
I only started betting in June 2014 but
ive been going through this since February 2015. I turned ~400 into 2000 over a few months and lost $1900 in like 2 weeks. It was bad br management but it also fucking destroyed my confidence. I still need to get over it lol. Most of my picks are right it's just a matter of me betting them. Not even BSing but if I kept track of my picks (not bets) I would confidently say I'm in the 80-90% I have been watching mma since like 2007 so I think I'm pretty knowledgable but it's just me being confident in my bets. I've complained about this before so I won't drag it on

Last edited:
Conor's hubris was his downfall. Like Ronda, Conor pushed an absurd, unsustainable pace to chase an early win in order to maintain his world beater status. Conor's skills were impressive, but the story of the fight was his dogshit fight IQ. It was an expensive lesson learned for me.

I'm not even a fan but He was speaking some real shit at the press conference. Admitting mistakes and he said everything except Nate was better. He will def make adjustments and come back. He's humble in defeat but not victory lol

Last edited:
image.png
Jake shields cashing out a nice $2000

Danny brown cashed out too
image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back