UFC 196 pbp/discussion

Losing? You joking me? It's a Yankee! U even know what that is? Or you too young to bet?
I do bet, i actually won my nate/tate parlay. no never heard of a yankee. whats that?

so you actually won $60k? congrats.

I only started betting in June 2014 but
ive been going through this since February 2015. I turned ~400 into 2000 over a few months and lost $1900 in like 2 weeks. It was bad br management but it also fucking destroyed my confidence. I still need to get over it lol. Most of my picks are right it's just a matter of me betting them. Not even BSing but if I kept track of my picks (not bets) I would confidently say I'm in the 80-90% I have been watching mma since like 2007 so I think I'm pretty knowledgable but it's just me being confident in my bets. I've complained about this before so I won't drag it on
SMH... not trying to be a downer but if you were so confident in your correct picks you would have bet them. You being a bettor and not betting them meant you were not confident in them by definition.

Also, having terrible BRM is a sign of inexperience and lack of discipline. The very fact that you admit to poor BRM makes anything you say dubious to some degree.

Also being correct in picks has nothing to do with bets. That's why there are lines and all fights are not even money.

What you're saying is a classic short sighted results-oriented way of thinking. Believe me, im a semi pro poker player and the path to success in gambling is all about getting rid of this mindset. You need to be play oriented, which means making the value plays no matter if they win or lose short term. Saying to yourself, "man i knew those 20 fighters would have won i should have bet them!" is hindsight bias. If they lost it would have never stuck in your mind.

Not trying to be a dick, but just consider my logic here.

Last edited:
I do bet, i actually won my nate/tate parlay. no never heard of a yankee. whats that?

so you actually won $60k? congrats.
An image speaks a thousand words, so here you go! Next time if you want to down talk on people, better get your facts right!
image.jpeg

An image speaks a thousand words, so here you go! Next time if you want to down talk on people, better get your facts right!

Nice. I thought you were just calling everyone yankees lol.

At least Barry is funny though. You want to see something actually pathetic? Remember MMABettingTips guy? You know, the one who said he's now betting full time and that he'd easily have a 20% ROI. Here are his results for the last 60 days... https://www.cappertek.com/picks.asp?shs=MMABettingTips.com&lastDays=60&sport=ALL#history

-15.21 units and a -15.13% ROI

Yes, this is the same guy talking shit about touts awful results and how he would do much better.

I'm sorry guys, I need to apologize as I posted incorrect information. His McGregor bet wasn't graded yet, so I gave inaccurate info. He's actually at -25.21 units and a -22.81% ROI in the last 60 days. 10 units on McGregor!

Nate Diaz: $500,000
Conor McGregor: $1,000,000

Miesha Tate: $92,000 (includes $46,000 win bonus)
Holly Holm: $500,000

Ilir Latifi: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
Gian Villante: $36,000

Corey Anderson: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
Tom Lawlor: $28,000

Amanda Nunes: $56,000 (includes $28,000)
Valentina Shevchenko: $14,000

Siyar Bahadurzada: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus)
Brandon Thatch: $22,000

Nordine Taleb: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
Erick Silva: $34,000

Vitor Miranda: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
Marcelo Guimaraes: $13,000

Darren Elkins: $74,000 ($37,000 win bonus)
Chas Skelly: $21,000

Diego Sanchez: $150,000 (includes $75,000 win bonus)
Jim Miller: $59,000

Jason Saggo: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
Justin Salas: $16,000

Teruto Ishihara: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
Julian Erosa: $12,000

Note: these UFC 196 payouts don't include fighters' PPV share, sponsorship money and performance bonuses of the event.

@cagebrain yeah man you're saying everything I need to hear. I just have a mental block I need to get past

Just took a screen shot of your post I need to read it more often

I've been watching mma forever I'm less than 2 years into betting so I'm still learning. I am still thinking short term for sure. After I lost all that money it fucked me up mentally lol, I obviously don't like losing but I haaaaate leaving $$ on the table, and it's s chain reaction with me. I feel confident in a pick, don't bet it (too bitch), and it eats me up that I didn't

Last edited:
Nate Diaz: $500,000
Conor McGregor: $1,000,000

Miesha Tate: $92,000 (includes $46,000 win bonus)
Holly Holm: $500,000

Ilir Latifi: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
Gian Villante: $36,000

Corey Anderson: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
Tom Lawlor: $28,000

Amanda Nunes: $56,000 (includes $28,000)
Valentina Shevchenko: $14,000

Siyar Bahadurzada: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus)
Brandon Thatch: $22,000

Nordine Taleb: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
Erick Silva: $34,000

Vitor Miranda: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
Marcelo Guimaraes: $13,000

Darren Elkins: $74,000 ($37,000 win bonus)
Chas Skelly: $21,000

Diego Sanchez: $150,000 (includes $75,000 win bonus)
Jim Miller: $59,000

Jason Saggo: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
Justin Salas: $16,000

Teruto Ishihara: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
Julian Erosa: $12,000

Note: these UFC 196 payouts don't include fighters' PPV share, sponsorship money and performance bonuses of the event.
damn holly getting paid

@cagebrain yeah man you're saying everything I need to hear. I just have a mental block I need to get past

Just took a screen shot of your post I need to read it more often

I've been watching mma forever I'm less than 2 years into betting so I'm still learning. I am still thinking short term for sure. After I lost all that money it fucked me up mentally lol, I obviously don't like losing but I haaaaate leaving $$ on the table, and it's s chain reaction with me. I feel confident in a pick, don't bet it (too bitch), and it eats me up that I didn't
Thanks, glad you got something out of that. Sounds like you're letting emotion affect your rational decision making process. It's tough. In poker we call it tilt when you get emotional and make poor choices. Learn to limit tilt, and if tilting, learn to identify it and STOP betting until you're level headed again!

No room for emotions in the profitable gambling space!

We're all in this together! That's what a gambling community like this forum is all about! Good Luck!

hahahaha I have a feeling I might be the only other person who knows who Danny Brown is, but thats my fucking dude.

Lol how old are you? I think me and you are the youngest in here. I just turned 24 last weekend

26. Figured you'd be around my age to know of Danny Brown
lol I'm 26, too. I don't know Danny Brown, tho. I see he is a rapper. But it seems he is fairly new (like past few years). I'm not really into newish rap/hip hop. If I want to listen to rap, I stick to my Papoose, Cassidy, Dipset - just to name a few lol

lol I'm 26, too. I don't know Danny Brown, tho. I see he is a rapper. But it seems he is fairly new (like past few years). I'm not really into newish rap/hip hop. If I want to listen to rap, I stick to my Papoose, Cassidy, Dipset - just to name a few lol
Cmon bro gotta get down with that pussy lickin rap

I'm still confused why they had dmx doing the introduction

Was just listening to "the church of what's happening now" and I guess Denny prokopos (10p black belt/teacher) hit a Diaz/Tate parlay @ ~+1500 for $500!! Plus $1000 on Diaz

Came away with $10k +

Back