1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 202 - McGoat vs Diaz II - Vegas

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGnP Silver Belt

Bigger fights, a third fight against Nate won't be as big. Aldo rematch, potentially a Holloway rematch. Maybe even try to get him a LW title shot. UFC already gave him a title shot at RDA, I feel like they'd really like to see him as their first multi division champ.

2. iGnP Silver Belt

You didn't get paid for Swanson, right?

3. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Exactly what i was going to ask

4. plekz Brown Belt

all stemming from a single cut, caused by the side of conors glove when it slid across the side of nate's head.

5. iGnP Silver Belt

Diaz was hanging out w king-douche Dan Bilzerian last night. Confidence decrease

6. Thug Rose Green Belt

rankings exist for a reason. a guy who beat gastelum wont lose to a guy who lost to tumenov. Magny has 1 loss to a guy ranked higher than him. larkin has 5 losses to guys ranked lower than magny. is why i pointed out their records. there is no room for flukes etc
    obv conor lost to nate so he is not beating him the second time around. same thing

7. Initially White Belt

Magny is just too durable for Larkin.

He weathered some BOMBS from Hector Lombard, and looked as if he wasn't even rocked or dazed 30 seconds after.

He has a huge grappling edge on Larkin, and I'd give the striking advantage to Larkin -- but with Magny's reach, you never know.

Magny's cardio >>> Larkin's as well.

I think Magny @ -130 is a steal.

8. CR0W BOXING

They've fixed the Means odds but my bet is still open for it, usually when it's happened before they refund the bet almost immediately after fixing the line.

I have had a few line errors with Bet365 before and they've paid out so could be the same here.

9. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

You're damn right. People aren't considering this as much as they should be. It's wrong to say "there's so much on the line here", when beyond pride there isn't really. There's no belt, no significance in the rankings, it's just a crazy money fight and they all want to do it again asap. Gonna be so much harder to sell the trilogy if Nate goes 2-0.

Nate's still the better fighter but this is making me nervous.

10. rille31 Brown Belt

Cerrone 1.91 on Pinnacle

Have to bite

11. bruthead Blue Belt

BetVictor have McGregor-Diaz to end by doctor stoppage at 16/1 +1600 which is a nice little hedge if you have Diaz. Unfortunately they no longer take my bets.

12. iGnP Silver Belt

Lol wtf kind of logic is this

13. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

I was too slow logging in lol, wasn't so keen on 1/4 so I left it.

14. Roads55 Brown Belt

I think money is starting to come in on diaz

15. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Glover and Larkin are getting bet

16. plekz Brown Belt

no they don't, if conor had won the first fight, this fight wouldn't have happened in a million years. if he gets one back here, he'll start campaigning for a 155 push at the postfight press conference. nate even said as much himself, that this isn't built for him, he knows this is all built for conor.

17. Thug Rose Green Belt

you dont believe in one guy simply being a better fighter? you think they just roll a die or something :D

18. crewman Brown Belt

After what Hendo did to Lombard you still think Magny is too durable for Larkin?

I would be shocked if Magny can hold Larkin down for a reasonable amount of time. Larkin is hard to hold down at WW, hes too athletic, good footwork and fast. Cardio shouldn't be a big factor especially at 3 rounds. Larkin is too accurate with his strikes and Magny always seems to get hurt, thats a dangerous combination.

19. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

no disrespect, but i don't.. this isn't just "chicago is better than miami" -- this is a much more isolated sport with specific matchups and one misstep can cost a fighter the fight.

20. Initially White Belt

Hendo's victory over Lombard was incredible; I love Hendo, and I hate to be THAT guy, but if they fought 10 times I think Hector wins at least 8 out of 10.

Larkin's win over Ponz came in r2 IIRC, and it seemed at the end of that fight he was pretty gassed. I didn't see his fight with Masvidal, so I don't want to say he has BAD cardio by any means -- but Magny has showed time and time again he can weather storms and grind out victories.

Magny is 10-1 in his last 11 fights ALL in the UFC. His only loss coming to Maia. It's just really hard not to bet on him at his current price when he's beaten so many top tier WW's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.