UFC 198 - Curitiba - Werdum vs Miocic

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone in london uk want a beer on me tonight?

Anderson just lost to Bisping. I think we HAVE to take advantage of his big name and favorable line and fade him. This coming from a huge Anderson fan lol

With age and injuries...he surely isn't the same fighter as before. I think he's still great, but I could see him losing to hall...even possibly by KO. Hall KOD Moose, I'm sure he can KO anyone.

Took this weekend's winnings and put a biiiig ol' parlay on

Werdum, hall, and maia.

Feeling very confident

Fuck man, Cummins/Nog o1.5 shot from -185 to -350?? Wish I put more than 1u at -185

Are the judges Brazilians?

If not, can we still expect the scoring will be biased towards local fighters?

playing the same 3 fighter parlay as you.
What parlay.

This card is amazing for parlays. Warley r1 is gonna get smashed.

Agree with you guys about this being amazing for parlays. Very similar to the Rotterdam card. Hopefully it goes just as well. Once props are released have my eyes on a massive round robin.

Agree with EZ. Anderson's chin def seems worse to be getting dropped by Bisping, but his skills seemed fine. It just seemed like he was having too much fun and looking for a one shot kill. I have to imagine in the biggest show ever in Brazil the best version of present day Anderson will show up.

Andersons chin is gone and I def see his skills diminished in the sense that everything is just off balance.

But what about halls chin? Pretty solid no? Seems like both guys have only had problems with guys that come forward and pressure a lot. Could see this being a snooze fest

Hendricks, Woodley, Rory, probably even Lombard all have strong cases as better takedown artists. Gunnar, Magny, Laflare all had never faced anyone who has even close to the clinch takedowns and ground game of Maia. We know Brown can do well for himself there.

Also think the cardio could be a potential problem. Maia is older and has slowed in the past when made to work. Brown trains in Denver and has always had a high pace style. Gonna have my eye on Brown +3.5

I think maia is a way bigger takedown artist than all listed but Hendricks. Especially since he's got the gas tank to do it over and over again for more than half the fight.

Need to win big this card.

I've lost two events In a row

I like werdum a lot. He seems better everywhere. His mauy Thai has proven deadly. His Bjj is second to none. That pretty much cancels out stipes wrestling in my mind. And if I recall did stipe gas bad against jds?

just woke up ontop of my bed fully clothed, like a real man. betsafe wouldn't let me withdraw £236 because it was earned with a free bet so i wagered it all on miocic.

Not sure who it was but someone mentioned before and I'm going to circle back to it because I've hit it hard (for a prop) and I think it has a ton of value:

Corey Anderson KO/TKO at +550.

I really think this has a decent chance of hitting. Shogun was rocked in his last fight vs Lil Nog and was stopped in both his prior fights to that one. He's up there in years and mileage and he's up a against a bigger more athletic guy.

Yes, Anderson's style is to wrestle and grind but he does have some pop and I think there's also a very realistic chance that he just wears Shogun down and gets a TKO stoppage via mercy because the ref is tired of watching Shogun eating punches and elbows off his back.

Not sure who it was but someone mentioned before and I'm going to circle back to it because I've hit it hard (for a prop) and I think it has a ton of value:

I really think this has a decent chance of hitting. Shogun was rocked in his last fight vs Lil Nog and was stopped in both his prior fights to that one. He's up there in years and mileage and he's up a against a bigger more athletic guy.

Yes, Anderson's style is to wrestle and grind but he does have some pop and I think there's also a very realistic chance that he just wears Shogun down and gets a TKO stoppage via mercy because the ref is tired of watching Shogun eating punches and elbows off his back.
i literally just came in here to post this. hitting it for 2u myself

edit: also, cyborg rd 1 -155? yes please!

Alright this has been mentioned enough times and you convinced me. .4u at +550.

i literally just came in here to post this. hitting it for 2u myself

edit: also, cyborg rd 1 -155? yes please!

Ha ha yep I'm big on that one too. Leslie is tough but she's gonna get completely overwhelmed.

I'm so confident I'm not even thinking about hitting Fight doesn't start round 2 at -164 instead. Barely any extra juice but I don't care, still not paying it. Cyborg is gonna wrecke Leslie and my guess it doesn't last 90 seconds.

Alright this has been mentioned enough times and you convinced me. .4u at +550.

One of the reasons I love this place, other people spot stuff I might not catch right away and I'm sure it's helped my BR over the years. I can't remember who originally posted about this one but kudos to whoever it was!

I'm pretty big on the Cyborg round 1 prop too at -160 for 1.6u to win 1u.

Cyborg rd 1+Maia paying +123 right now.

Just a beautiful parlay imo.

Made no sense adding Maia when he was -400 but now at -280 I think it does. Watching Gunni just take Tumenov apart on the mat should be a reminder of what Maia is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back