1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 201 - Lawler vs Woodley - Atlanta

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbiedawg Bettor Banned

Oh. I thought he actually had signups, I just wanted to see his record

That's sad

2. Initially White Belt

Damn I wish I would've bet on KK when she was @ +195 or so.

Glad I got Benoit at +115, now it's basically a pick 'em.

I'm trying to think of some good undercard props -- Pearson by decision maybe? Herman by sub at +600 has pretty good value.

3. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

In
    Great minds...

I got KK @3.0, Person dec @4.0 and Herman ITD @4.5.

4. Initially White Belt

I should've pounded KK when she was @ +195. She's at +150 now, I really don't like betting on WMMA, so I'm not sure if I wanna bite on this line or not. Gonna have to see how the rest of my bets go.

I'm torn on Woodley/Lawler too. I've broken down the fight and Lawler should win, but if he survives the first couple of rounds I may just livebet him.

5. PuertoRican Gold Belt

You picked Benoit for this fight, right?

I can't remember if this was your 1 pick for this card.

6. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

I'm big on Woodley KO, small R1/R2. Really big Fight ends in KO/TKO , small Lawler R4. Will live play Robbie after R2.

Also played Rose SUB small 3.5

7. robbiedawg Bettor Banned

Yeah, it's in the bets thread

8. arrelione Red Belt

What do you guys think of Damian Brown via KO? +500

9. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Eh, id rather keep winning on my own with friendly discussions amongst our community and be rid of the assclown who thinks two picks make him God, and keep the guy who provides epic troll posts. Just me though :)

10. robbiedawg Bettor Banned

I've not seen you win much though. Didn't you recommend a bet on Peggy Morgan last night? Is that why you're being mean?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. NewcastleTom Purple Belt

Yeah I remember thinking damn it is hard to be wrong that often. It was actually amazing. I don't know if I ever saw a betting angle better than "opposite of Barry"

12. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

You've been here for what, two events? Trust me buddy, I've hit on more than two dogs Since I've been here. Funny enough, for the Lineker card my big dog bet was at worse odds than yours (Boetsch)

I put my money on Anderson, but I try to see different ways a fight can play out instead of going your route (which will hurt you at some point) of getting overconfident which leads to neglect of other things that can happen.

The saddest part about this is, despite how many people have called you out/tried to help you, you still seem completely dumbfounded why youre unlikable

13. Soccer Steve Purple Belt

Wrong.

14. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

Guys we need a hall of fame thread in this forum. Barry has to be a first inductee.

15. NewcastleTom Purple Belt

Thank you, I "liked" your posts I thought that was the longest lasting thing I could do lol

16. robbiedawg Bettor Banned

First of all, there's no excuse for recommending a bet on Peggy Morgan

Overconfident? I said Alers only has a wrestling advantage so gave him a small chance to win, I was right. Stanciu didn't have an advantage anywhere so her chances to win were extremely low, I was right. I tried helping people by talking them out of bets on Alers and Stanciu and no one listened

This time I give Serrano a small chance to win with his wrestling. Benoit has much more than a 50% chance to win so there's value. It doesn't matter if it loses, bets like that win longterm. Serrano is a bad bet even if he wins

Why would I care about being unlikeable on a forum and what exactly do I need help with? I'm doing just fine.

17. Dooze Purple Belt

Just peeping the official bets topic, seems like almost everyone who has bet the Pearson/Masvidal fight is either on o2.5 or one of them to win by decision, myself included.

Obviously no fight result is a lock, but it seems like one of those bets that's difficult to see it going awry, which is odd given how both are legit strikers. Seeing nearly everyone on a bet like that is something you'd expecting with a grinding wrestler as opposed to 2 fighters known for throwing down. It's weird but at the same time it doesn't feel like group think influencing everyone's decision to be on it or anything, just it seeming like such a logical outcome for the fight.

If Pearson ends up sparking out Masvidal in 10 seconds or something, you can blame me for jinxing the fight with this post.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  18. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Well first of all, I didn't reccomend a bet on Peggy Morgan.

You're overconfident. You made it sound like Knight was a lock, and a takedown at the end of the first likely saved him from a loss. People can come to their own conclusions, no one here needs you being so brash. And if you're trying to "talk people out of bets", is that how you think they'll listen?

This isn't about hitting value bets helping you win long term. We all know that.

Well, when everyone considers you an asshole, I just figured maybe you'd wanna check yourself. But if you don't care, than you must enjoy being an egocentric douche. If you like hitting bets and flaunting your ego rather than talking with us productively, fair enough, I guess.

19. robbiedawg Bettor Banned

Yes it is

20. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

No it's not, cause as I just said, we all know that. It's about how you carry yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.