UFC 202 - McGoat vs Diaz II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yes there is. The UFC wants a trilogy, conor wants a trilogy, even NATE wants a trilogy!

If Nate loses by cut or controversial stoppage or controversial decision, do not come in here bitching.

No way this fight gets fixed. There is already too much controversy around mma to risk that. Plus the sale is not complete in documentation and this would literally kill that.

Free money? Um, no. Larkin is tough. I don't blame you for favoring Magny but Larkin is no walk in the park.
Magny 9-1 in last 10, raked top5
Larkin 5-5 in last 10, not ranked
imo he doesnt stand the slightest chance but we'll see

This is true but 6 of Larkin's last 10 were at 185. He's looked very good since dropping down to 170. I think it's a tough fight to call, but I'm on Larkin at +135 for 1u. Larkin is very strong and I think he'll be able to keep this standing and get the win. Magny look a tremendous beating from Lombard in the first round and most likely would have lost that fight if Lombard had any cardio at all.

image.png
My plan was to get this one in and maybe go bigger the day of depending on how I feel about it. I was so mad at myself for only betting 75 to win 300 last time or whatever it came to be. I was sure this was a lock and still am fairly sure; however I am getting this feeling I get once the money is down where I doubt myself.

Anyone else shocked how many online predictions are picking mcgregor again after they were proved so wrong the first time out?

go fuck yourself mate
Relax dude there are some really awesome guys in this forum it's not the UFC discussion. These guys spend their time sharing a wealth of information which they don't need to do. Always awesome info in this forum relax bud.

1. Going 25 minutes in a sparring session isn't close to going 25 minutes against someone who is actually trying to do serious damage to you.

2. The video you posted isn't a sparring session, it's a media workout video. Sparring session = 2 guys hitting each other. Media workout = he hits pads and shows off random stuff so the media have something to write about.

3. The big problem with people backing Conor is that they are expecting all of these great improvements from him, but have never seen him employ them in his fights before. As of right now, all you're doing is hoping and praying all of the trash talk and hype he has been talking is true, and will come to fruition on fight-day.
This is why I come to this forum.

I personally think it is a mistake to count Mcgregor out of this contest. We have seen too many times this year guys who don't get rocked get rocked etc etc.

With that said I just don't see conor being able to improve what he needs to in this short time regardless of what was spent on a training camp. That truly means squat in my opinion(300k to train).

Nate has better chin and cardio by a mile. You cannot train chin and you can't catch a guy in cardio with 5 months prep when that guy has been training his heart for long distance running and biking his whole life. You can't close in on a solid set of bjj chops by bringing in Danis who is really just a black belt under Marcelo who won a few big brown belt tourneys and nothing special. He isn't Marcelo and besides he won't be in the cage for Conor. Nate would probably beat or stale mate Danis in a pure bjj match let's be real.

Nate has the better boxing fundamentals and it is more effective for him in long stretches. I say that because to be fair and unbiased mcgregor is pretty good at counter striking and landing precise shots. The problem is Nate can drag it into deep waters where only boxing fundamentals matter. When you are breathing heavy fancy striking is hard to do and solid crips 1-2 with your hands up reigns supreme.

Nate can take the shots and keep coming. This is demoralizing and also will wear on Conor and cause him to quit.

Nate can hurt him. All it took was one big right opened up by a jab and the fight turned tides. You could see Conor did not like being hit like that and he did quit. Let's also be fair Conor did well in round 1 but he didn't kill Nate in that round he threw way more and only landed 5 more.

I think we will see it maybe stretch a round or so longer this time and we may see moments that look like Conor getting the upper hand. He may even try going to the ground for a scramble. I still see Nate winning by ground and pound or submission again in round 3 after pulling away.

Look im not saying i favour larkin but he should be unbeaten at ww. I think he deserved the nod over tumenov and he smashed up a very good ponz and got the better of a very good masvidal. Ro say magny is a lock is silly.

Guys, thoughts about Means dec +350? I think this has a decent chance of hitting. Means breaks guys but isn't really an explosive finisher.

Look im not saying i favour larkin but he should be unbeaten at ww. I think he deserved the nod over tumenov and he smashed up a very good ponz and got the better of a very good masvidal. Ro say magny is a lock is silly.
Yeah Larkin looked great against Mas. I thought Mas would have some success with his wrestling but he had none. I think Larkin can finish Magny. He really lacks striking defence and Larkin has improved his hands.

I agree, I usually bet the FOTN prop smaller, but this has value.
Well done. I dont have that options available but I would smash that line.
They LOVE to give that to main eventers no matter what. With Conor and Nate is a no brainer.

Yeah Larkin looked great against Mas. I thought Mas would have some success with his wrestling but he had none. I think Larkin can finish Magny. He really lacks striking defence and Larkin has improved his hands.
Larkin GnP should be on point to finish Magny. Hector fucking Lombard emptied his gas tank trying to finish him and could not.

I think that Larkin will have a conservative approach on this one. He will try to stay in the outside and outland Magny. I dont see a finish.

Im on the over 2.5 (parlayed) on this one. Think it hits like 85% of the time.

Well done. I dont have that options available but I would smash that line.
They LOVE to give that to main eventers no matter what. With Conor and Nate is a no brainer.

Larkin GnP should be on point to finish Magny. Hector fucking Lombard emptied his gas tank trying to finish him and could not.

I think that Larkin will have a conservative approach on this one. He will try to stay in the outside and outland Magny. I dont see a finish.

Im on the over 2.5 (parlayed) on this one. Think it hits like 85% of the time.
Well to be fair, Hector couldn't finish 2016 Dan Henderson either.

Guys, thoughts about Means dec +350? I think this has a decent chance of hitting. Means breaks guys but isn't really an explosive finisher.

Cant say i like it hombasi or whatever his name is has been finished a few times. I took means sub @ +800

I took larkin dec +250 i think thats decent for a figt i see going to cards

From memory dc had to fight tooth and nail to get rumble down even r2 he was having a nightmare to begin with. I always speak on here about glovers excellent takedowns but i think he struggles to get aj down.

You know sham its crazy I thought the exact same thing, then watched tape on those 2 fights last week and dc had no issue grappling and even picking up rumble on his shoulder and slamming him to the ground, rumble did show his own wrestling but a bad move on his part, dc just been there on the ground his whole life so had easy scrambling and ability to get the better positions, glover has similar strengths (2nd degree bjj black belt and decent scrambling) so if it hits the ground imo he could snag a choke on rumble which is his kryptonite.

Same about tumenov and larkin.... on 2nd watch I could see tumenov had it easy with his much better boxing/head strikes, I think he edged 2 rounds easily, but during live bet I recall having it for larkin somehow lol

Anyhow good card for live betting, maybe time to go yolo nate after r1 !

I'm not on either side here, the odds should be close. But Magny would also do pretty poorly at 185. Larkin's 3-1 at 170 and could easily be 4-0 (I thought he beat Tumenov).

I am on the 'Fight goes to decision' prop for that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back