UFC 198 - Curitiba - Werdum vs Miocic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Isn't that what Fedor did?

Fedor was trying to attack without landing in guard. Werdum was very mobile on the ground rolling through to trap Fedor. That submission was a lot slicker than people give credit for. He basically trapped his arm and used it for leverage to roll his hips/legs into position to catch the triangle.

Are the judges Brazilians?

If not, can we still expect the scoring will be biased towards local fighters?

Yes, should absolutely expect hometown officiating . refs and judges.

i literally just came in here to post this. hitting it for 2u myself

edit: also, cyborg rd 1 -155? yes please!

Does not start rd 2 is almost the same price

Damn

I've been waiting for Cummins line to come out. -165 is crazy. I think nog is done .. It's at -210 now

I also don't see how werdum is going to lose. I think he's better everywhere than stipe..

Does stipe have the longer reach? That
changes a lot for me if he does

They're the same size, I don't think the reach will factor in.

I kinda agree that werdum is better in most areas. Cept for wrestling, Of course... Which means stipe can *probably* keep it standing.

No doubt stipe will try to pitter patter on the feet for 25 mins.

Because of that, I actually give him a better chance than Cain. (Cause Cain would've went right at werdum)

How is Font's speed vs Lineker? And how heavy are his strikes? Is he superior to Rivera in the striking realm?

Just a point of note with Stipe. Wouldn't a victory for Stipe be the first time a UFC fighter has won a title while working another job?
I know it's not as relevant for heavyweights but Stipe comes from a gym with almost no high level training partners?

Does any one have a read on Trinaldo vs Yancy? Trinaldo's resume looks quite good of late

Font is a good striker. And better cardio than Rivera. But I don't think he'll be able to handle what lineker throws at him. Dude is an animal.

man i don't agree, i think medeiros can give him some problems.. unless he just sits back for 15 mins
I don't see a thing Medeiros can do here except snatch a gulliotine off a td. Hes got worse boxing, he doesn't handle pressure very well which Trinaldo can bring, hes worse in the clinch, doesn't have the tdd to stop Trinaldo from using his wrestling.

My boy Trinaldo has won me nice money vs Laprise and Pearson and I expect no changes at all here

Idk how any of you guys can bet on that main event with any confidence, and this coming from the ultimate degen lol def agree with whoever said betting the over is probably the best way to go.

Both guys present a style that the other has never seen before

Cant say I love paying -200 for Trinaldo. Guess his dec line wont be great either.

Yup like linekar coming in he just has that solid chin and one punch power to back any opponent backwards. Also like trinaldo again the guy is 37 but he has perfected his style, seems to be doing everything right with weight cutting and adjustments mixing in solid striking with technique and wrestling, like him su won't be surprised if he gets a decision.

Idk how any of you guys can bet on that main event with any confidence, and this coming from the ultimate degen lol def agree with whoever said betting the over is probably the best way to go.

Both guys present a style that the other has never seen before

how so? werdum's faced tons of wrestlers, tons of strikers...

I'm kind of surprised bettors have hammered Tukhugov so hard. I've only seen Moicano fight Niinimaki so i'm not speaking with much confidence at all but he looked outstanding in that fight. Zubaira struggled with Nover who i'm not sure even belongs in the UFC.

I'm kind of surprised bettors have hammered Tukhugov so hard. I've only seen Moicano fight Niinimaki so i'm not speaking with much confidence at all but he looked outstanding in that fight. Zubaira struggled with Nover who i'm not sure even belongs in the UFC.

nover's been competitive with plenty of good guys in his career... he'd absolutely hang with moicano

how so? werdum's faced tons of wrestlers, tons of strikers...
One of the only things i'm confident about in this fight is that Stipe's strategy will be to use his footwork to control the center and keep Werdum at the end of his punches without putting his back to the cage at any point. Werdum has never fought anyone near as fleet of foot as Stipe, or anyone who can string together combos with a probable hand speed advantage. Browne has horrible boxing and relies on kicks and Fabricio broke his rib with a body kick early in the fight. Hunt was a short notice fight and embraced being in Werdum's guard the entirety of round one and then was gassed. But even if that wasn't the case, hes a flat footed striker who relies on timing one monstrous blow.

Looking over Werdum's record, its been years since hes fought anyone even close to this type of style. I don't think i'd even count Reem as a similar fight.

Yeah I am def not paying -200 for Trinaldo. This will be dog or pass for me. Trinaldo is a fun guy to hit when he is the dog but not as the favourite imho.

I do like the over in the Miocic fight and that might be my main play there. Could also be a good lb spot.

I pretty much agree with JB - I think I will end up small on Miocic ML as a solid dog.

Yancey Medeiros is one of those guys that is wicked good when he finds his rhythym and his range. If he can't find his groove then its anyones fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back