UFC 200 - DC vs JJ 2 - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat's been out a freakin while, too, man. i'll be on pena
Cat is talented for a wmma but damn her fight IQ isnt very high.. she would give Pena a beating if she can follow a good game plan

Fully agree with BT and EZ on both WMMA fights. I'll be on Pena.

EDIT also think the price on the over is pretty damn good

i think she's gonna win rd 1. rd 1 stoppage is unlikely, obviously, but could happen. i think she'll fade, tho. i don't see how she wins the later rounds. tate is a slow starter who gets better the longer fights go. nunes is the opposite. polar opposites in this respect.

any memories of nunes tdd?

i just feel that meisha takes way too many punches. i thought she would beat holm the way she did except i expected it in round 2,3..... didnt expect to be a hail mary. i feel like nunes is a way better striker than holm with a lot more power and probably has the bjj to hold up unless like you say she just gasses baaaaaaad.

Fully agree with BT and EZ on both WMMA fights. I'll be on Pena.

EDIT also think the price on the over is pretty damn good

explain pena please?

i thought cat minus the rousey brain fart fight is pretty solid?

finally busted out of my slump with a straight bet win on wonderboy

looking to go 10-10 on ufc 200

explain pena please?

i thought cat minus the rousey brain fart fight is pretty solid?
They seem pretty evenly matched. Expecting a very close scrap in all facets of the game, so why not try to make some dog money? Plus I'm pretty sure Cat took a hiatus from training until her recent move to Alliance.

I do think the over is likely the best play though and where most my money will be going on this fight

any memories of nunes tdd?

i just feel that meisha takes way too many punches. i thought she would beat holm the way she did except i expected it in round 2,3..... didnt expect to be a hail mary. i feel like nunes is a way better striker than holm with a lot more power and probably has the bjj to hold up unless like you say she just gasses baaaaaaad.

solid everything for nunes, TDD included, while she's fresh.

she just cant maintain it

They seem pretty evenly matched. Expecting a very close scrap in all facets of the game, so why not try to make some dog money? Plus I'm pretty sure Cat took a hiatus from training until her recent move to Alliance.

I do think the over is likely the best play though and where most my money will be going on this fight
All Cat Zingano has been doing during her hiatus is training in various forms of martial arts. She spent awhile in Thailand, working on her striking. (You can check her Instagram history for more info. I've followed her for a couple years or so on IG.)

Since her husband is out of the picture, moving to an elite camp with good coaches and the champion by her side only made sense.

All Cat Zingano has been doing during her hiatus is training in various forms of martial arts. She spent awhile in Thailand, working on her striking. (You can check her Instagram history for more info. I've followed her for a couple years or so on IG.)

Since her husband is out of the picture, moving to an elite camp with good coaches and the champion by her side only made sense.
Very good to know, thanks. Dunno why I was under that impression

Good info.

He's had a three month camp max and i think it's less. He's getting his arse kicked. Hunt's line is insane IMO.

Agreed. Hunt is still only -165 on 5d and I just hit that hard. Brock is getting too much respect for what people remember him being in years gone by (eg. beating Mir @ UFC 100).

Meanwhile Hunt has gotten ridiculously sharp with his standup over the past few years. Even when Brock was competitive he never could handle being hit and clearly didn't like it.

Hunt is by far my favourite pick so far in July Madness....

Tate/Nunes
At the current prices I love the O1.5 and like Tate SU (due to chin and 5 rounds). I'm hedging both these plays with Nunes r1-2 +550. Also have plays on Tate r4 and r5.

Anyone think hunts line will get better when the wwe casuals pour money in him?

Nunes cardio is a huge concern against Tate who is very durable and being that this is a 5 round fight. Here's what I found regarding Nunes addressing/improving the issue.

“A lot of people say I get a little bit tired as a negative thing, but I live in Florida, and Florida is very humid and very dry,” Nunes said. “Fighting against Cat Zingano, I felt a lot of change with the weather. The (dryness) and everything. It doesn’t make any sense that I got tired in the third round because I’m training. I have the best training in the world. I have the best conditioning. I’m in the gym every day – every single day. It doesn’t make any sense that you get tired in the third round. For sure now I’m going to see, do some blood work (and) see what’s going on to see (what made) me tired.

“I don’t understand why I get tired. It happened with me twice with Cat and now with Valentina (Shevchenko). Now I have to figure out what is going on. For sure I’m going to be in Vegas maybe with a month to go before this fight with Miesha training there to see how I feel and to get comfortable with the weather there. At least with me, I don’t know if it’s happening with other fighters, but with me it happens. Vegas – so much (dryness) in Vegas.”

from April

and

"I don’t know why I gassed in my last fight," said Nunes, who defeated Shevchenko via decision in March. "I train at American Top Team, the biggest team in the world, and I have every type of training. I’m watching the tape of my fight and see what I did wrong. We’re doing everything so it doesn’t happen again."

from May

Meisha Tate is no match for cardio Nunes IMO -- but there's really no way of knowing if it'll be improved.

Nunes cardio is a huge concern against Tate who is very durable and being that this is a 5 round fight. Here's what I found regarding Nunes addressing/improving the issue.

“A lot of people say I get a little bit tired as a negative thing, but I live in Florida, and Florida is very humid and very dry,” Nunes said. “Fighting against Cat Zingano, I felt a lot of change with the weather. The (dryness) and everything. It doesn’t make any sense that I got tired in the third round because I’m training. I have the best training in the world. I have the best conditioning. I’m in the gym every day – every single day. It doesn’t make any sense that you get tired in the third round. For sure now I’m going to see, do some blood work (and) see what’s going on to see (what made) me tired.

“I don’t understand why I get tired. It happened with me twice with Cat and now with Valentina (Shevchenko). Now I have to figure out what is going on. For sure I’m going to be in Vegas maybe with a month to go before this fight with Miesha training there to see how I feel and to get comfortable with the weather there. At least with me, I don’t know if it’s happening with other fighters, but with me it happens. Vegas – so much (dryness) in Vegas.”

from April

and

"I don’t know why I gassed in my last fight," said Nunes, who defeated Shevchenko via decision in March. "I train at American Top Team, the biggest team in the world, and I have every type of training. I’m watching the tape of my fight and see what I did wrong. We’re doing everything so it doesn’t happen again."

from May

Meisha Tate is no match for cardio Nunes IMO -- but there's really no way of knowing if it'll be improved.
Confidence increase Tate when Nunes just keeps saying "idk" in regards to why she gasses

If shes having blood work done massive tate confidence increase as she is basically saying they dont know how to fix her cardio issue

Anyone think hunts line will get better when the wwe casuals pour money in him?

Good question. It is def possible, there was an initial movement for hunt because of the early sharp action but the line has been climbing back in our favor ever since. Look at the sportsint. chart, that's gone from -180 to -135.

Given that trend I see no reason to bet Hunt UNTIL the line starts moving in the other direction. No one knows how big of an impact the casuals will have, but this is a rare instance when it could really help us, Brock is a huge Star.

Depending on the book, I would watch the line and ride the movement in your favor as long as possible.

I was backstage helping corner one of my teammates for Bellator 154 and Cat was back there (super nice person). Not trying to be rude, but she seemed a bit out of shape guys. With that being said I will be taking Pena for this fight partially due to what I saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back